Fantastic chance to win Audeze LCD-X & iSINE 20 worth over £2000
***This competition is not open to entrants in your territory. Please enter our Adam A77X competition instead***
Imagine if your mix room acoustics didn’t matter and that you could make crucial mixing decisions wherever in the world you are, with exceptional transient detail and separation.
Audeze created that reality with the LCD-X planar magnetic headphones. They set the bar for mastering-grade headphones and have picked up fans across the world as diverse as Ken Andrews, Noisia, Manny Marroquin, Stuart Hawkes, Above & Beyond, Feed Me and TMS, all of whom rely on them for mix and mastering work every day.
Audeze’s flagship headphones also get a lot of love in SOS, with Sam Inglis declaring in his October 2015 review: “To call the LCD-Xs good would be an understatement on a par with describing the Beatles as popular, or Picasso as handy with a paintbrush. Because they’re not good. They’re amazing.”
Each set is handcrafted in Audeze’s California factory, and based around 106mm drivers, providing nearly four times the area of most other headphone diaphragms. They even come in their own flight case, but with modern airline baggage restrictions, these aren’t always the easiest item for a jet-setting producer or engineer to travel with.
That’s why we’re also giving away a set of Audeze’s new iSINE 20 in-ear headphones. With the iSINE 20, the company have managed to miniaturise the same technology to create the world’s first planar magnetic in-ear headphones. This new model is designed for mix work, with an extended frequency response from 10Hz to 50kHz, 30mm transducers and a compact form, small enough for even the lightest of travellers, weighing only 20g. The patented Uniforce diaphragm is driven evenly over almost the entire surface of the driver, generating about a 10th of the THD found in most other IEM designs, claim Audeze. There’s also plenty of available headroom to deliver super-sharp transients, as they are rated to a substantial 3W of power handling and are easy to drive at only 24Ω impedance. There’s also the option of an additional cable for iOS with an in‑line DAC and headphone amp.
The iSINE range has only just started shipping, but already they are picking up compliments from early recipients such as drum & bass producer Teebee (of Calyx & Teebee on Ram Records): “In-ears that you can actually make critical mix decisions on? Yes please! iSINE 20s are just that and so much more. I’m amazed yet again.”
To be in with a chance of winning both pairs of headphones, fill out the form on the right. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Scan Pro Audio, UK Distributor for Audeze
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Scan, Audeze and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.