Fantastic chance to win Slate Digital VMS & Everything Bundle worth $1179.
This month, we’re pleased to give you the chance to win superb hardware and software prizes from Slate Digital. First up, we’re giving away the unique Slate Virtual Microphone System — a hybrid system that comprises an extremely transparent large-diaphragm condenser microphone, a sonically-neutral preamp and state-of-the-art digital processing suite that recreates the tone of classic microphones and preamps. The VMS models the character of revered studio mics such as the U47, Telefunken ELA M251, the AKG C12 and two variants of the Sony C800g. There’s even a model of the SM7, as well as the classic Neumann U67 and the rare U69.
We were really impressed with the VMS when we reviewed it in the November 2016 issue (http://sosm.ag/nov16slate). Reviewer Neil Rogers called it “a bold new product” and noted that the models get you “frighteningly close” to the sound of the original mics. Because all of the microphone models are created in software, it is even possible with the VMS to change the mic model after the performance, meaning no more time wasted on mic shoot-outs.
There are two software-modelled preamps that come with the VMS as well: the FG-73, which is based on the venerable Neve 1073, and the FG-76, which is based on Telefunken’s famous V76 tube preamp. In all, the VMS is a versatile beast that will be home in any recording environment, be it a home studio or a top-class recording facility.
On top of that, Slate Digital are giving one lucky reader the chance to win a year’s subscription to the Everything Bundle. This gives you access to every one of the Slate Digital plug-ins, as well as all third-party plug-ins that they offer — the total currently stands at 21. The plug-ins on offer run the gamut from equalisers and compressors to tape simulation, console emulation, mastering tools, reverb, exciters and more. Highlights include Repeater Delay, a collaboration between D16 and Slate to recreate sounds ranging from classic oil cans and plates to the most famous vintage digital designs; the FG-116 Blue Series Vintage compressor based on the iconic Universal Audio ‘Blue Stripe’ 1176; Verbsuite Classic, which recreates all of the most highly-regarded studio reverbs from the likes of Lexicon; and the powerful e2deesser from Eiosis. Guitarists are also catered for, with S-Gear virtual guitar amps.
As part of the Everything Bundle you also get free access to any new plug-ins that are released within a year, and a free online mixing and mastering course.
To be in with a chance of winning this spectacular prize, head to our web site and enter the competition by Monday 5th June. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Slate Digital
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Slate Digital and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.