Main Forums >> Live Sound & Performance
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
KlarkTeknik18

Sudden peaking of Sennheiser G3 Wireless Mic
      #1023584 - 11/12/12 03:24 AM
Dear all,

This is the first time im writing here.Hope im at the right place with a proper question.
For sometimes now,im facing a problem with my 8months old Sennheiser G3 135 series wireless mics.
Where the AF just peaks all of sudden when i off the handheld/transmitter and it makes loud distored noise on the FOH..It also happen when ever the handheld is off or muted.Its just annoying and make me look like a dumbo infront my client.Anyone here encountered the same problem.
If yes,please share the methods of overcoming it.I have send my mics for servicing twice after this problem.But Sennheiser claiming there is no problem with the units and it working fine.Please help.Much appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
seablade

Re: Sudden peaking of Sennheiser G3 Wireless Mic new [Re: KlarkTeknik18]
      #1023585 - 11/12/12 03:55 AM
Quote KlarkTeknik18:

Where the AF just peaks all of sudden when i off the handheld/transmitter and it makes loud distored noise on the FOH..

Is this supposed to be, '...when i TURN off...' ?

In which case the answer is simple, mute the input first.

Quote:

It also happen when ever the handheld is off or muted.

Have you checked to make certain you are not using a frequency that there is already an existing transmission on?

Seablade

KlarkTeknik18

Re: Sudden peaking of Sennheiser G3 Wireless Mic new [Re: seablade]
      #1023588 - 11/12/12 04:51 AM
Quote seablade:

Quote KlarkTeknik18:

Where the AF just peaks all of sudden when i off the handheld/transmitter and it makes loud distored noise on the FOH..

Is this supposed to be, '...when i TURN off...' ?

In which case the answer is simple, mute the input first.

Quote:

It also happen when ever the handheld is off or muted.

Have you checked to make certain you are not using a frequency that there is already an existing transmission on?

Seablade

KlarkTeknik18
Yup..ofcourse il always mute when im turning off the handheld..But when the handheld completely off,you can see the af peaks and mute and peaks and mute just like that..all this happen when the handheld has been completely off..

Seablade
Yup..have checked the frequencies if its clashing..but there is nothing existing..or maybe they way im checking is wrong..is there any other way to check clashing frequencies..I have 4 units..All my units in the range of 600 to 688.

John Willett
Sound-Link ProAudio

Loc: Oxfordshire UK
      #1023615 - 11/12/12 09:28 AM
Make sure that "Pilot" is ON on both transmitter and receiver.

Also, Male sure you have switched on the squelch at the receiver - LOW is normally the best setting.

The Receiver should mute as soon as the pilot from the transmitter is lost and will switch off silently.

This assumes you have a Genuine G3 system and have not purchased a fake.

--------------------
John - Sound-Link ProAudio
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Sam Spoons

Loc: Manchester UK
      #1023616 - 11/12/12 09:33 AM
It sounds like the squelch setting is wrong. Regarding frequency, it's not just conflicts from your own gear but you may have radio transmissions from elsewhere affecting the receivers (taxis and such like). Correct squelch setting wil help here. My Sennheiser G series mics have a mute on the mic which mutes the audio. When you say you mute before switching off, do you mean on the mic or on the mixer (or both)?

geefunk

Loc: Bristol, UK
      #1023617 - 11/12/12 09:39 AM
I had this happen to my G2 system once - Hugh advised me that sometimes other digital equipment can cause this. The time it happened I had a full band with a lot of pedals, synths, drum machines etc a lot of which were digital. It hasn't happened since, so worth checking what other equipment is in use when it happens.

--------------------
I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over
Twitter

KlarkTeknik18

#1025303 - 20/12/12 02:23 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies guys..appreciate it..it seems like it is a frequency problem..just cant find the right solution yet..squelch setting is low..and both pilots on..and at that time i only had a numark dj mixer..dont really ustd which is the clashing frequency..and the venue is a 500 pax ballroom which is quite far away from the main road..

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, Paul White, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 2653

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media