Main Forums >> Live Sound & Performance
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
grainsbarview

Loc: north west manchester
desperate for advice please
      #1040657 - 31/03/13 06:38 PM
hope someone can help here ...I have a dynacord powermate1000 ... this is the setup I have ...mini disc plugged in ...and 1 mic ...using mcgregors speakers

I am solo artist ..

the prob I have is the music from mini disc is sounding fine but when I plug mic in the voice sounds low, muffled even if I have it on loud ...its a sennheiser radio mic but even pluggin a leaded mic in its still the same ..ive even tried a different channel
hope someone can give advice on this

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
BJG145

Loc: Norwich UK
Re: desperate for advice please new [Re: grainsbarview]
      #1040659 - 31/03/13 07:03 PM
I'm not sure how familiar you are with this desk, or mixing desks in general. So, you've tried it with different microphones? Has it ever worked...? Have the microphones been tested with other equipment...? And have you followed the basic setup procedure as described on P5 of this manbual...?

http://www.dynacord.com/downloads/Quick_Manual.pdf

grainsbarview

Loc: north west manchester
      #1040662 - 31/03/13 07:10 PM
hi yes its been fine since ive had dynacord about 2 years .... the music is crystal clear its just when i use any mic

Sam Spoons

Loc: Manchester UK
      #1040679 - 31/03/13 08:39 PM
The most likely thing is that the mic is either set up wrong or is faulty. Have you got a known working wired mic to try (if not I'm sure your local dealer would be willing to help if there's a prospect of future business in it for them). Which Sennheiser wireless mic is it? I know the workings of the Freeport and EW series so may be able to help.

BJG145

Loc: Norwich UK
      #1040684 - 31/03/13 09:27 PM
Quote grainsbarview:

its been fine since ive had dynacord about 2 years .... the music is crystal clear its just when i use any mic

Has it ever worked with a mic? It's not clear whether something has changed - gone wrong - or whether you've never had it working how you want. Have you followed the instructions in the manual? Did you get the red peak LED showing?

Quote:

Test the microphone by speaking some loud words while holding it close to your mouth. The green signal present indicator (LED) of channel 1 will light. Turn the first channel’s “Gain Control” – the control all the way on the top of the channel’s module – to the right until the red peak LED will briefly blink. Turn the Gain Control back a little bit to the left. The signal level for this channel is now optimally set.

Dan LB

Loc: Wicklow, Ireland
      #1040840 - 01/04/13 11:59 PM
How do you have the EQ set on each mic channel?

shufflebeat

Loc: Manchester, UK
      #1040857 - 02/04/13 07:02 AM
Sent you a PM.

--------------------
Dear Mr God,
We called but you were out - B Dylan Deliveries (Intntl)

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, Paul White, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 1990

September 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for September 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media