Main Forums >> Apps and Other Computers/OS
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
alexis

Loc: San Antonio, TX USA
Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording?
      #1067653 - 25/09/13 02:54 PM
Title says it all!

Thanks -

--------------------
Alexis -Cubase7.5.20 64bit;i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W7SP1 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro2.5

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Exalted Wombat

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: alexis]
      #1067655 - 25/09/13 03:17 PM
There's plenty already. Only they're rather large tablets, with proper keyboards, generally called "Notebook Computers". What's this obsession with tablets anyway?

Folderol

Loc: Rochester, UK
Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: alexis]
      #1067677 - 25/09/13 04:44 PM
Latency of the hardware isn't an issue these days (unless you're doing something pretty complex). It's all the CPU and GPU starving eye-candy that causes the problems, and I can't think of place where it's more prevalent than on tablets.

--------------------
It wasn't me!
(Well, actually, it probably was)

alexis

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Exalted Wombat]
      #1067678 - 25/09/13 04:48 PM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

There's plenty already. Only they're rather large tablets, with proper keyboards, generally called "Notebook Computers". What's this obsession with tablets anyway?

For me (not an obsession though), for remote audio recording, also no fan noise (a secondary concern, as that is far from the rate limiting step in my audio chain).

Loading something like Cubasis or Auria onto the tablet, recording, then bringing back to the DAW.

Had not considered a notebook. I assume since smaller, not more fan noise than a tower or a laptop ... are they otherwise well-behaved enough for audio recording? I wonder if they are powerful enough to load a full DAW (I use Cubase) on ...

[Edit: Sorry Folderol, I missed your kind post. I thought I'd read that indeed the latency on the non-Mac tablets was quite long, measured in scores of milliseconds ... I will have to revisit that. Thanks!]

--------------------
Alexis -Cubase7.5.20 64bit;i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W7SP1 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro2.5

The Elf

Loc: Sheffield, UK
      #1067681 - 25/09/13 05:15 PM
Quote alexis:

Loading something like Cubasis or Auria onto the tablet, recording, then bringing back to the DAW.

Tablets are just cut-down computers that run a restricted set of software - there are already adequate non-tablet solutions for what you want to achieve (e.g. portable recorder, fan-less notebook, iPhone/similar plug-in mic's/interfaces), so why do want the solution to be a tablet?

--------------------
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

RyanA4

Loc: Santa Monica, CA
Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: The Elf]
      #1067722 - 26/09/13 02:55 AM
Because tablets are handicapped. Us hardware people sleep better at night knowing everything we use to make music has limitations we must overcome!

In all seriousness, there are grumblings that the impending (probably next year) larger and more powerful iPad might be targeted squarely at pro audio/video folk- meaning Logic for iPad, (fingers crossed) a Thunderbolt port for interfaces, probably software improvements to improve midi and audio latency (and further speculation it will wirelessly mirror the desktop for the upcoming PowerMac towers....).

But I gave up on the iPad for anything but light midi sequencing and some 2-3 track recordings (until the iConnectMidi 4+ shows up at my door), and, of course, the guilt free VSTs for hardware addicts! It's more of a sketchpad for ideas that end up in a DAW and a nice compliment to a hardware setup- which is the best we can do for music production tablets at this point.

--------------------
Talk me out of buying more synths....please.

Daniel Drummond

Loc: Brazil
      #1067724 - 26/09/13 03:22 AM
If you will only record you don't need low latency, unless recording soft synths. For audio the latency doesn't matter as long as the musicians are not monitoring themselves through the software. Consider a dedicated 16 channel recorder also. I read a review a few months ago here in SOS of a cost effective one but can't remember the name...

--------------------
www.estudiodrummond.com.br

RyanA4

Loc: Santa Monica, CA
Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Daniel Drummond]
      #1067726 - 26/09/13 03:37 AM
The Zoom R24. Been very close to picking one of those up myself. Great little compact recorder, 24 tracks, 4 simultaneous inputs, can act as an audio interface and drop your mix right into a DAW. Great for people with lots of hardware- much faster results putting your drums and bass through a mixer--->Zoom R24--->DAW than throwing individual tracks in without total confidence in your leveling.

--------------------
Talk me out of buying more synths....please.

alexis

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: The Elf]
      #1067730 - 26/09/13 04:37 AM
Quote The Elf:

Quote alexis:

Tablets are just cut-down computers that run a restricted set of software - there are already adequate non-tablet solutions for what you want to achieve (e.g. portable recorder, fan-less notebook, iPhone/similar plug-in mic's/interfaces), so why do want the solution to be a tablet?

I didn't know there was DAW software for iPhone, very interesting. I'm trying to look at only 24-bit solutions, do you know whether the iPhone fits the bill? Have you used one for recording, or do you know someone who has?

Portablity with multiple functions is the answer, of course. Can't use a Zoom to read the SOS forums, on a bus!

Rapturous Marsupial had mentioned a Notebook computer ... I have to say I'm not very knowledgeable about them, except vaguely knowing they're possibly smaller and more portable than a typical laptop (= good!). As far as I know Cubasis and Auria are only for iPad ...is anyone recording audio on notebooks? What software are you using?

Thanks!

Exalted Wombat

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: RyanA4]
      #1067743 - 26/09/13 07:39 AM
Quote RyanA4:

n all seriousness, there are grumblings that the impending (probably next year) larger and more powerful iPad might be targeted squarely at pro audio/video folk- meaning Logic for iPad, (fingers crossed) a Thunderbolt port for interfaces, probably software improvements to improve midi and audio latency (and further speculation it will wirelessly mirror the desktop for the upcoming PowerMac towers....).

So it will be a Macbook Air. Probably makes more sense to buy something a bit chunkier, with ROOM for the necessary ports. But if it's important the base unit should be super-slim, and you don't mind hanging a web of adapter cables off it..

The Elf

Loc: Sheffield, UK
      #1067751 - 26/09/13 10:00 AM
Quote alexis:

Quote The Elf:

Quote alexis:

I didn't know there was DAW software for iPhone, very interesting. I'm trying to look at only 24-bit solutions

iXY

Of course it depends on how sophisticated you want to get, but if you're taking audio back to home base to work on it properly then a DAW is maybe overkill.

--------------------
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

johnny h

#1067765 - 26/09/13 11:27 AM
Quote alexis:

Title says it all!

Thanks -

It'll probably be a while. High end developers don't like Android because its users are lower in number, lower in income and lower in probability of paying for software. For audio developers its even worse - the audio system is very badly designed on Android and doesn't work with low latency audio.

alexis

#1067771 - 26/09/13 11:38 AM
Quote The Elf:

Quote alexis:

Quote The Elf:

Quote alexis:

I didn't know there was DAW software for iPhone, very interesting. I'm trying to look at only 24-bit solutions

iXY

Of course it depends on how sophisticated you want to get, but if you're taking audio back to home base to work on it properly then a DAW is maybe overkill.

Thanks, The Elf. Looks like a great way to get audio into an iPhone (says SOS's Paul White!) - I could see considering buying my 1st iPhone just to use it!

It's all a matter of personal choice, but on balance I like the idea of a little more DAW features at the remote recording end, even if I'm going to bring it back to the main DAW later. E.g., cycle recording w/ lanes - I know it's not a necessity, but I've gotten very used to recording audio that way, and all things being equal, would like to have that option remotely as well.

Cubasis obviously would be nice for me, as I'm a Cubase user. It unfortunately doesn't run on an iPhone, just an iPad.

Is anyone running a full scale DAW in a netbook?

--------------------

Richard Graham

Loc: Gateshead, UK
      #1067840 - 26/09/13 10:15 PM
Quote alexis:

Quote The Elf:

Quote alexis:

Quote The Elf:

Quote alexis:

iXY

Thanks, The Elf. Looks like a great way to get audio into an iPhone (says SOS's Paul White!) - I could see considering buying my 1st iPhone just to use it!

It's all a matter of personal choice, but on balance I like the idea of a little more DAW features at the remote recording end, even if I'm going to bring it back to the main DAW later. E.g., cycle recording w/ lanes - I know it's not a necessity, but I've gotten very used to recording audio that way, and all things being equal, would like to have that option remotely as well.

Cubasis obviously would be nice for me, as I'm a Cubase user. It unfortunately doesn't run on an iPhone, just an iPad.

So why not an iPad?

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

Richard Graham

Loc: Gateshead, UK
Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Exalted Wombat]
      #1067843 - 26/09/13 10:20 PM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote RyanA4:

n all seriousness, there are grumblings that the impending (probably next year) larger and more powerful iPad might be targeted squarely at pro audio/video folk- meaning Logic for iPad, (fingers crossed) a Thunderbolt port for interfaces, probably software improvements to improve midi and audio latency (and further speculation it will wirelessly mirror the desktop for the upcoming PowerMac towers....).

So it will be a Macbook Air. Probably makes more sense to buy something a bit chunkier, with ROOM for the necessary ports. But if it's important the base unit should be super-slim, and you don't mind hanging a web of adapter cables off it..

You'd only need one adaptor cable on any laptop, including a MacBook Air, the USB audio-interface one ... Why would you need to add "a web of cables" onto it? What other necessary ports would you need room for

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

Dan Bo

Loc: Oxford
      #1067850 - 26/09/13 11:15 PM
Quote alexis:

Is anyone running a full scale DAW in a netbook?

Does Reaper count as full scale?

--------------------
Two interesting facts about me: 1)My Knob is the length of two Argos pens 2)I'm banned from Argos

Exalted Wombat

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Richard Graham]
      #1067876 - 27/09/13 08:52 AM
Quote Richard Graham:

Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote RyanA4:

You'd only need one adaptor cable on any laptop, including a MacBook Air, the USB audio-interface one ... Why would you need to add "a web of cables" onto it? What other necessary ports would you need room for

Anyone who chose a MacBook Air would naturally also choose a super-slim "Mac-like" audio interface, with barely room for a mini-jack headphone socket, let alone XLR mic ports. So the web continues... :-)

Yes, I'm teasing. But only just.

johnny h

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Richard Graham]
      #1067880 - 27/09/13 09:04 AM
Quote Richard Graham:

Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote RyanA4:

You don't, obviously! Its just Wombat's continual Apple envy seeping through. The sacrilegious use of computers that 'just work' rather than 'just work after you uninstall all the crapware, go through your virus checker updates, firewall interrogation, drivers, blah blah blah..'

Mixedup

Loc: Cambridge, UK
      #1067882 - 27/09/13 09:07 AM
Is latency the problem you think it is? I mean, you only really need zero latency for artist foldback, as long as you can use your headphones or sit in a room where you have monitors, rather than hear the live performance in the room. In which case, you can use a USB driver on an Android device if you wish. You might need a USB adapter cable, but it can be done. Not saying that this is the best solution - the iOS devices are currently better suited to audio - but location recording (in stereo) can be done.

I think the new MS Surfaces are due out soon, complete with an audio package. Not sure how that will work out, but it could be what you want, particularly if you're on Windows now.

The other option is to use a smartphone for everything else and get a nice compact recorder that's dedicated to teh task. Eg the Zoom H6 (6-track capture), or a larger dedicated recorder a la A+H ICE16 (though you'd need something with mic preamps for that...).

Personally, I'd be choosing a compact notebook with Windows and plenty of USB ports for dongles, interfaces etc, as this will make for a much more versatile solution IMO.

johnny h

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Mixedup]
      #1067885 - 27/09/13 09:15 AM
Quote Mixedup:

Is latency the problem you think it is? I mean, you only really need zero latency for artist foldback, as long as you can use your headphones or sit in a room where you have monitors, rather than hear the live performance in the room. In which case, you can use a USB driver on an Android device if you wish. You might need a USB adapter cable, but it can be done. Not saying that this is the best solution - the iOS devices are currently better suited to audio - but location recording (in stereo) can be done.

I think the new MS Surfaces are due out soon, complete with an audio package. Not sure how that will work out, but it could be what you want, particularly if you're on Windows now.

The other option is to use a smartphone for everything else and get a nice compact recorder that's dedicated to teh task. Eg the Zoom H6 (6-track capture), or a larger dedicated recorder a la A+H ICE16 (though you'd need something with mic preamps for that...).

Personally, I'd be choosing a compact notebook with Windows and plenty of USB ports for dongles, interfaces etc, as this will make for a much more versatile solution IMO.

Sod dongles, any software company that wants me to stick redundant bits of plastic on the side of my laptop can do one.

alexis

#1067914 - 27/09/13 01:41 PM
I didn't realize till I just looked it up that essentially notebook=laptop nowadays.

So why not a laptop? Cost, concern that it will run Cubase properly, and it doesn't bring a new functionality into the house (I've got two laptops already). So, looking like a tablet, which because of latency issues, looks like it means an iPad (need to hear it live in the cans).

Thanks -

--------------------

Exalted Wombat

#1067968 - 27/09/13 09:14 PM
Quote alexis:

So why not a laptop? Cost, concern that it will run Cubase properly, and it doesn't bring a new functionality into the house (I've got two laptops already).

So why not use one of your laptops?

alexis

#1067971 - 27/09/13 09:36 PM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote alexis:

So why not a laptop? Cost, concern that it will run Cubase properly, and it doesn't bring a new functionality into the house (I've got two laptops already).

1. XP
2. They are work laptops, I have some leeway in what I do with them, but loading up DAW software is probably asking for a midnight visit from the IT ninjas.

--------------------

Exalted Wombat

#1067979 - 27/09/13 11:11 PM
A new laptop then. The utility models now come with an i3 or i5 processor, 8GB RAM, a 1TB hard drive... Plenty to run a DAW on, and a lot cheaper than a considerably less powerful iPad.

Or get something like a Zoom R - [whatever does the number of tracks you need]. Bring the result home for further processing on your main computer if required. They're great little track-capturing machines, a bit fiddly for editing and other manipulation. And they also plug into a computer as a multi-channel audio interface.

ef37a

Loc: northampton uk
      #1067998 - 28/09/13 08:55 AM
Quote alexis:

Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote alexis:

1. XP
2. They are work laptops, I have some leeway in what I do with them, but loading up DAW software is probably asking for a midnight visit from the IT ninjas.

You can run Reaper in "portable" mode from a usb stick.
I assume "Da Management" will allow you to install drivers for an AI? If not, use a Behringer UCA202. I used one on a works PC and it was fine with its generic drivers (I am pulling your's a bit! The 202 is a handy wee thing but 16bits only.)

But then you are going to stuff the works lappie's hard drive with .wavs unless you dump them off after each session.

Dave.

alexis

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: johnny h]
      #1068110 - 29/09/13 01:27 PM
Quote johnny h:

Quote alexis:

Title says it all!

Thanks -

It'll probably be a while. High end developers don't like Android because its users are lower in number, lower in income and lower in probability of paying for software.For audio developers its even worse - the audio system is very badly designed on Android and doesn't work with low latency audio.

Thank you everyone for your kind and helpful comments. Johnny h, that is especially helpful to know. It ties in w/ the fair amount I've read on the topic as well. It looks like the answer to the OP is "not for a while, still", pending anything new from MS Surface, as mentioned in a post above.

Expecting complete failure (based on the many many "minefield" comments and icons on the stickied pc laptop thread), on a lark I tested the DPC on my personal, "non-audio" laptop. I was flabbergasted to see that it tested out acceptably. So, for the moment at least I'm going to hold on my search for a tablet, and look instead for an XP-compatible interface.

I've got a thread HERE asking for advice on a choice of an XP-compatible interface, if anyone wanted to contribute, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

briandc

#1068114 - 29/09/13 02:36 PM
I wonder why an Android tablet wouldn't work just fine, like these:

Majestic

As I'm running an complete audio set-up (DAW and all) on this laptop (and other older desktop PCs) using linux/GNU, I don't see why it would be a problem on an Android..

I'm really tempted to give it a shot-- especially since these types of tablets only cost about 100 dollars and many linux distros are plenty lightweight.

brian

--------------------
Build your PC your way: use linux!
Linux-based synthesizers

damoore

Loc: New Hampshire
Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: briandc]
      #1068116 - 29/09/13 02:49 PM
Linux and Android are two different OSs. A lot of work has been done to get good audio support on Linux while Android so far as I know has not had the same work put in.

Loading Linux is generally not hard to do. It's a question of driver support generally. You cannot expect your existing Windows software to work (or your Mac software for that matter) and while some commercial software is available for Linux (Pianoteq for example) it may not run on the chip in any given tablet. Some tablets run ARM processors while others run Intel processors and you cannot freely interchange software between the two processors.

johnny h

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: briandc]
      #1068123 - 29/09/13 05:06 PM
Quote briandc:

I wonder why an Android tablet wouldn't work just fine, like these:

Majestic

As I'm running an complete audio set-up (DAW and all) on this laptop (and other older desktop PCs) using linux/GNU, I don't see why it would be a problem on an Android..

I'm really tempted to give it a shot-- especially since these types of tablets only cost about 100 dollars and many linux distros are plenty lightweight.

brian

Sounds like a heap of trouble, but if you have plenty of time on your hands and you like fiddling, why not? Not everyone wants to pay a premium price and expect everything to work easily.

Mixedup

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: johnny h]
      #1068183 - 30/09/13 08:28 AM
Quote johnny h:

Sod dongles, any software company that wants me to stick redundant bits of plastic on the side of my laptop can do one.

...and sod audio interfaces too, I suppose?

Mixedup

#1068184 - 30/09/13 08:30 AM
Quote johnny h:

Android... users are lower in number.

There are very good reasons why audio developers don't like Android (latency, myriad hardware models etc), but this is not one of them.

Exalted Wombat

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Folderol]
      #1068200 - 30/09/13 09:46 AM
Quote Folderol:

Latency of the hardware isn't an issue these days (unless you're doing something pretty complex). It's all the CPU and GPU starving eye-candy that causes the problems, and I can't think of place where it's more prevalent than on tablets.

Latency isn't a floating figure depending on system load. It's defined by the architecture of the hardware, audio interface drivers and (maybe) user settings. The most powerful PC imaginable won't achieve low latency when playing the Microsoft Synth - it just isn't set up that way. This seems to be a feature of Android at present.

johnny h

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Mixedup]
      #1068240 - 30/09/13 01:25 PM
Quote Mixedup:

Quote johnny h:

Well they aren't prerequisites for making release quality music, unless you have been living in a cave the last 10 years.

Exalted Wombat

#1068266 - 30/09/13 05:27 PM
Quote johnny h:

Quote Mixedup:

Quote johnny h:

Well they aren't prerequisites for making release quality music, unless you have been living in a cave the last 10 years.

In which case you could probably get by without a reverb. plugin too.

johnny h

#1068270 - 30/09/13 05:41 PM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote johnny h:

Quote Mixedup:

Quote johnny h:

Oh really? Speak from experience, or not? Probably not, right?

alexis

#1068271 - 30/09/13 05:46 PM
Hey guys, get a room!

Seriously, you have both helped me a lot, thank you!, I just don't want people to be put off from adding to your excellent advice by other issues like the last few posts.

Thanks!

--------------------

Exalted Wombat

#1068319 - 30/09/13 11:31 PM
Quote johnny h:

Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote johnny h:

Quote Mixedup:

Quote johnny h:

Oh really? Speak from experience, or not? Probably not, right?

Oh, lighten up! Live in a cave. Geddit?

Goddard

#1068422 - 01/10/13 02:15 PM
Already there. Like, since the original iPad.

Wease

Loc: Sunny Walsall
      #1068620 - 02/10/13 06:01 PM
If you were already "with" apple, I'd suggest an ipad...and cause I have a MacBook Pro, the ipad fits into the system well, etc, etc.

However, that zoom r24 does look a good solution...and is £300 on gear for music...certainly the best value option.

The issue with light, yet fully functioning laptops of any persuasion, fruity or not, is that they are expensive.

And, it's not just the cost of the machine, there's the software licences and the audio interface to look out for, and carry.

But that zoom doubles up as a control surface as well....it looks quite a good machine actually...

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/seaapes

alexis

Re: Anyone know how close we are to getting a non-Mac tablet with latency low enough for recording? new [Re: Wease]
      #1068640 - 02/10/13 07:56 PM
Quote Wease:

If you were already "with" apple, I'd suggest an ipad...and cause I have a MacBook Pro, the ipad fits into the system well, etc, etc.

However, that zoom r24 does look a good solution...and is £300 on gear for music...certainly the best value option.

The issue with light, yet fully functioning laptops of any persuasion, fruity or not, is that they are expensive.

And, it's not just the cost of the machine, there's the software licences and the audio interface to look out for, and carry.

But that zoom doubles up as a control surface as well....it looks quite a good machine actually...

Thanks for that, Wease. I have to admit, I have high anxiety about a solution like this regarding, a) The ability to do cycle recording of audio takes so that each take is stored, not erasing the previous takes, and b) bringing that over to my home DAW. I have to admit I haven't researced the Zoom as much as I have software options (I've been told Reaper does cycle recording/preserved takes like that, have l;ooked at Auria as well), and interfaces (I've got a list of four I'm concentrating on).

But, thanks for the suggestion - I will use it as impetus to look seriously at that piece of hardware!

Regards,

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor, TESTER33,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 10789

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media