Main Forums >> Recording Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
InRetro

Loc: London
MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard
      #1037594 - 11/03/13 05:26 PM
My Fast Track Ultra was out of warranty when it stopped being recognised over USB. I got in touch with M-audio (Numark) support who gave me the contact details of a company called MTS, who they suggested for the repair. I gave them a call, got their address and sent off my soundcard to them. A week later I gave a follow up call to check on progress and they said they were working on it as we spoke. That was nearly 6 months ago, and the last time I was able to contact them, despite (literally) hundreds of calls, several voicemails and a letter.

I thought I'd just let everyone know in case anyone else was tempted to try them for repairs (not that you'll ever get through to them on the phone). Following up with M-Audio, it seems several of their customers have been similarly frustrated by efforts to get in contact. It all seems pretty crazy, but I'm not sure if there's anything I can actually do at this point other than write off my soundcard, unless anyone has any suggestions?

Has anyone else been successfully in contact with them?

Anyone know any heavies in the Mirfield/Huddersfield area?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Hugh RobjohnsAdministrator
SOS Technical Editor

Loc: Worcestershire
Re: MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard new [Re: InRetro]
      #1037598 - 11/03/13 05:43 PM
Send them a registered letter demanding its return within 7 days (either fixed and warranted or in the same condition that it left you), or that you'll issue a local small claims court order where you will sue for the cost of a replacement unit, plus compensation for the time and costs involved in chasing them, plus the small-claim court process costs, plus damages for the inconvenience...

hugh

--------------------
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

G-Doubleyou

Re: MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard new [Re: InRetro]
      #1037600 - 11/03/13 05:47 PM
Did you send it off before or after Avid sold M-Audio?

--------------------
G-Dub
Studio G-fx 15inch quad-core i7 Macbook Pro Logic9.1.8, LPX 10.0.3

inMusicSimon

#1037925 - 13/03/13 12:55 PM
Hello, very sorry to hear you have had issues with MTS and your repair.
Unfortunately this is a completely separate organization from M-Audio or inMusic Brands.

As you may be aware, M-Audio was recently acquired by inMusic brands. The following products were not included with this acquisition, and will be marketed, sold, supported and serviced by Avid moving forward:

· Fast Track USB
· Fast Track
· Fast Track Pro
· Fast Track Ultra
· Fast Track Ultra 8R
· Fast Track C400
· Fast Track C600
· Mobilepre USB
· Mobilepre

We have been provided by Avid the details of MTS for all out of warranty repairs and asked by Avid to direct customers to them. Im very sorry for any frustration and inconvenience this may cause.

inMusicSimon

Re: MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard new [Re: Hugh Robjohns]
      #1037926 - 13/03/13 12:58 PM
I hope it does not need to come to that :-(

Please note however that any such requests would need to be directed at MTS or Avid for the reasons stated above.

BJG145

Loc: Norwich UK
      #1037933 - 13/03/13 01:39 PM
MTS are the most utterly useless and unresponsive company ever. Had a frustrating time trying to arrange a repair before giving up, writing a stroppy letter to M-Audio, and getting a free replacement. In my experience, if you want an M-Audio product fixed once it's out of warranty, forget it.

isrob

#1038613 - 17/03/13 04:42 PM
Hi there - just thought I'd register to say that I'm having similar difficulties getting in touch with MTS after sending my device to them for repair. It's now been nearly 2 months with no response to emails or anyone picking up the phone.

jpbowman

Re: MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard new [Re: isrob]
      #1038707 - 18/03/13 01:29 PM
Oh dear, I'm in the same boat. It has been 3 weeks since I sent my Project Mix to be repaired and have had no contact from them

--------------------

zenguitarAdministrator

Loc: Devon
      #1038712 - 18/03/13 01:55 PM
I think I can direct you all to some appropriate 'heavies'...

They can get pretty tough at times, often sending a team around, and best of all, it's all legal. They go by the name of Trading Standards. And your local Trading Standards will even help you identify which local authority has jurisdiction.

Use them, that's what they are there for.

Andy

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro.

James PerrettModerator

Loc: The wilds of Hampshire
Re: MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard new [Re: inMusicSimon]
      #1038722 - 18/03/13 02:52 PM
Quote inMusicSimon:

We have been provided by Avid the details of MTS for all out of warranty repairs and asked by Avid to direct customers to them. Im very sorry for any frustration and inconvenience this may cause.

Simon - it might be worth checking that they are still trading before sending any more people their way. While these devices may not be your responsibility strictly speaking, you're probably not helping the brand image by washing your hands of these problems.

--------------------
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration.
http://www.jrpmusic.net

jpbowman

#1041257 - 04/04/13 10:58 AM
Anyone had any luck getting in touch with MTS?

--------------------

Geoff Clout

#1048279 - 15/05/13 10:31 AM
Simon at MTS is a friendly bloke.... but he is absolutely a torture to deal with.

For the sake of their brand someone, like SoundOnSound, should make sure that m-audio/avid/whoever takes some responsibility for the fact that we are now without soundcards or any way of getting them.

Any one had any luch at all in the last couple of months?

Or alternatively, does anyone have a schematic for an 8R, I will then drive to Mirfield on spec and try to get my card to a different repairers.

www.polkaville.com

BJG145

Loc: Norwich UK
      #1048287 - 15/05/13 11:04 AM
I agree, it's SOS's fault. Get a grip ppl.

jpbowman

Re: MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard new [Re: BJG145]
      #1048889 - 18/05/13 05:36 PM
Quote BJG145:

I agree, it's SOS's fault. Get a grip ppl.

Nobody is blaming SOS but M-Audio would probably take a bit more notice if SOS got on their case too.

Quote Geoff Clout:

Any one had any luch at all in the last couple of months?

I contacted Holmebank Business Park (where MTS are based) to try and find out if they are still trading and got this reply...

"I am based at the same site and can confirm that there is no one currently working at this unit. We have heard that Simon is ill at the moment and has been off for several weeks."

But they also said...
"We’ve done some investigating, your parcel was signed for by a neighbouring unit but it was collected by MTS shortly after it was delivered."

I have also rang Trading Standards who told to me to contact MTS in writing and if they don't get back to me within two weeks(which they haven't) ring them back, I still need to do this. There are template letters on their website if anyone else plans to do this.

--------------------

Subsonix

Re: MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard new [Re: jpbowman]
      #1053243 - 19/06/13 12:37 PM
He's had my gear 2 years now.

Last contact was October 2012 when he told me he was sending it back... still waiting and he's impossible to contact.

jpbowman

#1124026 - 27/10/14 10:15 AM
I've just caught a bit of Rip Off Britain and it reminded me of this thread.

I presume know has had their items returned?

--------------------

Subsonix

Re: MTS (M Audio out of warranty servicing) and my kidnapped soundcard new [Re: jpbowman]
      #1124240 - 28/10/14 01:12 PM
Rip Off Britain indeed.

Not heard a thing, never got my Delta back.

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
1 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: *
Thread views: 5602

November 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for November 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media