Main Forums >> Recording Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
9thaspect

Loc: Wigan, Manchester, U.K.
Sonar X2 Producer Rewire Reason 5 problems, any ideas?
      #1046190 - 01/05/13 09:23 PM
I just want to be able to record my midi keyboard using the reason racks and record Dr Octorex drums. Cant seem to be able to set this up correctly, I have had a real problem with Dr Octorex drums. I want to be able to set up each synth or drums loop on a separate track, I could do this with no problem in Ableton and know I must be doing something wrong, but cant suss out what it is. I have tried quite a few videos on YouTube but they seem to be too advanced in the way they are doing things, I just need a simple set up. Anyone know how to do this or have any links to the right information. No expert so simplicity would be really cool, I am stuck on this one and I use Reason quite a lot so would really appreciate any advice or guidance.

Cheers!

This is definitely me at the moment

Cant find anything on here except some info from 2002, which is a really old version of both programs so the instructions are obsolete.

--------------------
"There's three kinds of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't."

Edited by 9thaspect (01/05/13 09:56 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
9thaspect

Re: Sonar X2 Producer Rewire Reason 5 problems, any ideas? new [Re: 9thaspect]
      #1048754 - 17/05/13 05:31 PM
No one any ideas? Am I committing a no no by asking

--------------------
"There's three kinds of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't."

Wease

Loc: Sunny Walsall
      #1048762 - 17/05/13 06:46 PM
You're not committing a no no...

But you might be a little clearer in what you want the octo Rex to do
You can put up to 8 loops into 1 octorex and have the audio of these loops diverted to separate mono audio channels.
What you can't do is make the octorex play more than 1 loop at a time.....you can decide which loop of the 8 in the octorex you want to play via its midi channel...but only one at a time....

If you want to play 8 different loops simultaneously (like the clip play in ableton live?) then you need 8 separate octorexs (octorexes? Octorie?) ...which will come with 8 separate midi control channels etc

Does this help??

The propellor heads reason site is a great resource you know.....and the videos there on each instrument in the rack are very good...IMHO

Wease

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/seaapes

9thaspect

#1098143 - 15/04/14 11:38 PM
Thanks for the info its appreciated, I have sussed out that Reason 5 wont rewire into Sonar X2 P 64 bit, need to upgrade to a newer version I think 6 does.

--------------------

mhaigh

Loc: Hockley, Essex
      #1098686 - 19/04/14 10:33 PM
that's right; you could also install the 32 bit version of Sonar and use Reason 5, which might be easier (and will certainly be cheaper!)

--------------------
My metal music! My other music!

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 1355

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media