Main Forums >> Mac Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
CC#11

Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6
      #1018481 - 14/11/12 02:10 AM
Yamaha is really flexing it's muscle with the release of both Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6.

C7 is looking mighty awesome!!!
http://www.steinberg.net/en/home.html

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Pink Fluid

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: CC#11]
      #1018533 - 14/11/12 11:02 AM
But still no attempt at addressing the program's dreadful windows management......

The Elf

Loc: Sheffield, UK
Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: Pink Fluid]
      #1018536 - 14/11/12 11:17 AM
Quote Pink Fluid:

But still no attempt at addressing the program's dreadful windows management......

Why? What needs fixing?

--------------------
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Pink Fluid

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: The Elf]
      #1018544 - 14/11/12 12:12 PM
What I'm talking about is a proper docking system with tabs. I'm sure the windows are working as designed (very 1995) but I find things like constantly having to resize the main arrange window after other windows have been opened, or not having the correct plug-ins displayed according to the channel selected really tedious. I accept there are things I could maybe do like 'Always on top' etc as well as using window sets but I'm not a power user and I usually find myself very quickly bogged down in a mass of windows.

The Elf

Loc: Sheffield, UK
      #1018581 - 14/11/12 02:58 PM
I can't see the problem. I have the Arrange window on one monitor and the mixer on the other. I never have to move or resize anything.

And tabs?! No thank you!

I really hope Steinberg don't change anything in that direction. I'm happy with things just as they are!

--------------------
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Matt Houghton
SOS Reviews Editor

#1018587 - 14/11/12 03:27 PM
Quote Pink Fluid:

What I'm talking about is a proper docking system with tabs.

Please, nooooooo! I want to be able to manage the windows as I see fit, not be forced into a way of working someone else dreamed up. That's one thing I like about Cubase and I hate that other DAWs have moved in that direction. If I wanted everything neat and visible and fitting on one screen, I might as well just have a bunch of sliders and text boxes, and dispense with the GUI altogether.

I'm working on a dual screen setup, and there's plenty of space to put windows where I want them. I suppose a tabs ***option*** might benefit laptop users.

Also, I *like* having plug-ins from multiple channels open at the same time. It means I can balance settings on tracks that have an impact on one another in the mix. Eg HPF, tape emulation, EQ, VCC or whatever. To manage windows, I've just assigned a shortcut key to the ones I use regularly — three mixers, VST connections, VST instruments etc etc.

--------------------
SOS Reviews Editor

Dave Rowles

Loc: Isle of Man
      #1018593 - 14/11/12 04:18 PM
Quote The Elf:

I have the Arrange window on one monitor and the mixer on the other.

Actually, multiple windows is my biggest annoyance with Cubase. If I had a second monitor then it would sort it out, but as I'm a one-screen-laptop kinda guy it's very cluttered. I much prefer the screenset feature of Logic. One hit number key for each function.

If Cubase has this function now however...please ignore my post :P

--------------------
www.manninmusic.com Bandcamp
Sound Engineer, Music Teacher, Isle of Man

Edited by Dave Rowles (14/11/12 04:19 PM)

artzmusic

Loc: usa
      #1018634 - 14/11/12 09:50 PM
Really happy with C6. (dual-screen) Is anyone seeing an advantage to updating?

Rick

Strangy

Loc: Cardiff, UK
Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: artzmusic]
      #1018644 - 14/11/12 11:33 PM
Quote artzmusic:

Really happy with C6. (dual-screen) Is anyone seeing an advantage to updating?

Rick

same here... from the "what's new" blurb on the website:

"12 dB boost ... an exceptional feel to the controls ... plenty of pristine headroom and a fundamentally transparent sonic signature."

ok there are other features but I'm not sold!

early days, maybe it'd grow but I don't really like the look of the new channel strip nor the mixer console layout, guess that's all very subjective though.

Disclaimer: I'll happily point out that I'm a bit annoyed as I was just about to update from 6 to 6.5 and now apparently can't! The only way to get the new features introduced in 6.5 is to wait for 7

Will_m

Loc: Manchester
      #1018657 - 15/11/12 01:54 AM
I suppose it depends on how you use it but I think the update is going to be a good one, the new mixer for me seems much more intuitive, the A/B for all plug-ins is cool, the voxengo eq,the video collaboration tool and a fair few tweaks and improvements mean it should be quite a leap forward. You also get the new stuff from 6.5 (I'm on v6) which was a much smaller update and seemed to be mainly adding in new synths etc, the soundcloud integration was cool though, just another little time saver.

I was hoping for some improvement to working with picture though but I guess you can't have it all.

--------------------
http://www.williammorrismusic.com

Matt Houghton
SOS Reviews Editor

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: Dave Rowles]
      #1018665 - 15/11/12 07:53 AM
Quote Dave Rowles:

Quote The Elf:

I have the Arrange window on one monitor and the mixer on the other.

Actually, multiple windows is my biggest annoyance with Cubase. If I had a second monitor then it would sort it out, but as I'm a one-screen-laptop kinda guy it's very cluttered. I much prefer the screenset feature of Logic. One hit number key for each function.

If Cubase has this function now however...please ignore my post :P

Yes, Cubase does have shortcut keys for each window. You can find them if you go to the keyboard shortcuts menu option. In fact, you can change them and assign keys to control whatever you want. Eg I've got a USB numeric keypad set up to control loads of different functions; and assigned other keys to control horizontal/vertical zoom; the F keys to select different windows; number keys on the main keypad to select editing tools. Etc etc. You can assign whatever you want to whatever function, macro or tool you want. Maybe I should do a tutorial on that in the mag!

But in C7 there looks to be a function to create a shortcut to your current settings and positionings within the project. Looks a more elegant solution to me than a dock, but that remains to be seen. What I meant was that I hate being forced to work in a certain way, and the Logic/Ableton style arrangement, that has made its way into PT etc makes me feel constricted.

I can recommend a dual screen setup if you have the space. Another screen is as cheap (f not cheaper) than upgrading Cubase! I don't put everything in view at once, though - I prefer to have the arrange page stretched out, the mixer stretched out and flip between the two main views. I can see everything going in in the mixer that way, and have more info available to the left of the arrange page, and VU metering and master buss processing visible on the right. Works nicely for me, though others prefer to work in a different way...

--------------------
SOS Reviews Editor

Matt Houghton
SOS Reviews Editor

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: Strangy]
      #1018666 - 15/11/12 07:58 AM
Quote STRANGY:

I was just about to update from 6 to 6.5 and now apparently can't! The only way to get the new features introduced in 6.5 is to wait for 7

Yes, odd that that's not available in the Steinberg shop. If you don't want to wait, or upgrade to C7, I suppose you could buy Cubase 5 > 6.5 upgrade (as C6 will act as a license for C5 and previous), but that's 166 Euros.

From the videos I've seen of C7, though, you can show/hide the built in channel strip stuff, so you could always hide what you don't want. Not quite the 49 Euro update though...

--------------------
SOS Reviews Editor

desmond

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: Matt Houghton]
      #1018669 - 15/11/12 09:04 AM
Quote Matt Houghton:

What I meant was that I hate being forced to work in a certain way, and the Logic/Ableton style arrangement, that has made its way into PT etc makes me feel constricted.

Unfortunately, from LP8 onwards, people seem to start bundling Logic into the "single-window" app category, and it is not.

Just because there is an option to work in one consolidated window, which does make sense for a lot of people, doesn't mean it forces you to. You can use Logic in that same way you always could, with multiple windows, screensets, content-linked windows and so on. In many cases, Logic's window management has always been pretty good, even if not that many people seemed to understand how powerful/useful and time saving it was/is.

I also hate window juggling and find it one of the most workflow-destructive things, to have to keep moving windows around, juggling which ones are on top, resizing to see other windows etc. When I watch some people work, I shudder at how slow and inefficient some people operate in their environment...

clisma

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: desmond]
      #1018676 - 15/11/12 09:36 AM
+1 on the Logic Window management system (especially the linking feature!). Being able to recall screensets with a quick shortcut is worth gold in a fast workflow. First thing I set up in every template for every new project is a screenset for notation, editing and mixing. Switch between those depending on the task at hand. My only gripe is that the zoom levels of the arrange window don't carry over from one screenset to the next: I'd love a preference option to allow that.

Digital Performer actually has a brilliant concept with the 'consolidated' window, which let's you dock multiple editors into the same space, complete with side panels for other functions (audio monitor, audio bin, CPU usage, etc). Unfortunately, they restrict you to just one such window; once that's full, you're stuck managing floating windows that need resizing. I hate resizing - it's a waste of time. For that purpose, anyone who's interested in getting rid of this problem should check out "Moom" for Mac. Quite useful.

Finally, I haven't been able to make music using a DAW on a single screen for, uhm, ever. One screen with regions, the other score or mixer at all times.

--------------------
Just a piano and some sketch paper please...

Richie Royale

Loc: Bristol, England.
      #1018677 - 15/11/12 09:37 AM
Quote Matt Houghton:

Maybe I should do a tutorial on that in the mag!

Yes please.

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale
http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

Matt Houghton
SOS Reviews Editor

#1018680 - 15/11/12 09:54 AM
Quote desmond:

Quote Matt Houghton:

What I meant was that I hate being forced to work in a certain way, and the Logic/Ableton style arrangement, that has made its way into PT etc makes me feel constricted.

Unfortunately, from LP8 onwards, people seem to start bundling Logic into the "single-window" app category, and it is not.

Just because there is an option to work in one consolidated window, which does make sense for a lot of people, doesn't mean it forces you to. You can use Logic in that same way you always could, with multiple windows, screensets, content-linked windows and so on. In many cases, Logic's window management has always been pretty good, even if not that many people seemed to understand how powerful/useful and time saving it was/is.

I also hate window juggling and find it one of the most workflow-destructive things, to have to keep moving windows around, juggling which ones are on top, resizing to see other windows etc. When I watch some people work, I shudder at how slow and inefficient some people operate in their environment...

Sorry... I was being rather general. What I meant is that since they made that the default view in LP8 it has annoyed me. Both Logic and Cubase are pretty flexible in this regard. PT too.

Using windows doesn't mean you need to juggle them around and keep resizing, though. Far from it. You can just have screen sets organised how you want, and at what level of zoom, and use a single key to reach each one. That way, IMO, you get to make the most of your screen real estate whatever it is you're doing. The inefficiency in its use is down to the user. C7 *promises* (hope it delivers too) to make this much more efficient. Personally, I don't see the point in having loads of stuff on screen that's not relevant to the task in hand. But like I said, what people want varies according to individual needs/preferences. I just prefer that things are introduced as options, rather than a default choice.

--------------------
SOS Reviews Editor

Matt Houghton
SOS Reviews Editor

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: Richie Royale]
      #1018682 - 15/11/12 09:56 AM
Quote Richie Royale:

Quote Matt Houghton:

Maybe I should do a tutorial on that in the mag!

Yes please.

OK. Coming soon to an SOS near you... and if you want to suggest more topics, there's a sticky in the Production forum here:

Cubase Techniques: Reader Topic Suggestions

--------------------
SOS Reviews Editor

Strangy

#1018684 - 15/11/12 10:08 AM
Quote Matt Houghton:

Quote STRANGY:

I was just about to update from 6 to 6.5 and now apparently can't! The only way to get the new features introduced in 6.5 is to wait for 7

Yes, odd that that's not available in the Steinberg shop. If you don't want to wait, or upgrade to C7, I suppose you could buy Cubase 5 > 6.5 upgrade (as C6 will act as a license for C5 and previous), but that's 166 Euros.

From the videos I've seen of C7, though, you can show/hide the built in channel strip stuff, so you could always hide what you don't want. Not quite the 49 Euro update though...

that's the annoying thing unfortunately, users of Cubase Studio 4 / 5, Essential 4/5, Elements 6, Sequel 2/3, Cubase SX 1/2/3, Cubase SL 1/2/3, Cubase SE 3, Cubase LE 4/5/6, Cubase AI 4/5/6, CAN all still upgrade to Cubase 6.5. Yet those on 6.0.7 can't! It's annoying and makes no sense at all to me, other than of course trying to force users to 7 (££). says a lot about the company I'd say.

I have emailed the support guys but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they'll correct this frustrating situation.

Strangy

#1018721 - 15/11/12 03:34 PM
So I'm yet to hear back from Steinberg but a fellow customer who has responded to my query over on the Steinberg forum claims he has received a response from Steinb HQ to the effect of:

The upgrade path (Cubase 6.0 to 6.5) is deleted from the online shop and it will not come back…. to get 6.5 I have to wait until 5th December when Cubase 7 is available and purchase that to get a license which includes the license for 6.5!

Neat solution eh Steinberg? nah, it's a joke... I like many others may not want the new look of 7, or simply want 6.5 right now for the £40 it is worth over 6.0. To add insult, all other Cubase version users can still upgrade to 6.5 now… just not us on 6.0.

This is shocking and rubbish customer relations from Steinberg if it proves to be confirmed…

Andi

Loc: Berkshire, UK
      #1018729 - 15/11/12 04:11 PM
Re the windows arrangement, I use a single monitor and workspaces - no prob at all.

Re 6.5 - Steinberg is doing a no-fee upgrade to C7 for anyone registered with 6.5 since mid Oct. As the 6.5 upgrade from 6.0 was about £40 and the upgrade to C7 from 6.5 is £120 I was thinking about re-buy / re-registering 6.5 (after checking if this is possible; can any-one confirm either way if I can add a second reg for a product to my key?). Still, anyone who resisted 6.5 when it came out will only have 3 weeks to wait for C7 (oh - and a £160 upgrade fee). Or see if you can find a dealer with it in-stock.

Meanwhile, stuff COD Black Ops, I want C7 to play with now.

--------------------
Andi, www.thedustbowlaudio.com Mixing, Mastering, Audio Editing (and articles) at The Dustbowl Audio

clisma

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: Andi]
      #1018734 - 15/11/12 04:48 PM
Quote Andi:

Meanwhile, stuff COD Black Ops, I want C7 to play with now.

Sacrilege!

--------------------
Just a piano and some sketch paper please...

tex

#1018783 - 15/11/12 10:57 PM
Quote STRANGY:

So I'm yet to hear back from Steinberg but a fellow customer who has responded to my query over on the Steinberg forum claims he has received a response from Steinb HQ to the effect of:

The upgrade path (Cubase 6.0 to 6.5) is deleted from the online shop and it will not come back…. to get 6.5 I have to wait until 5th December when Cubase 7 is available and purchase that to get a license which includes the license for 6.5!

Neat solution eh Steinberg? nah, it's a joke... I like many others may not want the new look of 7, or simply want 6.5 right now for the £40 it is worth over 6.0. To add insult, all other Cubase version users can still upgrade to 6.5 now… just not us on 6.0.

This is shocking and rubbish customer relations from Steinberg if it proves to be confirmed…

Surely as you are also licensed for any lesser versions you could do the upgrade from your C5 license instead of C6.

--------------------
Success is round the corner. It's also round the bend.

Strangy

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: tex]
      #1018836 - 16/11/12 10:10 AM
Quote tex:

Surely as you are also licensed for any lesser versions you could do the upgrade from your C5 license instead of C6.

I may be able to upgrade from 6 to 6.5 by purchasing a license upgrade from 5 to 6.5, but this costs £162! In comparison to £42 that the upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 should cost i.e. before they pulled it earlier this week after announcing 7!

Right now I could really make use of the comping features in 6.5, and the fact is that all other Cubase version users can still upgrade to 6.5 in the meantime (before 7 is out)…

A simple exemption rule/clause in the grace period policy could have prevented anyone from purchasing a £42 upgrade from 6-6.5 with the intention/hope of bagging a free upgrade to 7 (which isn’t what I want!)

So it seems that I’m stuck on 6.0.x indefinitely… But hey, what does anyone care!?

desmond

#1018850 - 16/11/12 11:28 AM
The thing is, if you want the upgrade, why wait a long time after it's released, and then, on the day the next upgrade is released, decide you actually wanted the previous upgrade after all?

It would make more sense surely to get the new upgrade shortly after it's released, rather than waiting until the next one is released...

Exalted Wombat

#1018854 - 16/11/12 11:53 AM
Quote STRANGY:

6.5 has been available for some time. Why have you only now decided you want it?

You've missed a bus. It happens.

Strangy

#1018859 - 16/11/12 12:38 PM
Quote desmond:

The thing is, if you want the upgrade, why wait a long time after it's released, and then, on the day the next upgrade is released, decide you actually wanted the previous upgrade after all?

ah no, that’s your assumption Desmond… I’ve recently started mixing some traditional ‘band’ projects, live drums, multi-mic’d guitar etc and I will be doing lots more in this area over the coming weeks… The comping tools would be useful. I would describe it as unfortunate timing on my side! Yes 7 has just been announced and yes Steinberg have pulled the upgrade path I was about to purchase! That is all there is to it! oh and yes other users of previous versions can still upgrade to 6.5… which pi$ses me off!

Quote desmond:

It would make more sense surely to get the new upgrade shortly after it's released, rather than waiting until the next one is released...

Really? Surely NOT more like! I always buy stuff on a need basis. Surely you don't pay for an upgrade merely because one is made available, unless of course you need the new features on offer? Cubase 6.5 introduced some small, at the time not very meaningful extra features for my uses, which would now be useful tools. 6 months ago I could live without them, now my latest projects could make use of them! that's it...

On that note, I don’t see that 7 adds a whole lot I couldn’t live without in 6.5! so I won’t be upgrading to that… I can find my extra 6dB of channel fader movement elsewhere!

Strangy

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: Exalted Wombat]
      #1018861 - 16/11/12 12:40 PM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

You've missed a bus. It happens.

thanks! see my reply above for answer. to use your analogy, the same bus is still serving other Cubase users who can happily upgrade to 6.5 right now! sh1t happens more like

desmond

#1018877 - 16/11/12 01:27 PM
Quote STRANGY:

I always buy stuff on a need basis. Surely you don't pay for an upgrade merely because one is made available, unless of course you need the new features on offer?

There are reasons for upgrading other than whether or not you'd like the new big feaures, including smaller, less-documented improvements, bug fixes, upgrade path and compatibility (forward and sideward) reasons, and more...

So yes, for my tools of choice, I generally do keep moving forward with new versions, because the tools get better, more useful and more refined. And often you feel you have no use for a big feature, and then find out it's just the thing you need when you need it...

Strangy

#1018882 - 16/11/12 02:16 PM
Quote desmond:

There are reasons for upgrading other than whether or not you'd like the new big feaures, including smaller, less-documented improvements, bug fixes, upgrade path and compatibility (forward and sideward) reasons, and more...

So yes, for my tools of choice, I generally do keep moving forward with new versions, because the tools get better, more useful and more refined. And often you feel you have no use for a big feature, and then find out it's just the thing you need when you need it...

ah, sounds like you're tied to Cubase's upgrade path, thankfully I am not:) different needs I guess!

£162 for a speculative upgrade that I might make use of one day could be spent better elsewhere, for me. And if a product compromises the stability of an otherwise rock solid system I question how much I need it in the first place. Given the purpose of a DAW, I would not expect my DAW to be the weak link in that chain that breaks things down! esp every 6-12 months. Buying new technology/pc/hardware or whatever yes, fair enough.

Let's face it 7 isn't going to be a full rewrite of code is it?! I would imagine it's backwards compatible with 5/6 and that the architecture is largely identical (albeit there’s large cosmetic/aesthetic differences)... Whether the existing tools are better in v7 is pretty subjective I think ? Much of the marketing headline I've seen looks like marketing blurb: 6dB of extra fader travel, more pristine headroom (sic), the producer’s choice etc… c’mon!

Known bugs should be fixed as maintenance releases actually before a version gets shelved or made obsolete (did they ever fix the external fx latency issues for instance!?) In this case Steinberg will leave known bugs and move on.

Regardless of our different attitudes to upgrades, I maintain that it would’ve been courteous to give customers on 6.0.x a chance to upgrade to the latest version of that generation (i.e. 6.5.x) before the rug was pulled. This confirms what I've read about customer relations with the Steinberg folks.

desmond

#1018903 - 16/11/12 03:18 PM
Quote STRANGY:

ah, sounds like you're tied to Cubase's upgrade path, thankfully I am not:) different needs I guess!

No, actually I really don't like Cubase at all - just illustrating my point. As a Logic user, there are people who want to "upgrade" to long old versions and complain they can't get them anymore, whereas if they'd stayed on the upgrade path, they wouldn't be having those issues. But yes, I'm of course not saying that everyone should always blindly upgrade, or anything like that...

Strangy

#1018916 - 16/11/12 03:55 PM
Quote desmond:

No, actually I really don't like Cubase at all - just illustrating my point. As a Logic user, there are people who want to "upgrade" to long old versions and complain they can't get them anymore, whereas if they'd stayed on the upgrade path, they wouldn't be having those issues. But yes, I'm of course not saying that everyone should always blindly upgrade, or anything like that...

Trouble is in this case, and which forms the root of my complaint is that 6.5 is still available! It is the current version of Cubase (until 7 drops on the 5th December). Basically, today and for the next 3 weeks any user of Cubase, apart from us on 6.0.7 (which is only half of a version old) can upgrade to 6.5, and then decide whether 7 is for them or not. I will never be able to get 6.5 at this rate. That in my books is not right. Treat all users the same surely!?
Cubase’s unfair upgradde policy: perhaps a topic for the new review

I still haven’t had any answer from Cubase on whether this is intentional (support website, forum, facebook page)…

blue manga

#1018939 - 16/11/12 06:50 PM
Quote STRANGY:

I still haven’t had any answer from Cubase on whether this is intentional (support website, forum, facebook page)…

Don't they have a telephone number ?

Reiknir

#1018948 - 16/11/12 08:42 PM
Quote STRANGY:

Quote desmond:

Trouble is in this case, and which forms the root of my complaint is that 6.5 is still available! It is the current version of Cubase (until 7 drops on the 5th December). Basically, today and for the next 3 weeks any user of Cubase, apart from us on 6.0.7 (which is only half of a version old) can upgrade to 6.5, and then decide whether 7 is for them or not. I will never be able to get 6.5 at this rate. That in my books is not right. Treat all users the same surely!?

The reason for this is really simple, everyone that buys or upgrades to Cubase 6.5 after October 25 gets a free upgrade to v7, if they sold you an upgrade from 6 to 6.5 for 49 Euros you would be able to claim a free upgrade to 7, which is supposed to be 199 Euros so Steiny would be out of 150 euros.

They deleted the 6>6.5 upgrade on Oct 25th, which was the reason we knew that 7 was on the way a couple of weeks before the announcement.

Anyone with a 3,4 or 5 license that wants to be on the bandwagon should get hold of a 6.5 upgrade now, the price will go up on the 5th of Dec considerably since they no longer allow a 2 version jump for free, too many people complained that this was unfair to those that upgraded every version.

Strangy

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: Reiknir]
      #1018972 - 17/11/12 12:20 AM
Quote Reiknir:

Quote STRANGY:

Quote desmond:

The reason for this is really simple, everyone that buys or upgrades to Cubase 6.5 after October 25 gets a free upgrade to v7, if they sold you an upgrade from 6 to 6.5 for 49 Euros you would be able to claim a free upgrade to 7, which is supposed to be 199 Euros so Steiny would be out of 150 euros.

They deleted the 6>6.5 upgrade on Oct 25th, which was the reason we knew that 7 was on the way a couple of weeks before the announcement.

Anyone with a 3,4 or 5 license that wants to be on the bandwagon should get hold of a 6.5 upgrade now, the price will go up on the 5th of Dec considerably since they no longer allow a 2 version jump for free, too many people complained that this was unfair to those that upgraded every version.

Re read the thread and note my post earlier about an exemption/clause in the grace policy. Not exactly hard to implement. Thanks for your concern though. Nice to see how many people are willing to back up what seems to be an unfair decision. Hey, one day, who knows it could be you!

Strangy

#1018975 - 17/11/12 12:54 AM
Quote Reiknir:

Yep so those on 4 and 5 can effectively upgrade to 7 during the grace period for £136.64 (online retailers in uk)? That's great! And wholly unfair!

My solutions are I either try do as suggested by Matt (use a cubase 5 license to upgrade to 6.5) which I might I don't think im entitled too since i purchased 6 as a retail box or wait and pay 199 euros to go from 6 to 7 on 5th dec. so effectively cubase 4 users can get 7 for the same price as 6 users! Nice for some to jump 3.5 generations over my 1!

Again I'll reiterate that I want 6.5 not 7 on the cheap.

Edited by STRANGY (17/11/12 01:00 AM)

tex

#1018982 - 17/11/12 05:36 AM
Quote:

Not what it says in your thread title.
Wait until closer to release as they usually cobble something together for users that might lose out.

--------------------
Success is round the corner. It's also round the bend.

C.LYDE

Loc: South Africa
      #1018986 - 17/11/12 07:40 AM
Quote The Elf:

Quote Pink Fluid:

Why? What needs fixing?

I posed this issue to the Cubase users; judge the responses for yourself.

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23075

--------------------
C.LYDE
http://soundcloud.com/c-lyde

Strangy

Re: Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6 new [Re: tex]
      #1018994 - 17/11/12 10:15 AM
Quote tex:

Quote:

Not what it says in your thread title.
Wait until closer to release as they usually cobble something together for users that might lose out.

I didn't actually start the thread but guess I'm guilty of hi jacking to an extent.. If there's any news on the matter I'll post it.

Bossman

Loc: UK
      #1019018 - 17/11/12 12:35 PM
As far as I know, I could be wrong, later version of Cubase allow you to run previous versions using the same licence.. so If you got cubase 7, then the license would allow you to run 6.5.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Then all you need to do is find someone that has a 6.5 installation disc that you could use to install it.

I know its not ideal, but it might be a workaround for you, and you would also have the v7 licence just incase the same thing happens to you when v8 comes out.

--------------------
www.Lozjackson.com

artzmusic

Loc: usa
      #1019021 - 17/11/12 12:39 PM
The VST Connect for collaborating over the internet is interesting but is this only wishful thinking? Will it really work as well as they say? Skype is even hard put up with for just conversation's sake!

Rick

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 18681

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media