Main Forums >> Mac Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Johnny Stecchino

Loc: Roma, Italy
Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing!
      #1030930 - 28/01/13 09:40 PM
Best advertising for Ipad :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJSyPW4BFgo

--------------------
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...
https://myspace.com/pagannini/music/song/pagan-nini

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
desmond

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: Johnny Stecchino]
      #1030940 - 28/01/13 10:36 PM
> look what this guy is doing!

Playing with the iPad iMS20 app.

Skerrick

Loc: Sydney NSW
      #1030963 - 29/01/13 03:18 AM
thats amazing! its like a cross between an mc-303 and a sequencer/looper. i want one! i recall trying to buy the app but its over $20AUD i think... i got FL Studio instead...
wow, buying this soon as i have the cash haha

heres the app im using atm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q-AoN2q9qE

--------------------
www.soundcloud.com/skerrick

Edited by Skerrick (29/01/13 03:19 AM)

Skerrick

#1030964 - 29/01/13 03:21 AM
oh my god check this out!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1WsoNhiIq8

--------------------

Tui

Loc: Chiang Mai, Thailand
      #1031087 - 29/01/13 08:42 PM
God help us, if this is the future of popular music.

ManFromGlass

Loc: In the woods in Canada
Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: Tui]
      #1031100 - 29/01/13 11:02 PM
a fun tool for the toybox. I was going to ask if you have to pay extra for each chord change . . . hohohohahohoho!

Richard Graham

Loc: Gateshead, UK
Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: Tui]
      #1031132 - 30/01/13 08:55 AM
Quote Tui:

God help us, if this is the future of popular music.

Don't worry, it isn't. It might have passed muster 15 years ago.

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

geefunk

Loc: Bristol, UK
      #1031313 - 31/01/13 09:25 AM
why so excited? A soft synth and sub standard dance music....have we just gone back in time?

--------------------
I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over
Twitter

Johnny Stecchino

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: geefunk]
      #1031505 - 01/02/13 01:40 AM
Quote geefunk:

why so excited? A soft synth and sub standard dance music....have we just gone back in time?

Well, I think this guy is talented that's all (the link I brought), and you don't see much of this around with an IPad. THIS is the point (many links around but this guy is musical).
I just was amused we really don't need anymore other machinery for making an act,
or maybe I just like the application or simply had some nostalgia the moment I posted this link...

When I think about it: As far as I remember the Korg Legacy software didn't have all these options (or am I wrong?).

--------------------

Skerrick

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: geefunk]
      #1031507 - 01/02/13 02:24 AM
Quote geefunk:

whats not to be excited about? ever been sitting in a park or a cafe and been hit by a sudden stroke of inspiration? these are amazing.
i posted this somewhere else on this site, but i made this on my ipad in the car with my housemate while driving to mc donalds at like 2am with one headphone in, took it home, exported it to mp3 and presto. 50 minutes total work.
http://soundcloud.com/skerrick/floatation-device

honestly man, if you had an ipad (i suspect your reluctance to accept this as a good device stems from this possible fact) then you most definitely wouldnt be making statements about going back in time. i dont even know how you can even say that when youre watching someone play a replica of an analogue synth on a panel of glass thats less than 1cm thick..

im pretty sure the most recent (or ONE of the most recent) gorillaz albums was produced entirely on an ipad while old mate was on tour.. and although its a bit of as joke that we can now do this, do you not think its amazing that you can create quality music on a touch panel screen on the fly wherever you are without having to carry around interfaces, computers, monitors etc...?

its still early days, i can see all kinds of mastering software and rewiring and synthetic capabilities being availabel in the future just based on what ive seen so far and how amazed ive been by it..

trust me, along with the iconnect MIDI ( http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI )
which enables you to stream audio from your ipad software(s) directly into your DAW, id say the excat opposite of you and mention that i personally feel like theres an exciting future for this device across all platforms. give it even 2 years tops, i reckon theres gonna be a HUGE boom in the music app market.
i have iMaschine, FL Studio, Circuli, Otomata and a few other great music making apps, cant wait to see more tbh.. and this korg app is about $20.00 but seemingly well worth it.
im investing soon as im paid hah!

--------------------

Edited by Skerrick (01/02/13 02:34 AM)

Skerrick

#1031516 - 01/02/13 04:34 AM
i have this app as well. watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSNwChdaWM

--------------------

hollowsun

Loc: Cowbridge, South Wales
Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: Skerrick]
      #1031518 - 01/02/13 05:55 AM
Quote Skerrick:

do you not think its amazing that you can create quality music

It's technically quite impressive I suppose but 'quality music'? In the ear of the beholder. I happen to find it a bit depressing that 'music' has descended into four-bar loops over which people witter.

However, I'm not a 16-year-old looking for a banging night out off my head on cheap, pissy lager and then trying to reproduce those 'beatz' on my mobile phone! My aspirations for musical satisfaction are perhaps somewhat different.

But if simple two chord loops float your boat and you think it's 'genius' or 'amazing' or 'wicked', who am I to argue?

That said, we do live in a world of 'X-Factor' and other lowest common denominator bilge!

--------------------
Website / Music Lab Machines / Blog

Skerrick

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: hollowsun]
      #1031525 - 01/02/13 06:59 AM
Quote hollowsun:

Quote Skerrick:

do you not think its amazing that you can create quality music

It's technically quite impressive I suppose but 'quality music'? In the ear of the beholder. I happen to find it a bit depressing that 'music' has descended into four-bar loops over which people witter.

However, I'm not a 16-year-old looking for a banging night out off my head on cheap, pissy lager and then trying to reproduce those 'beatz' on my mobile phone! My aspirations for musical satisfaction are perhaps somewhat different.

But if simple two chord loops float your boat and you think it's 'genius' or 'amazing' or 'wicked', who am I to argue?

That said, we do live in a world of 'X-Factor' and other lowest common denominator bilge!

WHAT are you talking about hollowsun? thats absolute garbage. youre so negative!
if you wanna be an old fashioned elitist and complain that nothing can sound good unless it comes wired through a heavy steel box the size of an encyclopaedia then go ahead, but being old fashioned is going to ultimately drag you down.
dont get me wrong, analogue gear is great, but who the hell can afford all of it? and who has the space?
realistically a digital DAW is a thing of beauty and innovation, and like it or not, theyre incredible pieces of software that WILL eventually replace a lot of gear and theyre clearly here to stay. simply because you can virtually fit a whole studio into your computer, with a few essential external items. its brilliant!

youre refusing to see the positives and focusing on the negatives.
PLUS (if you were referring to the song i posted, which i believe you didnt even listen to..)
im not making 4 bar loops, if youd actually listened to the song i posted, youd hear its a live recorded piano tune made of three layers of piano, which i recorded individually first, THEN went through and played drums over the tune within the app using the drum pads and kits provided, given the drums are a little soft (which i believe compliments the melody) i did the whole thing from start to finish - including exporting it straight to soundcloud - from my ipad.
if youd actually listened to the tune, youd hear that theres actually no loops in there.
its not made of loops, none of my tunes are tbh. although looping is necessary and saves from repeating chords and melodies on a larger scale production level, the only things i religiously loop are my beats, and i construct them in 16 bar sections, using between 12 and 16 of these 16 bar patterns to complete the beat for a song from start to finish. so even though theyre looped beats, theyre as diverse and interesting as i can possibly make them.
eg; http://soundcloud.com/skerrick/cyclical

im not a 16 year old either, how condescending of you. im 23 years old, working full time with sound engineering and music production as a growing passion on the side.
ive had no parental/financial support, i pay all my own bills, buy all my own gear, live on my own and have taught myself through the likes of forums such as this.
the venom in the post im replying to right now is semi sickening.
im not sure if youre calling me a piece of "lowest common denominator bilge" whereas in your other posts about "mac vs pc" you also made a whole bunch of sly comments and criticisms..

i cant get over how rude youre coming off...

QUOTE: HOLLOWSUN -
"However, I'm not a 16-year-old looking for a banging night out off my head on cheap, pissy lager and then trying to reproduce those 'beatz' on my mobile phone! My aspirations for musical satisfaction are perhaps somewhat different."

what a nasty thing to say.

i actually work for a large english based international wine company and id like to inform you that im drinking appelation du controllee bordeaux, burgundy and rhone reds as well as some of australias greats from regions the likes of the barossa valley, mclaren vale, coonwarra, and margaret river to name a few.
i have currently 33 bottles of wine on the shelf in my apartment totalling about $690 between them. amongst them is a gran reserva 2004 from spain.
"cheap pissy lager" is most certianly not my thing - at all. maybe ill have a little creatures pale ale or a fat yak? even so, youre making rude assumptions based on nothing but a sore soul.

i charge you to maybe reconsider whipping out the sting next time you decide to write such a venomous post.

people are excited about new technology, i personally dont like logging in to check my favourite forum and reading nasty stuff that makes me feel ill.
i respect the users on this site, and dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with a healthy discussion.. but this is me calling you out on your attitude.

im not nasty to you by ANY means mate, so maybe you could not be so nasty to me or whoever that post was clearly directed at.

peace. x

--------------------

desmond

#1031534 - 01/02/13 08:30 AM
I think you've taken what HS said far too personally. Those things weren't directly at you personally, more a general take on some contemporary music as it is (which I happen to broadly agree with him on). There is no "venom" in his post at all, you've just chosen to interpret it that way.

It's not being "negative" either. Remember, people like HS and myself have been dealing with new technology tools for *decades* now. Of course we like tools - we also make many ourselves - and there is no doubt that this tech is fun and can be productive in the right hands, and of course, I would have loved to have been able to do some of these things when I was a kid when the technology was pretty basic.

It's good that you're excited about the possibilities and being creative, and it's gret that affordable tech makes things accessible that otherwise wouldn't be (I guess if I hadn't had a Casio VL-Tone at age ten I probably wouldn't have got into music at all either) but to agre with HS, it takes more than dicking around with a few loops on a computer or ipad or whatever to qualify as *good* music in my book, unless that person really is *phenominally* good. But we all have different tastes - although I'm guessing that after thirty years of making music, you'd broadly reach a similar place, if you are really striving to make good creative works.

And as for the ability to create music without computers, monitors, even electricity etc - some of us actually play *instruments* too...

geefunk

Loc: Bristol, UK
      #1031545 - 01/02/13 09:54 AM
Quote Skerrick:

Quote geefunk:

whats not to be excited about? ever been sitting in a park or a cafe and been hit by a sudden stroke of inspiration? these are amazing.
i posted this somewhere else on this site, but i made this on my ipad in the car with my housemate while driving to mc donalds at like 2am with one headphone in, took it home, exported it to mp3 and presto. 50 minutes total work.
http://soundcloud.com/skerrick/floatation-device

honestly man, if you had an ipad (i suspect your reluctance to accept this as a good device stems from this possible fact) then you most definitely wouldnt be making statements about going back in time. i dont even know how you can even say that when youre watching someone play a replica of an analogue synth on a panel of glass thats less than 1cm thick..

im pretty sure the most recent (or ONE of the most recent) gorillaz albums was produced entirely on an ipad while old mate was on tour.. and although its a bit of as joke that we can now do this, do you not think its amazing that you can create quality music on a touch panel screen on the fly wherever you are without having to carry around interfaces, computers, monitors etc...?

its still early days, i can see all kinds of mastering software and rewiring and synthetic capabilities being availabel in the future just based on what ive seen so far and how amazed ive been by it..

trust me, along with the iconnect MIDI ( http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI )
which enables you to stream audio from your ipad software(s) directly into your DAW, id say the excat opposite of you and mention that i personally feel like theres an exciting future for this device across all platforms. give it even 2 years tops, i reckon theres gonna be a HUGE boom in the music app market.
i have iMaschine, FL Studio, Circuli, Otomata and a few other great music making apps, cant wait to see more tbh.. and this korg app is about $20.00 but seemingly well worth it.
im investing soon as im paid hah!

Being a long time Mac/Logic user (and I'm going back to Logic Silver), the excitement of soft synths on a computer screen have long dissipated. Don't get me wrong, I love how technology shifts and am always excited by new things - but this isn't particularly new, or exciting.

It is great that you can sit in a car park and get things down, and I'm not trying to quell that creative impulse. But having used a lot of software for years, I have realised its limitations rather than its potential. Unfortunately it will only ever sound 'digital', however good a representation of an analog synth it may be....

these are my observations, but very happy to be proven wrong (in fact, look forward to it - I need some excitement in my (musical) life right now!)

--------------------
I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over
Twitter

The Elf

Loc: Sheffield, UK
      #1031554 - 01/02/13 10:34 AM
I'm afraid I'm also with the 'not so excited' crowd. We've been doing this kind of stuff for years - and if I want portable I have a laptop.

It may be a technical marvel to run this kind of thing on a pad device, but does it really give us anything genuinely new? I'd say not.

But it is an image of the future, IMO, like it or not.

--------------------
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

blue manga

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: desmond]
      #1031555 - 01/02/13 10:37 AM
Quote desmond:

> look what this guy is doing!

Playing with the iPad iMS20 app.

That's all that needed to be said.

hollowsun

#1031608 - 01/02/13 02:29 PM
Quote Skerrick:

WHAT are you talking about hollowsun?

I am (was) reflecting on the general state of technology based music, not having a pop at you and as Desmond says, you took it too personally - FAR too personally and I was NOT referring to your music (which I did listen to, incidentally) but that shown in the video(s).

As I said, the technology is impressive but the results not necessarily so and my (granted, somewhat acerbic but actually tongue in cheek) comments were aimed at the state of modern music in general which is (generally) loop based ... not 'songs' as such but 'constructions'.

So you're 23. I've been working in the business almost twice as long as you've been alive and have evolved with electronic music technology from its most primitive to where we are today and FWIW, I have actually been involved in the design of iOS apps and am planning my own iPad apps. And I have designed or contributed to more 'products for the masses' than you know. I feel I am qualified to comment.

Elitist? Maybe but I believe that being 'a musician' is something more than pressing a few buttons on a mobile phone and bangin' out some 'beatz'. If that makes me old-fashioned, so be it. And if I was 'elitist' as you claim, I would not be charging the prices I do for my software instruments because I want as many people as possible to be able to afford them and have access to them.

I could be really elitists on behalf of my daughter who spends many hours a day just practicing, practicing and practicing and then practicing some more on piano and violin. You've seen her play piano - that's her second instrument ... she's even better on the violin which is what enabled her to tour, aged 15, Wales and Italy and play at The Proms with various orchestras (including the BBC Welsh) last summer. With that in mind, I can't get too excited about someone poking a few buttons on an iDevice. But that's a very personal perspective.

My reference to 16 year olds and pissy lager was based purely on my observations of my old home city centre of a typical Friday and Saturday night where young people fall out of clubs vomiting, pissing in doorways and passing out after a night of banging' beatz and watered down lager. I am glad you appear not to be one of those and have more discerning taste in your drinking matter.

My reference to the X-Factor was also not aimed at you but at the growing number of people who think they deserve a career in the music business with the minimum of effort or commitment. It's an entertaining TV show but has little to do with actual 'music' ... much like many of these iOS apps.

Look, you're young and obviously excited by all this but for some of us veterans, we've seen it all before one way or another so you'll have to excuse our cynicism - any comments I/we might make are not a personal slight. We've grown up with 8-step sequencers (the original 'looper'), synths with no memories (so you HAD to make your own sounds up and not rely on presets), hardware samplers for which a 4Mb memory expansion cost more than a Mac today, computers with 250kb of RAM, primitive MIDI sequencers (hard and soft), a time when a primitive 4-track tape recorder cost as much as a car and so on. If you had a compressor in your studio, you were cutting edge. Digital reverb? Ha! - the most we could manage was a Great British Spring. And this was expensive gear, very expensive gear, and you had to be VERY committed to engage in a career/hobby in music. Not just that but limitations of the technology meant lots of workarounds AND you had to be able to actually play. And some bloody great music was made.

Recent advances in technology are amazing and I (and other old farts here) embrace it where appropriate but sorry, someone arsing around with a four bar loop and waggling a filter cutoff is hardly 'music', just someone messing around and it's not 'amazing', in fact it's a bit dull and Tangerine Dream and others were doing it 40 years ago - yes... 40 years ago! I/we tire of the loop/riff based 'music' - where are the actual 'songs', the actual pieces of well constructed music? Apologies again but as much fun as it may be, banging out some quantised beatz and adding a few riffs with some button presses on an iPhone is not exactly THAT creative, truth be told (and IMO). I am fairly confident others here will agree with me on all of this. But that doesn't make anyone right or wrong.

But you did take my post somewhat too seriously, it has to be said. No offence was meant and I am sorry you interpreted it the way you did.

--------------------

MonkeySpank

Loc: Belfast, Northern Ireland
      #1031652 - 01/02/13 08:23 PM
Here is how we used to do things.

Kebu Live…yes, he chooses to look like that.

BTW, I have an iPad and every damn music app on it. The iMS20, iPolySix and Animoog are frankly state-of-the art as far as iPad instruments go whether or not you like the constant, heard-it-all-before music that is made with them. It's always new to someone and so it lights their fire - good on 'em, I say. Anything that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up is good.

I still reckon ReBirth on the iPad is a killer. Two people can even play it simultaneously.

Check out the Sonic Touch weekly video reviews for the latest iPad wizardy, even if you're not a fan of the iPad. There are apps coming out now for tablets that simply have no peers - they really look to be the start of new music making paradigms.

FYI, I make electronic music like Kebu in the video clip above using analogue synths, soft synths and a modular. I use Logic Pro to record/mix. I tried using the iPad to sequence with (in an Alesis iDock) but for some reason I just didn't like it. Ditto for those apps that Johnny and Skerrick got all excited about.

--------------------
Spanky

DGL.

Loc: Portland, Dorset
Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: MonkeySpank]
      #1031653 - 01/02/13 08:28 PM
Quote MonkeySpank:

Here is how we used to do things.

Kebu Live…yes, he chooses to look like that.

And how Jarre has gone back to doing things. and of course people like Wakeman who (albeit using mainly modern instruments) still does.

Skerrick

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: hollowsun]
      #1031669 - 01/02/13 11:07 PM
maybe next time youre replying to a post using quotes, youll make it clear that the detrimental things you are saying arent directed at the person youre addressing/quoting. i apologise if i over reacted, yesterday was not a good day for me.
you should be aware that if youre angling for a specific tone in what youre saying that it can very easily be misconstrued through text unless you make it clear what it is that youre saying.

take a look at what you wrote in regards to the way i reacted. im sure you would have been feeling similar..

and man, props to your daughter, i play my keys for anywhere between 1 and 8 hours a day and im learning basically to play 'piano solos' by picking a scale and just playing it up and down the octaves in as many different patterns as possible, seemingly after a while you almost feel like you know what sound is coming before youve pressed the key.. i know how much she must be enjoying it/how hard shes working. believe me, if i could afford piano lessons id be all over that sh!t in a heartbeat. but i cant so its forums and youtube tutorials for me, needless to say man im thankful for internet.

however, i have nothing more to say to you in regards to the matter at hand, i honestly have better things to do with my time than argue with a man over the internet about nothing, i apologise for any upset i have caused you and next time we speak itll be nice and peaceful..

im interested to hear about this app youre developing..

--------------------

Skerrick

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: desmond]
      #1031674 - 01/02/13 11:14 PM
Quote desmond:

And as for the ability to create music without computers, monitors, even electricity etc - some of us actually play *instruments* too...

just fyi, i had guitar lessons from age 12 to age 16. then i thought id gotten good enough to stop having lessons, started reading tablature and have recently taken what ive learned and been applying it to piano/keyboard.

--------------------

hollowsun

#1031701 - 02/02/13 04:51 AM
Quote Skerrick:

i apologise for any upset i have caused you

No upset caused here at all, Skerrick, not in the slightest - it just a f'k'n forum FFS!!

Quote Skerrick:

and next time we speak itll be nice and peaceful.

No reason why it shouldn't be. But if you're going to say contentious things (like, for example, "For God's sake, don't get a Mac" ... or whatever it was), expect a reaction. Similarly, an "OMG, listen to this amazing thing" link only to find it's just dull, repetitive 'loop music', expect a reaction from us old farts who've been there, done that, got the t-shirt ... 30 or more years ago!!

I am currently watching a programme on the BBC's iPlayer about Delius. Apart from composing some of the most sublime music ever (the man could describe a butterfly dancing on a flower with a simple but beautiful flute motif or light reflecting off a lake and with string arrangements so lush, they could put most if not all orchestral sample libraries to shame). I'm sorry but I can't get too excited by some knob laying down some 'beatz' on a mobile phone.

And the man was more 'rock n roll' than most of today's rock n rollers and clubbing types. The man knew how to party and party hard!! Such that it killed him in the end!

Quote Skerrick:

im interested to hear about this app youre developing..

Work in progress!

My bestest friend is a top programmer who coded many of Akai's triumphs. As a result, he is constantly in demand by major manufacturers. He's the only person I trust to do this right but he is always so damned busy with paying work. We met this evening, had a nice meal across the road and had a most enjoyable time. But he's made some in-roads into iOS dev in his spare time. Work in progress.

It won't be a looping recorder though!

More like some queer and quirky thing from my Music Lab Machines range but for iPad.

--------------------

Richard Graham

#1031870 - 03/02/13 01:00 PM
The iMS 20 is a fabulous piece of emulation software and I'd be happy to use it to make Dr Who style sound effects, "On the Run" style sequencer loops, or analog drum machine style beats. I wouldn't try to do a whole track with it, because I can't get on with step-sequencing as a compositional method. It's just too disconnected from the instrument... Maybe because I am firstly a player of musical instruments, not a writer down of music. Plus the tonal range is too limited.

The video basically shows someone wibbling with the filter over one of the preset loops. As a demo of the iMS20 I suppose it hints at what you might be able to do with it, but if you've already heard the iMS20 or any kind of recent "analogue" soft-synth, it's unlikely to impress because the preset loop is so dated. I'd be interested to hear what someone talented can do with the iMS20 without relying on the presets.

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

Johnny Stecchino

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: Richard Graham]
      #1031920 - 03/02/13 07:55 PM
Quote Richard Graham:

The iMS 20 is a fabulous piece of emulation software and I'd be happy to use it to make Dr Who style sound effects, "On the Run" style sequencer loops, or analog drum machine style beats....

This thread went much far from what was my intention but threads are like children and have their own life after they grow up...

I was impressed probably from the application and the option to, as I wrote, "make an act" nowadays, only with a tablet device and since they have touch screen it's great and easier than a laptop (ok, less power but no need for some hardware).
In live act you don't need very high resolution sound so this device is NOT for making cds but for live use, or for some inspiration when travel on train (for ex.).

Quote Richard Graham:

As a demo of the iMS20 I suppose it hints at what you might be able to do with it, but if you've already heard the iMS20 or any kind of recent "analogue" soft-synth, it's unlikely to impress because the preset loop is so dated. I'd be interested to hear what someone talented can do with the iMS20 without relying on the presets.

As I worte before here, as far as I remember the Korg Legacy software didn't have all these functions (like XY and drum loops) so I like it much.
You wrote that these are the presets loops, first time I saw the video thought that the guy use his presets so I agree with you. I like thought these dated presets, it reminds me other times when I use to party

Basically what I wanted to say in this thread is that I'm pretty sure now I'm gonna get the Ipad 2 soon for all these wonderful music applications, and will get it when the Ipad 5 will go out (next month from what I have understood).

--------------------

electrotimba

#1031931 - 03/02/13 09:10 PM
Quote Johnny Stecchino:

I'm gonna get the Ipad 2 soon for all these wonderful music applications, and will get it when the Ipad 5 will go out (next month from what I have understood).

Dont, unless you only want to use iPad only as a controller, for instruments you will regret not having the fastest CPU you could get. Remember that the future apps will be designed with up to date devices, so anything less than iPad 3 might be frustrating if not today, then in near future.

Richard Graham

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: electrotimba]
      #1031946 - 03/02/13 10:51 PM
Quote electrotimba:

Quote Johnny Stecchino:

I'm gonna get the Ipad 2 soon for all these wonderful music applications, and will get it when the Ipad 5 will go out (next month from what I have understood).

Dont, unless you only want to use iPad only as a controller, for instruments you will regret not having the fastest CPU you could get. Remember that the future apps will be designed with up to date devices, so anything less than iPad 3 might be frustrating if not today, then in near future.

The iPad 2 is on an exact par with the 3 for everything bar graphics and cameras. It is also lighter and charges quicker. If I was buying now, though, I would get the 4 or wait for the 5. The 2 is still very capable for music.

--------------------

Johnny Stecchino

Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! new [Re: Richard Graham]
      #1032862 - 09/02/13 09:57 PM
Thanks people,
lets wait for model 5 to appears and see what the prices are for the different models.
Best,
Jonathan

--------------------

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
1 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 7201

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media