Main Forums >> Mac Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Richard Graham

Loc: Gateshead, UK
MacBook Pro Retina (Mountain Lion) and Zoom R16 and Alesis iO26
      #1048499 - 16/05/13 12:32 PM
Does anyone have any experience of using the R16 as an audio interface via USB on the OSX Mountain Lion? Zoom don't seem to have drivers for it (yet)

Also, has anyone used the iO26 with ML? The iO26 is Firewire, so I would need the FireWire to Thunderbolt adaptor, and there are drivers on the Alesis website for the i026 on ML, I just don't want to spend £30 on the adaptor unless I can be pretty sure it will work.

If by some miracle both can be made to work with my MBP, will it then (in theory) be possible to use all 16 inputs simultaneously?

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
rACed2

Re: MacBook Pro Retina (Mountain Lion) and Zoom R16 and Alesis iO26 new [Re: Richard Graham]
      #1048586 - 16/05/13 09:46 PM
I can only answer the last one. you should be able to use all IO of both devices by making an 'aggregate deveice' for sound in the Mac.

On the FW/TBLT adapter question I don't know about the iO26 but can say that rme's FW devices all seem to work with the adapter.

Regarding a driver for the the R16 - have you tried just plugging it in and seeing if the Mac recognises it as a audio device?

Trumpetman1234

Re: MacBook Pro Retina (Mountain Lion) and Zoom R16 and Alesis iO26 new [Re: Richard Graham]
      #1048643 - 17/05/13 08:47 AM
I've been using the iO|14 with Mountain Lion since release with no problems.

HTH

T-Man

Richard Graham

Loc: Gateshead, UK
Re: MacBook Pro Retina (Mountain Lion) and Zoom R16 and Alesis iO26 new [Re: Trumpetman1234]
      #1048878 - 18/05/13 04:35 PM
Cool, thanks, is that with FireWire via Thunderbolt too?

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

Trumpetman1234

#1048929 - 19/05/13 06:29 AM
No. It's just FireWire - daisy chained with a G-Drive and bus powered.

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 1950

December 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for December 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Blog | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media