Main Forums >> Mac Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Bazza

Loc: County Durham
32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution
      #1059552 - 28/07/13 08:00 AM
A few of the guys at tthe Gearslutz forums seem excited about this. Check it out if it's relevant to you.

Lennardigital could heal a lot of pain if they'd get their arses into gear!

Hope it's useful.

Bazza

--------------------
This time next week, who'll give a sh*t
http://www.podcastrevision.co.uk

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Wimek

Loc: Holland
Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution new [Re: Bazza]
      #1059557 - 28/07/13 08:43 AM
Thanks Bazza.

However, I'll be using Logic 9 until GForce and Waldorf make their AU's 64 bit.

Huge Longjohns
long-serving member

Loc: Where the black rocks stand gu...
      #1059591 - 28/07/13 01:38 PM
I have M Tron Pro from G Force and it IS 64 bit already.

--------------------
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

Wimek

Loc: Holland
Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution new [Re: Huge Longjohns]
      #1059623 - 28/07/13 08:22 PM
yes, and I just saw ImpOSCar is also 64 bit now, thanks Huge

Bazza

#1059661 - 29/07/13 09:03 AM
Sylenth 64 bit for Mac, hopefully out by the end of the year according to Lennard's website.

--------------------

stratquebec

Loc: Quebec/Canada
      #1059677 - 29/07/13 10:55 AM
And there is this .

desmond

#1059679 - 29/07/13 11:11 AM
Quote Bazza:

Sylenth 64 bit for Mac, hopefully out by the end of the year according to Lennard's website.

I've never really understood the fuss about Sylenth - imo it's a rather ugly, fairly ordinary sounding me-too VA synth and for me at least I've found other instruments significantly more inspiring.

The main thing Sylenth seems to have going for it is that there are a million trance and electronic soundsets for it, so there are lots of patches available and it seems like it's the standard tool that the three big-name artists use, and so all the me-too electronic artists have to use the same thing otherwise their music won't be taken seriously.

Kevin Nolan

Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution new [Re: desmond]
      #1059715 - 29/07/13 02:58 PM
Quote desmond:

Quote Bazza:

I've never really understood the fuss about Sylenth - imo it's a rather ugly, fairly ordinary sounding me-too VA synth and for me at least I've found other instruments significantly more inspiring.

The main thing Sylenth seems to have going for it is that there are a million trance and electronic soundsets for it, so there are lots of patches available and it seems like it's the standard tool that the three big-name artists use, and so all the me-too electronic artists have to use the same thing otherwise their music won't be taken seriously.

genuine curiosity - who are the three big name artists you refer to? (I'm clueless with dance /trance music and am intrigued by whom you refer to?)

Richie Royale

Loc: Bristol, England.
      #1059716 - 29/07/13 03:06 PM
A quick google suggests these people

Quote:

AVICII, TIESTO, ZEDD, VITEZ, NICKY ROMERO, KISO

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale
http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

desmond

Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution new [Re: Kevin Nolan]
      #1059720 - 29/07/13 03:13 PM
Quote Kevin Nolan:

genuine curiosity - who are the three big name artists you refer to? (I'm clueless with dance /trance music and am intrigued by whom you refer to?)

Well, I was being facetious - but in the electronic dance community (as least the ones I see online in forums such as the Ableton forum, KVR, and many others) if BIGNAME_PRODUCA_X uses Massive and Sylenth, then those are what you have to use too because you need to exact same sounds, same sonic signature and same presets if possible - and this is why some of those plugins have some traction - it's less down to what they can do and how good other stuff can be, it's more about quick fix shortcuts.

Seriously, as an example, very few people were really using FM8 for electronic dance genres until they found out Skrillex uses it for most of his synth lines - and as he was trendy, so did using that plugin become for the same things.

It's just fashion I guess, nothing new as such, but for me it particularly applies to Sylenth, where I found it rather bland and average sounding compared to some other instruments out there, but it seems it's "the" trance synth (with the ES2 in Logic being used a lot as well) and there are a million patch banks out there for it, probably more than any other third-party synth...

Bazza

#1059777 - 29/07/13 08:04 PM
I can't tell you any big name trance producers, I don't like Lennardigital's general lack of communication with his customers and I sincerely doubt the upgrade will be free, but this is a superb and incredibly popular synth.

I'll probably jump to Logic Pro X shortly.

Bazza

--------------------

Kevin Nolan

#1059792 - 29/07/13 09:16 PM
Thanks Desmond - get your point.

And thanks Richie - will check them up. I know I'm off topic, but I'm always curious to listen to emerging and cutting edge tracks in electronica /dance (even though I'm old school electronic). I'm forever Shazam'ing and buying tracks on my iPhone - but at this stage there's about a hundred tracks virtually all of which I never listened to as intended (to analyze) and it feels like I've filled my phone and iPod up with unknown crap. Damn Football Focus (and the many seemingly well produced popular tracks they use as background music - they're costing me a small fortune :-) ).

Despite all the purchases, its hard to keep up and hard to differentiate the good from the bad when its not your own genre (but there is a lot of innovative music being created, even if there is more bland 'noise' too).

Blott

Loc: Nottingham UK
Re: 32 bit plugs in Logic Pro X solution new [Re: desmond]
      #1059803 - 29/07/13 10:42 PM
Quote desmond:

I don't write trance, dance, hip hop or dub step and I love the Sylenth - think it sounds great!
There is a plethora of sound sets out for it too, but that's hardly a weakness is it?
I never liked the DX7 or the M1 back in the day, but they sold by the bucket load too.
It's just horses for courses I suppose. Some synths just have a character of sound that I like and some don't.
I'm sure the same applies to you with the Sylenth.

--------------------
https://soundcloud.com/blottuk
https://https://blottuk.bandcamp.com

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
3 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 2296

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media