Main Forums >> Mac Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'd Rather Play

UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology?
      #1068124 - 29/09/13 05:10 PM
Just saw the price of a UAD 2 satellite quad at 800 quid, which seems a great deal to me. I had always thought of them as being much more expensive than this.

As of now is this a good deal or would I be buying into a technology in its twilight days (SHARK processors vs 12 core Xeon, Firewire vs Thunderbolt 2 etc)?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Jack Ruston

Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: I'd Rather Play]
      #1068125 - 29/09/13 05:28 PM
Well here's the thing...Regardless of whether it's old technology or not (and yes the idea that instances are rationed seems slightly outdated now that you seem to be able run millions of plug ins) this is the only way to run their software. And that's unlikely to change. So it's just a question of whether you want access to that software, and are willing to pay a premium in the form of the DSP to enable that functionality. I bought an omni card because I felt quite strongly that it was worth it. And while on the one hand it does feel like a dated buy, I'm very pleased that I did.

J

--------------------
www.jackruston.com

Hugh RobjohnsAdministrator
SOS Technical Editor

Loc: Worcestershire
      #1068132 - 29/09/13 06:26 PM
If you want UAD plug-ins -- and they are extremely good -- then you need a card, satellite, or interface. There is no indication that UAD will move away from this hardware dongle concept in the foreseeable future. And that's the way to view the hardware -- the DSP technology is antiquated and under-powered -- but it's retained basically to guard against piracy. Sad but true.

As for the cost, bear in mind that while the hardware comes with a default set of plug-ins, anything additional costs extra, and while the company is always offering various discount deals, it remains an expensive platform.

Whether it is a cost-effective solution is a personal decision, but I think it is significant that the majority of pros use it and rate it highly... and I do myself.

H

--------------------
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

johnny h

#1068163 - 30/09/13 12:55 AM
Its a matter of opinion of course, but DSP technology is increasingly redundant with the advances in processor performance in recent years.

As for the plugin quality, UAD have a high standard, but its not night and day above any native plugins. The SPL plugins are available in native, the Lexicon plugins are native and the recently released U-he Satin tape emulation is way ahead of anything UAD can offer, and at a fraction of the price.

So, tread carefully.

Trebor Flow

#1068187 - 30/09/13 08:43 AM
If you want UAD plugins .... you have no choice .... and you're gonna want UAD plugins .... so you have no choice

Richie Royale

Loc: Bristol, England.
      #1068194 - 30/09/13 09:25 AM
They do have lots of offers too. I got a $50 voucher from them because I'd not bought anything from them in a couple of years, plus the $25 voucher for filling out their survey made my last purchase half the price it would have been normally.

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale
http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

ConcertinaChap

Loc: Bradford on Avon
      #1068206 - 30/09/13 10:10 AM
Whatever you decide, do not forget the lesson of the TC Powercore.

CC

--------------------
Remember: Tidy wires are happy wires!
Mr Punch's Studio

Bob Bickerton

Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: ConcertinaChap]
      #1068212 - 30/09/13 11:01 AM
Quote ConcertinaChap:

Whatever you decide, do not forget the lesson of the TC Powercore.

CC

Hmmm, the lesson being they had a poor business model compared to UAD?

It all been said (apart from the last post). UAD dsp is adequate, not impressive, but it's really a security dongle. If you want UAD plugs (and you you know you do), there is no other choice.

Couldn't work without mine.

Bob

--------------------
www.bickerton.co.nz

BJG145

Loc: Norwich UK
      #1068214 - 30/09/13 11:17 AM
If the hardware is basically copy protection, I reckon it's only a matter of time before they release a native version.

Bob Bickerton

Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: BJG145]
      #1068219 - 30/09/13 11:29 AM
Quote BJG145:

If the hardware is basically copy protection, I reckon it's only a matter of time before they release a native version.

There's been endless discussion about this for years, but I doubt it'll happen.

Bob

--------------------
www.bickerton.co.nz

ConcertinaChap

Loc: Bradford on Avon
      #1068223 - 30/09/13 11:57 AM
Quote BJG145:

You mean in just the way TC didn't?

CC

--------------------
Remember: Tidy wires are happy wires!
Mr Punch's Studio

Jack Ruston

#1068226 - 30/09/13 12:10 PM
At the end of the day the main difference is that UAD are widely considered to be top of the game. There are few mainstream mixers without one of their devices. The demise of the powercore came at a time when the market felt that it didn't have enough to offer. It's as simple as that. Now, if somebody else began to outclass UAD in the native realm then they'd be looking at the same problem. But as things stand they seem to have a pretty good handle on what they're doing.

J

--------------------
www.jackruston.com

johnny h

#1068237 - 30/09/13 01:10 PM
One of the problems with UAD is that its very backward looking. Most of their plugins are just emulations of very old gear. Good gear, no doubt, but I think it shows a real lack of ambition. I mean does the Fairchild sound good, really? I had it for ages and it was just really average and crap, but because the hardware version apparently cost a squillion quid its somehow accepted as being a useful product.

At one time investment was made in new ideas, not just the recreation of old hardware boxes.

Jack Ruston

#1068239 - 30/09/13 01:16 PM
I agree entirely with that...not all the models are good, and the concept of modelling is by it's nature, backwards looking. Agree. And I have various plug ins which I use which fully take advantage of their digital design to do things that analogue could never do. But it's hard to escape the fact that certain units have a sound to them that's very desirable. It speaks to the listener. And that's still valuable. In some of their plug ins, particularly some of the compressors, UAD have really captured this pretty well, in a way that others have missed, and that makes it all worthwhile.

J

--------------------
www.jackruston.com

SOS Technical Editor

Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: johnny h]
      #1068243 - 30/09/13 01:37 PM
Quote johnny h:

One of the problems with UAD is that its very backward looking.

I don't see that as a problem at all; it's just the marketing approach they have decided to follow -- and it's clearly working very well for them.

I think the UAD market has two basic components: There's the inexperienced wannabe bedroom producer who likes the idea of having 'classic' processing devices and probably loves the retro on-screen graphics more than the sonic abilities.

And then there's the experienced pro who wants the familiarity and effectiveness of those plug-in tools in a DAW environment. The majority of the UAD plugs are very faithful to the character of the original hardware devices -- at least to my ears. So it gets the job done.

I agree with you about the Fairchild, though. Not something that I got to use during my beeb career, but when I did get my hands on one subsequently I was rather underwhelmed and preferred more familiar and vastly less costly and rarefied products. I don't use that UAD plug now, either.

H

--------------------

Bob Bickerton

Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: Hugh Robjohns]
      #1068289 - 30/09/13 07:43 PM
One reason I like the UAD 'retro' graphics, is the lack of a read out received by tweaking a (virtual) Bakelite knob! In other words I use my ears to set stuff up.

Also I'm not the sort of person who likes to spend endless hours surfing the web, demoing new plug ins. I rely on UADs reputation (rightly or wrongly) to deliver the goods. In fact they are the only plug ins I use apart from Logic's Spacedesigner and Melodyne.

Oh and I do like the Fairchild and often use it on the master buss for light adhesive duties, especially good on acoustic music, but then, you do need to learn how it works

Bob

--------------------
www.bickerton.co.nz

johnny h

Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: Bob Bickerton]
      #1068306 - 30/09/13 09:29 PM
Quote Bob Bickerton:

One reason I like the UAD 'retro' graphics, is the lack of a read out received by tweaking a (virtual) Bakelite knob! In other words I use my ears to set stuff up.

Also I'm not the sort of person who likes to spend endless hours surfing the web, demoing new plug ins. I rely on UADs reputation (rightly or wrongly) to deliver the goods. In fact they are the only plug ins I use apart from Logic's Spacedesigner and Melodyne.

Oh and I do like the Fairchild and often use it on the master buss for light adhesive duties, especially good on acoustic music, but then, you do need to learn how it works

Yep, I've found the secret to making it sound ok. Its called 'bypass'.

In all seriousness though, the above demonstrates the quite clear fanboy appeal of the UAD. Personally I don't wholly trust them for many reasons which I've explained before. If they work for people, great, and I know very good producers who love them. For someone who hasn't yet invested in their antiquated DSP technology I'd say trust your ears and ignore the hype.

Bob Bickerton

#1068322 - 01/10/13 01:18 AM
Quote johnny h:

Quote Bob Bickerton:

Yep, I've found the secret to making it sound ok. Its called 'bypass'.

In all seriousness though, the above demonstrates the quite clear fanboy appeal of the UAD. Personally I don't wholly trust them for many reasons which I've explained before. If they work for people, great, and I know very good producers who love them. For someone who hasn't yet invested in their antiquated DSP technology I'd say trust your ears and ignore the hype.

Thanks for the fanboy compliment, it would appear I'm in good company!

I'm sure the many top producers who use UAD are, in fact, trusting their ears and are uninfluenced by the hype. They could after all, afford to use pretty much anything.

Unfortunately for UAD, it's impossible to audition their plug ins until you've bought into the system, so one has to rely on reputation (or hype as you say) to get started.

I'm not saying there aren't viable alternatives, but the UAD range works very well for me.

Bob

--------------------
www.bickerton.co.nz

Jack Ruston

#1068343 - 01/10/13 07:37 AM
Quote johnny h:

I'd say trust your ears and ignore the hype.

...and that's great advice.

I actually actively avoided UAD for a long time. I'd already moved from TDM to HD Native, and the UAD stuff isn't officially supported on PT even though everyone uses it. My attitude was that plug ins were plug ins and I wasn't going to be tempted into yet another hardware tied system. But when I was one day forced to use it for something I couldn't escape the depressing reality that I was going to have to put my hand in my pocket. The reverbs alone are frankly jaw dropping and when you consider the cost of the equivalent alternatives it was really a no brainer for me.

I think KMR have a demo card if you want to try it.

J

--------------------
www.jackruston.com

The_BPP

Loc: Lincolnshire
      #1068414 - 01/10/13 01:40 PM
Quote BJG145:

If they released a native version, what would that mean for people who bought an expensive Quad card, for example? They wouldn't experience any better performance than those with Duo, or Solo.

--------------------
Touch & Go

ManFromGlass

Loc: In the woods in Canada
Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: The_BPP]
      #1068490 - 02/10/13 03:17 AM
I have the Quad. I managed to max it out a few days ago. In spite of this in the end my mixes do sound better, and not just to my aged ears. As for it being expensive? Only in relation to how much money you have to spend. I could never afford the hardware equivalents. So to spend this amount of money to get better mixes is a no-brainer.
btw -
Most humourous Comment Of The Year Award should go to the chap who made the bypass comment. I'm still chuckling at how funny this is on so many levels. void(0)
cheers
Eric

CPU toast

Loc: Oregon
      #1068491 - 02/10/13 03:50 AM
For the 'non-professional' computer-based musician, I cannot recommend hardware-tethered platforms such as UAD. In fact, digital audio hardware is generally a dangerous proposition, because of the rapid obsolescence of digital-processing devices. My first computer was a Macintosh SE, priced, in 1988 dollars, obscenely high. The computer was basically a toy. Never again have i respected Steve Jobs or bought an Apple.
Digital hardware, like the UAD, might be good for the hardworking professional, because of its supposed 'quality,' but it is a twilight platform, to say the least. Plug-ins, in general, are an iffy investment. The vast majority of plug-ins are not crucial to one's happiness, and sometimes don't even sound all that great (especially for the price). Nothing obliterates a mix like a million instances of some BS plug in.
And modelling older equipment is kind of a joke; subtleties tend to get lost in the mixing process anyway (and loudness maximizing destroys everything anyway -LOL).
One needs practical tools that are convenient and native-based.
Avoid hardware bloat (including offerings by Line 6 and Axe FX).
A 'professional' might not think twice about buying a $2000 digital contraption that is obsolete in nine months, but us normal people cannot play with that nonsense.

Richie Royale

Loc: Bristol, England.
      #1068494 - 02/10/13 07:27 AM
Another bonus of being a UAD customer, they have now offered me the SSL Buss compressor for $25, down from $299. They do treat their customers to discounts every month, but this is a particularly good offer!

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale
http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

The Red Bladder

Loc: . ...
      #1068495 - 02/10/13 07:40 AM
All technology is twilight technology.

The question is, when does night fall?

AMD has announced DSP in its CPUs and both CPU manufacturers are working on DSP and GSP integration, so I would give these hybrid boxes about 24 months of life.

Plugs are now worthless, since Cockos started giving the excellent Reaper plugs away, no strings attached.

As for the idea that this or that plug-in reverb is jaw-dropping, I have never heard a good digital reverb yet, plug-in or hardware. And I own a Lexicon 960L. If you want a genuinely jaw-dropping reverb, build a plate or build, or go to a reverb-rich room.

If you want cheap and effective low-latency effects, buy some second-hand hardware.

Jack Ruston

#1068503 - 02/10/13 09:05 AM
Well...Ok. I like real plates too. And I like real springs. And I like great rooms. And I like some digital reverbs. And I personally find it jaw dropping how good the emulations of some of those things are in UAD vs pretty much everything else.

Build a plate? Where are most people going to put it?

Use good rooms? For mixing? Sometimes you want something digital.

Buy old hardware as a cost effective solution? It's not cost effective at all. It's mostly quite expensive, provides limited channels, doesn't integrate with an ITB mixer like a plug in does, and can be tricky or worse to repair when it goes wrong.

Clients want low cost, speed and recall.

I'm sorry mate but those solutions are impractical for most people, and not just because of cost.

--------------------
www.jackruston.com

Mixedup

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: Jack Ruston]
      #1068509 - 02/10/13 09:41 AM
Well said, Jack. I couldn't have put it better. I still keep my now-past-twilight TC Powercore cards for their reverbs, alongside the UAD offerings.

johnny h

Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: ManFromGlass]
      #1068511 - 02/10/13 09:47 AM
Quote ManFromGlass:

I have the Quad. I managed to max it out a few days ago. In spite of this in the end my mixes do sound better, and not just to my aged ears. As for it being expensive? Only in relation to how much money you have to spend. I could never afford the hardware equivalents.

Then how do you know if the emulations are in any way accurate? UAD marketing?

Scramble

#1068523 - 02/10/13 10:10 AM
Most UAD users don't care if the emulations are accurate, only that they sound good. (Some do care, and are in a position to know, and most of them, although not all, are happy).

I've had the UAD platform for about ten years, and it's served me well in that time, and I think that's pretty good going given the cost. If I was starting off now, though, I don't know if I would go for UAD. The extra DSP used to really help, but now, not so much unless you can afford an Octo card or two, but then you're starting to talk a lot of money, and given that a lot of good plugin companies have started selling stuff really cheap in the last year you have to wonder whether it's worth it.

But don't be put off by the people who say 'Oh, I maxed out my Quad Core straight away'. That's because they're using the giant, resource-hungry plugins. There are tons of useful UAD plugins which take up very little space and you can run loads and loads of them on a UAD-2 card. I used to run lots even on the old UAD1 card.

Bob Bickerton

#1068527 - 02/10/13 10:43 AM
Quote johnny h:

Quote ManFromGlass:

I have the Quad. I managed to max it out a few days ago. In spite of this in the end my mixes do sound better, and not just to my aged ears. As for it being expensive? Only in relation to how much money you have to spend. I could never afford the hardware equivalents.

Then how do you know if the emulations are in any way accurate? UAD marketing?

Actually a number of respected reviewers think the emulations are pretty close, but that's not the issue for me, it's whether they sound good and are easy to set up and they do and they are.

Given you're clearly very negative towards the UAD platform, perhaps you'd like to share your personal experience with it.

Bob

--------------------
www.bickerton.co.nz

Mixedup

Loc: Cambridge, UK
      #1068530 - 02/10/13 10:57 AM
I've compared quite a few UA plug-ins with equivalents from other manufacturers, and with both the original hardware and various hardware clones. As far as software goes, UA consistently seems to be in the top two or three for authenticity (when using its more recent plug-ins... some are showing their age, but fared similarly well in their day).

It's not like the sun shines out of their posterior — I'd much rather they added functionality that didn't compromise the 'authentic' sound (eg wet/dry blend, side-chain filters on compressors etc etc), for example. I don't particularly like that they're tied to a hardware DSP platform, which was a reason I avoided PT for so long. My investment in UAD1s and expansion chassis leave me with redundant hardware... but I got my money's worth.

There are several instances where the hardware itself is inconsistent from one unit to another, which makes it incredibly difficult to make judgements on 'authenticity'. And I can't think of a single analogue-modelling EQ or dynamics plug-in from UA or anyone else where I'd rather use the plug-in than hardware if things like recall weren't an issue. But recall *is* an issue, which means that decent plug-ins are a must — and, love or hate the price (the price of their plug-ins has certainly climbed with the quality in recent years) and the DSP-only policy, UA do consistently sit at or near the top of the pile in terms of quality.

Kwackman

Loc: Belfast
Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: Mixedup]
      #1068532 - 02/10/13 11:05 AM
Quote Mixedup:

I still keep my now-past-twilight TC Powercore cards for their reverbs, alongside the UAD offerings.

This is a good point.
Even if something becomes obsolete, it still works!
I have a UAD PCIe card in a 2008 model Mac Pro.
The new Mac Pro doesn't have PCIe slots.
So, my gear is obsolete, but so what.
It is capable of making great audio (my lack of talent being the limiting factor) and tomorrow it will STILL be capable of making great audio.

--------------------
Cubase, guitars.

desmond

#1068536 - 02/10/13 11:16 AM
I really like the UAD platform in terms of the products, and UA as a company (although they are these days a bit more corporate serious than they used to be - probably largely due to the success of the UAD platform).

You can largely ignore the "DSP is rubbish, UAD cards are pointless and less powerful than native CPUs, they should release native plugins" etc crowd, because they have been proved wrong year after year, as the UAD platform grows and is stronger than ever. They have been saying this for years, and they've never really "got" what the UAD platform is - anyone that understands these things will tell you that UA will *never* go native while the card market remains viable, and despite the naysayers saying the contrary, the cards are still selling. The card market (and derivatives like the Apollo etc) *is* the UAD platform.

The UAD platform should be looked at as a hardware platform with a software user interface, rather than as native plugins, as as such, like any hardware, there are limits, which can be overcome somewhat by spending more money (eg getting more cards etc). If this is distasteful for a given user, it's fairly simple, they won't invest in the UAD platform in the beginning.

I'm conflicted though regarding the UAD platform, for reasons stated before and is pointless to repeat here. I love the plugins. They really work for me, they feel slick and polished, they are predictable, they are not over complex and this lets me reach for the appropriate tool and get to where I need to be quickly. They "feel" good to use, and they sound "right" and good to me - hence for certain tasks, they are often the first plugins I reach for (note I am not comparing them to other plugins here, I'm just saying that they work very well for me in many cases - though not all).

However, I am still in the situation where, because of the hardware, I have a whole bunch of plugins I have paid for and love, but once again cannot use, which is frustrating and has forced me to look elsewhere for alternatives. I can make do, but I still miss my UAD plugins a lot. So the fact it's a hardware platform is now a deal breaker, and I've had to re-invest in rebuying the same UAD DSP in different form factors so I can continue to use the plugins I've bought so much that I'm just no longer interested in playing that game any more, and I'm stuck with an investment that is largely valueless now. It's like having a rack full of the best hardware tools I have next to me but without any means to power them up and actually use them in my productions.

UAD model classic gear because they are a company steeped in heritage and respect that greatly - however, it's not like they *only* model classic gear, they do have plugins that are not emulations, though these traditionally do less well - the market wants emulations in the main).

Are the UAD plugins the "best", or the "most accurate" plugins out there? Well - I don't care. I just care that they work for me, they sound great and are great to use, and they give me a better experience in the main than other similar native products - but those native products are what I'm forced to use now, and I'm doing ok with them. But given the choice, I'd be reaching for the UAD versions first...

Jack Ruston

#1068537 - 02/10/13 11:19 AM
Ah well the issue of the mac not having PCI slots doesn't make PCI cards obsolete. It just makes the new mac a less suitable product for professional music. They can whine on about how amazing thunderbolt is but most of us don't want to have ten devices hanging off our computer on cables. The loss of PCI slots and drive bays is a mistake IMO. It'd be less of a mistake if the thing was a lot better performance wise, but apparently they haven't even got that right. And when we look at how the iPhone has suffered in the last couple of revisions I'm afraid the only conclusion is that they've drifted just that bit too far towards style over substance at the moment.

J

--------------------
www.jackruston.com

desmond

#1068538 - 02/10/13 11:25 AM
Quote Jack Ruston:

I'm afraid the only conclusion is that they've drifted just that bit too far towards style over substance at the moment.

It's not even that so much - we are just not their target demographic any more for Macs, so when a decision has to be made, the best option for Joe Consumer is usually the one taken. Often, that benefits us to. Other times, it really hurts us. Eg - replacing the Expresscard slot in a MBP with an SD card reader which can be bought as a £5 USB device - rendering my UAD Solo card effectively useless to me.

And as an extra insult - the SD card reader in my MBP doesn't even work! It never did... Thanks Apple!

Scramble

Re: UAD- Good buy or 'twilight' technology? new [Re: desmond]
      #1068560 - 02/10/13 01:07 PM
I said:
>But don't be put off by the people who say 'Oh, I maxed out my Quad Core straight away'.

I meant 'Quad card', not 'Quad Core'.

Bear in mind that even when your current UAD hardware becomes obselete (ie. it doesn't run in your current computer), you only have to buy new hardware, you don't have to re-buy the plugins.

UAD is subject to the same problem that all plugins face, and which Red Bladder often points to, which is that plugins require continual updates to stay compatible with current computer OSs, so once the company collapses (and this is inevitable), then you can no longer use those plugins (unless you use an old computer, but that's impractical for the medium and long term). Hardware doesn't have that problem, but then it has the problem that it inevitably has to be fixed now and then, and that costs money, and sometimes old parts can't be replaced, or can only be replaced in a very expensive way.

Jack Ruston

#1068576 - 02/10/13 02:09 PM
This problem is really not limited to software, as you say...

There are quite a few hardware units for which there are no parts. You can get usually those things to work but not necessarily sound exactly as they did. Sometimes repairs can be hugely costly, either in terms of money or time or both. Some hardware that's not very well designed just doesn't sound the same day to day. I can also think of one company who make amazing products, but those products are not the most reliable and are so complicated that if their designer should retire or die, you wonder whether anyone else could easily repair them.

I borrowed a Nightpro Airband EQ from a forum member here which had a PSU failure. It was impossible to replace, and Cliff Maag was at that time 'out of contact' which he remained for several years. Even when he started up again with the Maag products he declined to repair the unit. That unit is effectively, for the time being, dead in the water.

I've had thermionic and chiswick reach products that were so prone to inconsistency and failures that I was getting half way through mixing a record and then having to send them away for repair. There comes a point where it's just not economical to keep them and you lose money on the sale.

I had a Calrec Compact console with track so small that it was uneconomical to recap the channels.

There are many more examples over the years and I've been lucky in having good relationships with dealers who kept me in demo models until repairs were done...when they could.

Sometimes hardware is less reliable than software. It does usually last longer, but it's a lot more expensive.

--------------------
www.jackruston.com

SOS Technical Editor

#1068580 - 02/10/13 02:17 PM
Oh Jack... look at all those wriggly little worms all over the floor...

H

--------------------

Jack Ruston

#1068585 - 02/10/13 02:40 PM

--------------------
www.jackruston.com

tipex

#1068647 - 02/10/13 08:21 PM
it surprises me that still no one has made plugs that can compete with UAD

ronmac

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
      #1068656 - 02/10/13 08:59 PM
As far as I know, no one has yet been able to clone or crack UAD plugs. This has to make the platform extremely valuable to the developers, and probably the reason they have been the platform of choice from some of their partners.

Good on them, I say.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
3 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 8695

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media