Main Forums >> Mac Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
space rabbit

Loc: planet earth , belgium
TC powercore on 10.8 ?
      #1070201 - 14/10/13 07:14 AM
Anyone tried this ?

I know the powercore is officially only supported up to 10.6 , but after hanging on to 10.6 for years now , it's time to move on (for various reasons)

Would hate to leave some of my beloved plugins behind , but that's life I guess .

Sharing your experiences will be much appreciated

cheers ,

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
desmond

Re: TC powercore on 10.8 ? new [Re: space rabbit]
      #1070248 - 14/10/13 11:25 AM
Does it require hardware drivers? If so, they would need to be 64-bit, otherwise Mountain Lion won't see the hardware.

If the drivers aren't 64-bit compatible, then it's unlikely it would work.

space rabbit

Re: TC powercore on 10.8 ? new [Re: desmond]
      #1070262 - 14/10/13 12:24 PM
yes it needs drivers , and an OSX 64 bit compatible version exists , but they stopped supporting the format in the OS10.6 period , so there is officially no more support for 10.8 .

That said , the latest update to the PoCo driver was posted recently , june 2013 , so they did something , but no mention of 10.8 compatibility on the site .

I'm just looking for feedback from users who tried it …. anyone ?
I have a PCI mk2 btw

cheers

--------------------
mac pro 8 core 2,33GHz , macbook pro 17" 2,4GHz , logic pro 9 , 828mkII , NI complete 5 , all spectrasonics , mackie control universal , genelec .........

desmond

#1070283 - 14/10/13 02:16 PM
Oh ok - it's likely it will work, but yeah you'll need to get some PC users to chime in.

You could try posting on gearslutz or something too...

space rabbit

Re: TC powercore on 10.8 ? new [Re: desmond]
      #1070594 - 16/10/13 07:10 PM
Almost can't believe nobody's actually using TC powercore anymore over here … I guess I'll just give it a go and see what happens then .

--------------------
mac pro 8 core 2,33GHz , macbook pro 17" 2,4GHz , logic pro 9 , 828mkII , NI complete 5 , all spectrasonics , mackie control universal , genelec .........

Big_al

#1070713 - 17/10/13 01:10 PM
I'm running my Poco Firewire fine in 10.8.5 if that helps.

--------------------
www.thinkootb.com

LimitedHeadroom

#1071540 - 23/10/13 01:47 PM
I'm running my PoCo FW under 10.8.5 in Logic 9 and it all seems to work. I have 32Lives, which (in case you aren't aware) acts like a bridge between 32bit plugins and 64bit hosts. It says on their website that it supports TC powercore plugins. But none of the Powercore plugins seems to work under Logic X once wrapped. But in 32bit hosts it's fine.

The Powercore is VERY sensetive to the order that other FW periferals are switched on, not something that was a problem before. If it is turned on after my soundcard it will cause the whole system to hang, requiring a forced restart with the power button. Other than that it seems fine when up and running, as stable as it ever was so long as switch on is done in the right order.

Whilst on the PoCo topic, anyone know of a really good rich lush FX reverb? The Classic Verb in the PoCo is the main one I've not been able to replace. Have tried various things, but not found anything that works as well for those really rich, lush and dense sounding FX reverbs.

Thanks

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 1698

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media