I think some of you misunderstood my intention (I wanted to use the audio on the Mac
itself, not from any external input), but I finally worked it out using Soundflower
(thanks for that suggestion!).
Soundflower bed (click on
the flower icon in the OSX menu bar after starting it from the /Applications/Soundflower/
- select where the Mac audio should come from ("Built-in line output" in my
Audio MIDI setup (/Applications/Utility/)
- Select "Soundflower (2ch)" and right-click on it. Choose to "Use
this device for sound output"
- Ensure that the input and output levels on the right
hand side are good. The output level is the same as what you set your Mac's listening
level to and affect the recording level in the DAW.
- Go to the "Reaper" menu, then Preferences-Audio-Device.
Select "Soundflower (2ch)" as the input device.
That should do it for the
audio routing from the Mac's built-in audio. In Reaper I did the following to actually
- Go to the "Track-Insert new track" menu
- press the track's
red "Record arm" button. Now the VU meters will show that the audio is coming in!
Edited by H. Tea (02/11/13 02:17 AM)