Main Forums >> Mac Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
sos4andy

Logic X Issue
      #1114839 - 12/08/14 10:11 AM
Hi all

Is anyone finding Logic X issues on larger projects whereby recent saved changes are not taking effect on the first playback?

To elaborate, I have a large-ish project, 80 something tracks 75% of which are midi instruments with heavy effects chains and multiple automation per track, maybe 10 sends etc... at the end of the last few sessions I have saved all changes to automation etc. then, when I reopen the project at the start of the next session, I play back the project and several changes are not present. However, if I stop the transport, and play from the beginning again, it seems the project 'remembers' the previous changes...

--------------------
https://soundcloud.com/mythological-breakbeat

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
sos4andy

Re: Logic X Issue new [Re: sos4andy]
      #1115478 - 18/08/14 09:39 AM
And now there is no audio on this project...

I revert to the previous saved version and all is fine but the most recent version has null sound. Could this be a sign of my CPU hitting the limit?

--------------------

desmond

#1115492 - 18/08/14 11:48 AM
No, it's I think more likely some combination of LPX bugs, project corruption, or individual plugin compatibility...

sos4andy

#1115547 - 19/08/14 07:46 AM
I opened the project up again last night, and turned off all the master plugins and it works fine again.

Looking back, when it was experiencing the no audio issue, the CPU was peaking, especially on the 8th core (which on my projects usually means the master bus is too busy), but also it wasn't plugged in to the mains and the battery was low. Could it have been a combination of bugs, compatibility, power saving etc...

Anyway, I'm still loving Logic X inspite of these little inconsistencies...

--------------------

DAGGILARR

Loc: Exeter, Devon.
      #1115641 - 20/08/14 09:37 AM
I have had some CPU spike issues recently, on a project using several incidences of Kontakt, Turning of the multi core support in the Kontakt options seems to have helped, but early days yet.

--------------------

sos4andy

#1115846 - 22/08/14 08:30 AM
Turning off multicore? That seems counter-intuitive, but if it works!

I have a feeling my issue with no sound was probably linked to an energy saving thing somewhere...

I'm starting to think though that I want to upgrade my i7 2.0ghz 8GB RAM MBP to something a little more capable...

--------------------

DAGGILARR

Loc: Exeter, Devon.
      #1115981 - 23/08/14 07:19 AM
Just to be clear I have Multi core enabled in Logic, 8 cores selected, but have disabled it in Kontakt. I was chiming in in case you had multiple Konakt tracks.

CPU spikes in Logic seem to happen quite a lot, it would seem that Kontakts multi core option confuses Logic, though if using Kontakt as a stand-alone it would be a good idea to enable it.

Or so it would seem.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 1254

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media