Main Forums >> PC Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
clube

Loc: UK
Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused?
      #1018405 - 13/11/12 02:20 PM
Many soundcards interfaces from major brands first launched over 5 years ago are still available for purchase. Indeed, any well designed, robust interface should be good to run over many years, except that we users can be unreasonably be held to ransom . The following story should have you checking out your manufacturer now.

In 2006 and 2007 Focusrite launched the first two products in their Saffire Pro range. I bought the second unit. Within a couple of years Focusrite effectively just repackaged the units as the Saffire Pro 40 which is still a current product. Imagine my shock when asking when we could expect Windows 8 drivers, Focusrite replied thus:

"Development support ended for the old Saffire range some time ago (two years after they were discontinued), so there will be no further updates for drivers and software."

Presumabaly they expect me to shell out £400 for the Saffire Pro 40 - no different in any significant sense to my Pro 10. It won't happen because I'll move brand and bye bye Focusrite for ever and a day.

Some of you may recall the huge and unpleasant campaign run by users of Digidesign Avid's Audiomedia III card about 15 years ago when they took the same attitude over updating drivers as Focusrite - it was XP drivers that were the issue then if I recall correctly. I for one have never bought another Digidesign product since and never will, and I won't be alone given the level of anger amongst other users then.

--------------------
Music is the gift of God

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
johnny h

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: clube]
      #1018413 - 13/11/12 02:56 PM
RME are the best for drivers. Work with everything, super low latency.

robinv

#1018428 - 13/11/12 04:16 PM
I completely understand your pain.
I guess the question is whether it's reasonable to expect a manufacturer to support a product on all future operating systems. At the time of release i imagine they happily supported the operating systems available at the time. I've had a similar problem with my Powercore - now discontinued by TC Electronic so will probably never have Windows 8 drivers.

I think it's a computing conundrum - because computers change is there a duty of care from manufacturers to always ensure they are keeping up? Even with discontinued products?

That said i've not yet seen Windows 8 drivers for any audio interfaces and yet all the ones i've tried have worked happily on Windows 7 drivers - so i don't think there's too many issues there.

Just some thoughts anyway.

--------------------
Molten Music Technology - Computers for doing music on

Magic Matt

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: robinv]
      #1018466 - 13/11/12 11:18 PM
As far as computers are concerned, Windows 8 is just Windows 7 with a Metro interface slapped on, so all the drivers for Windows 7 should work just as well under Windows 8.

You wont see Windows 8 drivers for other devices, like the ARM based tablets etc. as they just don't have the processing power.

clube

#1018495 - 14/11/12 09:03 AM
That's what I thought - so tested Windows 8 in a VM using the host soundcard but it didn't work. A little more investigation on manufacturer sites suggests that there are problems with a significant number of cards not working on Windows 8 although theoretically they probably should.
These issues crop up all the time in computing of course, but it's the attitude that their customers will happily shell out £400 - 500 for a new interface every few years and still have a smile on their faces that bothers me big time. A piece of gear that has "PRO" stamped on it should be current a lot longer than 6 years.
Just imagine for a moment that I gave in and bought a Saffire Pro 56 which they indicate they will develop drivers for - that's now a very old lady by Focusrite timescales and I would most likely find myself with a piece of unsupported "junk" within 12 months. The point is that these manufacturers need to give customers some commitment out of simple respect and decency if nothing else.

--------------------
Music is the gift of God

OneWorld

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: johnny h]
      #1018518 - 14/11/12 10:23 AM
Quote johnny h:

+1

OneWorld

#1018520 - 14/11/12 10:27 AM
Quote clube:

Many soundcards interfaces from major brands first launched over 5 years ago are still available for purchase. Indeed, any well designed, robust interface should be good to run over many years, except that we users can be unreasonably be held to ransom . The following story should have you checking out your manufacturer now.

In 2006 and 2007 Focusrite launched the first two products in their Saffire Pro range. I bought the second unit. Within a couple of years Focusrite effectively just repackaged the units as the Saffire Pro 40 which is still a current product. Imagine my shock when asking when we could expect Windows 8 drivers, Focusrite replied thus:

"Development support ended for the old Saffire range some time ago (two years after they were discontinued), so there will be no further updates for drivers and software."

Presumabaly they expect me to shell out £400 for the Saffire Pro 40 - no different in any significant sense to my Pro 10. It won't happen because I'll move brand and bye bye Focusrite for ever and a day.

Some of you may recall the huge and unpleasant campaign run by users of Digidesign Avid's Audiomedia III card about 15 years ago when they took the same attitude over updating drivers as Focusrite - it was XP drivers that were the issue then if I recall correctly. I for one have never bought another Digidesign product since and never will, and I won't be alone given the level of anger amongst other users then.

This is one of the most galling aspects of doing music on computers, I now have a stack of what was very expensive hardware, and some software that as far as the manufacturer is concerned, the product has fallen off the radar. I was one of those dunderheads that bought into the 'futureproof' scam pulled off by Yamaha with their MLAN products...01x, i88x, just as good as scrap now. I really wanted to buy the Yamaha N12 mixer, and I was also in the market for a Motif, but aftetr my MLAN experiences, no way am I buying from Yamahaha

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

Loc: Manchester
      #1018538 - 14/11/12 11:47 AM
Quote clube:

Presumabaly they expect me to shell out £400 for the Saffire Pro 40 - no different in any significant sense to my Pro 10.

As an educated guess(and from what I can work out via Google) I'd imagine the first 2 models were based around the DICE chipset whilst the newer units are based around the DICE II chipset. If that is the case then that is your problem.

Focusrite along with many other companies use off the shelf controller designs and base their units around them to the spec of their choice as after all, pretty much the controller does is talk to the PC anyway rather than do any of the signal important stuff like the dacs etc...

The DICE series is made by TC Konnekt and get's licensed out to other firms who are then at the mercy of the TCK development team for core updates. When they made the DICE chipset end of life in order to replace it with the newer (and vastly improved DICE II) chipset the firms who were licensing the tech were forced to follow suite and end support for the older controller.

So the current situation is that any of the half dozen firms using the DICE chipset in a device (not just Focusrite) are going to be out of luck when it comes to win8 if TCK doesn't choose to update. This isn't all that unusual at all in the computer world and from the OS point of view MS will also stop supporting an OS two years after the line is killed off, so in those regards TCK is just following a well known industry trend. That obviously isn't reassuring for an end user who see's what essentially is two interfaces that look the same but one has lost support and one hasn't but the is at least a reason behind it.

Just to flesh out Johnnys comment RME have always designed their controller solution and written drivers in house which is why support and the length of their life cycle is always so long term as they control it from start to finish. Sure they cost a premium amount but that cost is what permits them to keep supporting and developing their product lines long term. I'm sure the counter argument there may prove to be that a Pro 10 and Pro 40 bought over a 5 - 7 year period may even still work out cheaper than going RME or another premium brand once you take into account the cost of expansions but that's the hardware buying dilemma.

--------------------
ScanProAudio & 3XS Audio Systems
ScanProAudio Blog

johnny h

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: Pete Kaine]
      #1018551 - 14/11/12 01:14 PM
Quote Pete Kaine:

Quote clube:

Presumabaly they expect me to shell out £400 for the Saffire Pro 40 - no different in any significant sense to my Pro 10.

As an educated guess(and from what I can work out via Google) I'd imagine the first 2 models were based around the DICE chipset whilst the newer units are based around the DICE II chipset. If that is the case then that is your problem.

Focusrite along with many other companies use off the shelf controller designs and base their units around them to the spec of their choice as after all, pretty much the controller does is talk to the PC anyway rather than do any of the signal important stuff like the dacs etc...

The DICE series is made by TC Konnekt and get's licensed out to other firms who are then at the mercy of the TCK development team for core updates. When they made the DICE chipset end of life in order to replace it with the newer (and vastly improved DICE II) chipset the firms who were licensing the tech were forced to follow suite and end support for the older controller.

So the current situation is that any of the half dozen firms using the DICE chipset in a device (not just Focusrite) are going to be out of luck when it comes to win8 if TCK doesn't choose to update. This isn't all that unusual at all in the computer world and from the OS point of view MS will also stop supporting an OS two years after the line is killed off, so in those regards TCK is just following a well known industry trend. That obviously isn't reassuring for an end user who see's what essentially is two interfaces that look the same but one has lost support and one hasn't but the is at least a reason behind it.

Just to flesh out Johnnys comment RME have always designed their controller solution and written drivers in house which is why support and the length of their life cycle is always so long term as they control it from start to finish. Sure they cost a premium amount but that cost is what permits them to keep supporting and developing their product lines long term. I'm sure the counter argument there may prove to be that a Pro 10 and Pro 40 bought over a 5 - 7 year period may even still work out cheaper than going RME or another premium brand once you take into account the cost of expansions but that's the hardware buying dilemma.

From my experience with the Focusrite, they are buggy and prone to glitches and random bursts of noise. Plus they feel quite cheap. I personally know people who have abandoned them because they are too much of a headache to deal with.

I've had my RME Fireface since 2007 and have no plans to replace it for the foreseeable future. The thunderbolt>firewire cable means any laptop I buy in the future should be compatible and PCs should always be able to run firewire cards.

OneWorld

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: Pete Kaine]
      #1018554 - 14/11/12 01:23 PM
Quote Pete Kaine:

Quote clube:

That's a good bit of info regarding the RME set up, that does indeed explai why some manufacturers can seem to continue to support customers and others just seem to say "Well, we've had your money, oh dear what a shame never mind!"

James PerrettModerator

Loc: The wilds of Hampshire
      #1018555 - 14/11/12 01:28 PM
Quote Pete Kaine:

Nearly right Pete - the first two models are based around the Bridgeco chipset rather than the original DICE chipset. It will be interesting to see if other manufacturers who used the same chipset follow Focusrite's lead.

RME have done something similar with their older cards and Win7 64 bit but the timescale was something like 6 years between discontinuing the cards and the introduction of the new OS. However, I understand that the RME cards should still work in Win8 32 bit.

James.

--------------------
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration.
http://www.jrpmusic.net

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: James Perrett]
      #1018559 - 14/11/12 01:42 PM
As I've never had the pro 10 in bits I stand corrected then.

--------------------
ScanProAudio Blog

Magic Matt

#1018577 - 14/11/12 02:54 PM
Quote clube:

That's what I thought - so tested Windows 8 in a VM using the host soundcard but it didn't work. A little more investigation on manufacturer sites suggests that there are problems with a significant number of cards not working on Windows 8 although theoretically they probably should.

A lot of Win7 hardware doesn't work properly in a VM either, so not really a very reliable test, but I see your point.

If you can't get something to work on Win8 though, it's also worth checking you're installing the right drivers (64bit or 32bit), and you may have luck with Vista drivers also.

However I'd also suggest that the cost of buying Windows 7 (especially OEM) will be far less than the cost of replacing incompatible hardware add-ons when you get a new machine. I'm about to create a dual-boot partition on a machine to run XP for precisely that reason - no Win7 driver support, but XP will run fine on the machine, and there's nothing in Win7 that I'll actually need.

Magic Matt

#1018579 - 14/11/12 02:57 PM
The cost of RME gear seems to be more than double that of MOTU ... is the support life expectancy more than doubled?

It seems more sensible to me to have a unit that may last half the time, and know you'll be replacing it with a new one. If the cost difference were not so much then maybe the argument for the RME unit would be better...?

Shambolic Charm

#1018612 - 14/11/12 07:23 PM
Some drivers just need the inf tweaking to include win8 and on initial install you have to bypass driver signing. Very lazy if these companies can't be bothered to do the necessary tweaks, shows how much they think of their customers.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/shambolic-charm

johnny h

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: Magic Matt]
      #1018622 - 14/11/12 08:41 PM
Quote Magic Matt:

The cost of RME gear seems to be more than double that of MOTU ... is the support life expectancy more than doubled?

It seems more sensible to me to have a unit that may last half the time, and know you'll be replacing it with a new one. If the cost difference were not so much then maybe the argument for the RME unit would be better...?

It probably is double yes, and in the meantime you would also have better converters, better construction, more reliable drivers and lower latency. Plus better resale value - I can get about 80% of the price I paid for mine right now on ebay ... not too bad for 5 years of use. I wouldn't swap my 5 year old RME for a brand new MOTU that's for sure.

Exalted Wombat

#1018625 - 14/11/12 09:04 PM
Quote clube:

A piece of gear that has "PRO" stamped on it should be current a lot longer than 6 years.

Great Truths of Mankind #467:

Anything labelled "Pro", isn't.

OneWorld

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: johnny h]
      #1018641 - 14/11/12 10:57 PM
Quote johnny h:

Quote Magic Matt:

It probably is double yes, and in the meantime you would also have better converters, better construction, more reliable drivers and lower latency. Plus better resale value - I can get about 80% of the price I paid for mine right now on ebay ... not too bad for 5 years of use. I wouldn't swap my 5 year old RME for a brand new MOTU that's for sure.

And there was that MOTU PCI324/PCI424 issue, so a lot of us got lumbered with PCI324 cards that were useless once we got more modern computers. That put me off MOTU for good, managed to sell the 2408MKII + Card, for buttons!

Magic Matt

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: Exalted Wombat]
      #1018643 - 14/11/12 11:32 PM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote clube:

A piece of gear that has "PRO" stamped on it should be current a lot longer than 6 years.

...like Pro Tools.

clube

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: Exalted Wombat]
      #1018670 - 15/11/12 09:17 AM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote clube:

A good rule of thumb - must remember that one

--------------------
Music is the gift of God

clube

#1018674 - 15/11/12 09:23 AM
Focusrite said they have passed my comments on to their R&D and Sales directors so let's see what happens.

The irony of all this is that I originally purchased a Presonus, but at that time it would not work with Sonar. I believe that particular problem is now sorted out, but to add to the irony I now do most of my recording in Studio One!

I hear what you guys say about RME but these more expensive units worry me. I used Aardvark for many years which was also a premium product - their products sounded tons better than Focusrite - but they got priced out of business by the cheaper interfaces from M-Audio, Focusrite, Presonus, Roland etc. That's always worried me too much to move to another premium product range.

Looks like I'll be staying with Windows 7 for now.

--------------------
Music is the gift of God

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

#1018679 - 15/11/12 09:47 AM
Quote clube:

The irony of all this is that I originally purchased a Presonus, but at that time it would not work with Sonar.

Presonous also buy in their controller so the situation (depending upon the interface in question) may still be open to the same issues.

--------------------
ScanProAudio Blog

johnny h

#1018717 - 15/11/12 03:09 PM
Quote clube:

Focusrite said they have passed my comments on to their R&D and Sales directors so let's see what happens.

The irony of all this is that I originally purchased a Presonus, but at that time it would not work with Sonar. I believe that particular problem is now sorted out, but to add to the irony I now do most of my recording in Studio One!

I hear what you guys say about RME but these more expensive units worry me. I used Aardvark for many years which was also a premium product - their products sounded tons better than Focusrite - but they got priced out of business by the cheaper interfaces from M-Audio, Focusrite, Presonus, Roland etc. That's always worried me too much to move to another premium product range.

Looks like I'll be staying with Windows 7 for now.

RME worries you but Focusrite doesn't? I don't think RME are going out of business anytime soon, they aren't exactly boutique. Having a soundcard with rock solid drivers, good sound and build quality and the ultra low latency doesn't worry me one bit!

Robin Lemaire

Loc: Oxford
      #1019229 - 19/11/12 01:02 AM
Just my 2 pence worth -

I had an RME Digi 96/8 pad pci card for years which was excellent, I only changed it last year because the driver support was archived.

It wouldn't play with the later versions of QuickTime or iTunes, so video work with sonar was horrible, and I find iTunes useful for quickly referencing other tracks.

I replaced it with a focusrite saffire pro, which doesn't sound quite as good (in fairness there is very little in it), but everything else about it has been flawless.

feline1

Loc: Brighton, UK
      #1019428 - 20/11/12 01:02 PM
Quote johnny h:

Actually the firewire driver for the RME UCX I bought this summer was total crap!
Constant blue screens on Windows 7, and when I tried to get help on their forums, just got this asinine "pah! it's all Windows fault, nothing we can do, mein herr!" bollocks.

Luckily it also connects via USB2, and the USB drivers are rock solid.

--------------------
~~~ A weasel hath not such a deal of spleen as you are tossed with! www.feline1.co.uk ~~~

nikHz

Loc: London, UK.
Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: feline1]
      #1019650 - 21/11/12 07:55 PM
Quote feline1:

Quote johnny h:

Actually the firewire driver for the RME UCX I bought this summer was total crap!
Constant blue screens on Windows 7, and when I tried to get help on their forums, just got this asinine "pah! it's all Windows fault, nothing we can do, mein herr!" bollocks.

Luckily it also connects via USB2, and the USB drivers are rock solid.

I've owned both an RME FF800 and now the UCX and haven't had any issues with the firewire drivers. I do use a PCI-e Firewire card with Texas Instruments chipset, as recommended by RME so maybe that has something to do with it. Although I've also used it on numerous laptops, PC and Mac and had no Firewire issues. It might be a issue with your particular firewire chipset?

But yes, the USB drivers are also rock solid.

--------------------
One good thing about music is when it hits, you feel no pain...

feline1

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: nikHz]
      #1019712 - 22/11/12 10:15 AM
Quote nikHz:

I've owned both an RME FF800 and now the UCX and haven't had any issues with the firewire drivers. I do use a PCI-e Firewire card with Texas Instruments chipset, as recommended by RME so maybe that has something to do with it. Although I've also used it on numerous laptops, PC and Mac and had no Firewire issues. It might be a issue with your particular firewire chipset?

It might, it might not. (My PC is a 3XS one from Scan, I'm pretty such they put a good FW card in it).

The point for me was that my cheap-ish M-Audio FW1814 soundcard that I'd used for the previous decade had never ever bluescreened my Windows 7, but this new RME FW driver did about 4 times per week. And they were utterly dismissive of any attempt to debug it or correct the problem (a problem shared by several other forum posters), on the basis that "we are excellent and the problem must be evil Micro$oft lol"... I was distinctly non-plussed.

Thankfully I've had no problems whatsoever with the USB driver, otherwise I would've been returning thheir product for a refund.

--------------------
~~~ A weasel hath not such a deal of spleen as you are tossed with! www.feline1.co.uk ~~~

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: feline1]
      #1019719 - 22/11/12 10:39 AM
Quote feline1:

It might, it might not. (My PC is a 3XS one from Scan, I'm pretty such they put a good FW card in it).

Yeah, we only use T.I. controller based cards. The UCX is one of the units I test with as well, so I'm suprised the has been any problems unless the is anything else going on driver wise it's not happy with which I suspect is what they were pointing at.

Quote feline1:

The point for me was that my cheap-ish M-Audio FW1814 soundcard that I'd used for the previous decade had never ever bluescreened my Windows 7, but this new RME FW driver did about 4 times per week. And they were utterly dismissive of any attempt to debug it or correct the problem (a problem shared by several other forum posters), on the basis that "we are excellent and the problem must be evil Micro$oft lol"... I was distinctly non-plussed.

It's probably a redundent question at this point but did you check for a firmware update for the UCX when the deveice driver update went on? Sometimes they release both at the same time and one won't play nicely without the other althrough I'd hope they already went through that with you but its worth double checking anyway. Also did you switch the TI driver to legacy mode? Sometimes fixes odditys like this one.

Quote feline1:

Thankfully I've had no problems whatsoever with the USB driver, otherwise I would've been returning thheir product for a refund.

Yeah, thankfully the USB driver performance on those is on par with the FW one so your not missing out by using it.

--------------------
ScanProAudio Blog

feline1

#1019726 - 22/11/12 11:03 AM
yeah the UCX firmware was up to date too.

I've no idea what the problem was, but it only occurred when I plugged their soundcard in to my PC via FW, so blaming my PC or Microsoft when it worked perfectly in every other circumstance seemed a bit dubious!
I offered to send them crash dump files etc but they just were like "lol those are about as much use as a chocolate teapot" ... so how DO they test and debug their drivers in that case?!? there must be SOME way to analyse why they make a PC bluescreen, otherwise how would they write them in the first place?

--------------------

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

#1019728 - 22/11/12 11:15 AM
The crashdumps do help point the finger but if all they are doing is pointing at the culprit and memory space violation where it occured I can see why they would consider it to not be overly helpful.

i.e. you have a problem, and it happened here and at this point but we're not going to tell you what else was going on at the same time that may have affected it.

I've ended up shipping them laptops and systems to the UK HQ which then get forwarded to Germany a few times for them to carry out bug fixes and the such, but ideally I suppose they need to see the whole enviroment the crash is occuring within before they can nail down the exact issue in most cases.

--------------------
ScanProAudio Blog

feline1

#1019737 - 22/11/12 11:56 AM
yeah - my point is: they must have a way to debug these things or they couldn't develop them in the first place.

So to claim "it's impossible to debug and it's all Microsoft's fault anyway" smacks of bullshit.
A more honest answer would be "we can't be arsed, it would take too much time and effort to tackle, so just use the USB instead"

--------------------

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

#1019744 - 22/11/12 12:24 PM
Quote feline1:

A more honest answer would be "we can't be arsed, it would take too much time and effort to tackle, so just use the USB instead"

hahah, yeah I suppose so!

--------------------
ScanProAudio Blog

Goddard

Re: Windows 8 Drivers - caring manufacturer or wrongly focused? new [Re: Robin Lemaire]
      #1019745 - 22/11/12 12:24 PM
Quote Robin Lemaire:

Just my 2 pence worth -

I had an RME Digi 96/8 pad pci card for years which was excellent, I only changed it last year because the driver support was archived.

It wouldn't play with the later versions of QuickTime or iTunes, so video work with sonar was horrible, and I find iTunes useful for quickly referencing other tracks.

I replaced it with a focusrite saffire pro, which doesn't sound quite as good (in fairness there is very little in it), but everything else about it has been flawless.

I do sometimes miss my old Digi cards, they just worked. Shame RME couldn't update their drivers to support 64-bit. I probably would have got the HDSP PCI version, but I'd already been burned when Korg dropped support for the Oasys and Yamaha dropped the DSP Factory, and RME offered no upgrade deal, only higher pricing for their new "DSP" version, which could no longer be linked like the Digi cards could, so I sold the Digi's and went with another solution for interfacing. Yeah, I do miss the simplicity of those Digi cards sometimes, but I don't really miss RME.

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: *****
Thread views: 11720

August 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for August 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media