Main Forums >> PC Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Wiseau

Program files x86
      #1030326 - 25/01/13 04:17 AM
As long as a computer works, we're friends, I wouldn't have a clue how to fix one.

What is program files x86 in windows7 64bit and why is it causing problems in cubase6?.

Waves plugins - Wave shell not found - no licences found when they are on my ilok key. Other plugins get put in there and then don't work. 32bit windows in another computer -fine.

Any info would be great.

--------------------
'You know it's a bad role when Nic Cage passes on it.'

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Skerrick

Loc: Sydney NSW
Re: Program files x86 new [Re: Wiseau]
      #1030328 - 25/01/13 05:47 AM
hey man, so in the x86 program files folder there should be all your cubase stuff that you should respectively use with the 64bit version of the software.. it should be where youre installing plugins and storing samples to use and access from within cubase..
i know with FL studio if i wanna dump samples or whatever into the browser or install a plugin (although FL automatically registers and locates installed plugins - i dont know about cubase) i look for the image line folder where all the FL stuff is kept and whack it into that respective FL folder.
dont use the regular program files folder if youre on a 64 bit system.. then again, im only telling you what ive heard, but apparently you can get most DAW's in 32 and 64 bit versions... you MIGHT have a 32 bit version installed on a 64 bit system, in which case DO use the regular "program files" folder OR get a different 64bit version of cubase.
hope i could be of some help, i dont use cubase so i dont know quite how it operates but yeah i imagine it could possibly be one of those probs.. i vaguely remember reading something about it somewhere...

--------------------
www.soundcloud.com/skerrick

The Elf

Loc: Sheffield, UK
      #1030340 - 25/01/13 08:20 AM
Cubase is very fussy about which 32-bit plug-ins it will play nicely with.

I've replaced the vast majority of my 32-bit plugs with 64-bit versions, but there are still some 32-bit plugs I have to use, so I've placed these in a special 'VSTPlugins 32-bit' folder within my Cubase 64-bit installation folder and copied many of my 32-bit plugs into there (avoiding duplicating 64-bit plugs). By trial and error I've reduced the plugs in there to the ones that are necessary, stable and reliable.

If you still need to live in a 32-bit world then run Cubase 32-bit. It's not such a big deal at the moment, but at some point in future you will need to move on.

--------------------
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

BJG145

Loc: Norwich UK
      #1030346 - 25/01/13 08:51 AM
Quote Wiseau:

What is program files x86 in windows7 64bit

It's for 32-bit programs. See "Mix and Match" here...

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan11/articles/cubase-0111.htm

Wiseau

#1030499 - 26/01/13 12:40 AM
Thanks for your help everyone!

--------------------
'You know it's a bad role when Nic Cage passes on it.'

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
3 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 1808

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media