Main Forums >> PC Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Guitarman

Decent VST Reverb Plugin Wanted
      #988653 - 21/05/12 10:21 AM
HI All

Can anyone recommend something.

Free would be good but reasonable price is ok as well.

It's for guitar use only.

Thanks

Alan

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
ezza

Re: Decent VST Reverb Plugin Wanted new [Re: Guitarman]
      #988666 - 21/05/12 11:05 AM
These are ok

http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-reverb

twotoedsloth

#988776 - 21/05/12 06:06 PM
The Waves Renaissance reverb is very good at any price, but it's now just $64 if you're in Canada or the USA.

James PerrettModerator

Loc: The wilds of Hampshire
      #988901 - 22/05/12 11:02 AM
For free I would suggest Bootsy's Epicverb. I also find Silverspike's Room Machine very useful when you want shorter ambiences to liven up drums.

James.

--------------------
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration.
http://www.jrpmusic.net

KONTAKT1968

#988962 - 22/05/12 03:35 PM
I highly recommend checking out Valhalladsp.
Ubermod, room and shimmer are all different but excellent you can d/l demo and see if one suits you they are about £30 each though.

Will_m

Loc: Manchester
      #989028 - 22/05/12 09:08 PM
I've just bought spaces from EW which I'm really impressed with, there are pretty much zero options for tweaking but the preset verbs sound lovely very lush and great for the cinematic sound as there are lots of big sound stages and concert halls.

--------------------
http://www.williammorrismusic.com

zenguitarModerator

Loc: Devon
      #989047 - 22/05/12 11:41 PM
What DAW are you using? Most have a decent reverb plugin bundled. A good starting point would be to use that as a starting point. Let us know what you already have, and more importantly, what it is about it that you feel doesn't meet your needs.

Andy

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Guitarman

#989104 - 23/05/12 09:56 AM
Thanks for the replies.

DAW is Sonar X1 and the reverbs always sound tinny and metallic.

I really should get a Lexicon,but being computer based,and everything
I use is a Plugin,I wanted something as smooth as a Lexicon.

Maybe I want to much.

Alan

twotoedsloth

#989173 - 23/05/12 04:29 PM
TC Electronic was giving away a reverb plugin based on the M2000. It's not available from TC Electronic anymore, and I'm not sure of the legality of this, but since it was free, maybe it is okay to pass it on without violating any laws? I don't have a copy of this myself, since it was a 3 day offer only and I missed it.

The Telenator

Loc: Carolina Beach, The States
      #989187 - 23/05/12 06:26 PM
If verbs are always sounding metallic on your Sonar, then somthing is possibly set incorrectly, because the engine and build on that one is nearly identical to many others. In fact, it been shown that most DAW are practically the same for (set flat) sound. People are always saying they prefer the 'sound' of one over another, but they don't really have a 'sound.' Perceptions of differences are coming from some other factor(s).

No one mentioned Ambience -- love it, good on guitar, too. How about Elottronix, and then you can sound all loopy guitar, just like Robert Fripp? The AntressModern series has some interesting offerings; let's see, ModernFlashverb, ModernSpacer I think. Then there are the multi-FX plugs, such as LUXONIX LX-1310. There's always the Kjaerhus Classic Reverb. I find that acceptable for guitar and many things, though not vocals or violins. Note also that some of the delays can be pulled back to a reverb or have some as a second feature. Okay, so, those are the free ones. Did you mention money?

Richard Graham

Loc: Gateshead, UK
Re: Decent VST Reverb Plugin Wanted new [Re: The Telenator]
      #989725 - 26/05/12 08:37 AM
Quote The Telenator:

If verbs are always sounding metallic on your Sonar, then somthing is possibly set incorrectly, because the engine and build on that one is nearly identical to many others. In fact, it been shown that most DAW are practically the same for (set flat) sound. People are always saying they prefer the 'sound' of one over another, but they don't really have a 'sound.' Perceptions of differences are coming from some other factor(s)

DAWs may not have a 'sound', but reverbs absolutely do, and they are as much a matter of taste as cheese, whiskey or wine, so I'd be inclined to believe the OP rather than putting it down to incorrect settings.

I've never found a reverb I thought sounded completely natural (even convolution) but a few that are "good enough" for me are Reaper's free built-in ReaVerb (convolution), the Quantec Yardstick model for Reaktor, and BreVerb Lite.

The worst reverb I ever heard was the one built into Cubase VST 5 (the old one!), it was far worse even than my Yamaha R100 hardware reverb.

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
2 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: *****
Thread views: 3827

September 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for September 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media