Main Forums >> News
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
timcupwise

YouRei Band-pass & Notch Filters & *LFO Mod FX* Nebula Release
      #1040778 - 01/04/13 05:02 PM
http://www.cupwise.com/cup/nebula-release-yourei-band-pass-notch-filters-l fo-mod-fx/

just got this set up which has been months in the making. i remember i actually said this might be out within a few weeks of part 1 (the HP/LP filter set i released last year). HA. it turned out to be a BEAST and i had no idea what i was getting into.

it's a set of notch & band-pass/peak filters. the notches are ultra precise, which required THOUSANDS of samples to recreate. that's just for 1k. the programs may take a bit longer to load than you are used to with preamp stuff but the real point is that i've got Neb's internal LFOs modulating the frequency. i've made a custom control system that allows you to pinpoint exactly where within the whole frequency range you want the LFO to operate. by the way, these filters smoothly go from 26hz up to 26khz, AND have variable width.

there are programs optimized for using the filters for EQing purposes too. you can use the peak filter just like you would with an eq program, and the same goes for the notch. the notch is so sharp it can be used for forensic type artifact removal (check the one audio clip at the site).

to top it off there is a pass-through program with the filters off, and this is a pretty characterful unit so that program can be pretty useful by itself. used with the filter programs it makes up for them lacking harmonics.

i'm still thinking about how i could offer a demo program for these... but the price is at a crazy cheap 10$ for the time being. consider it an april fools/introductory sale, and it WILL go up a bit. i'm hoping to add another pass-through with a bit more THD and *hopefully* some progs using envelope followers instead of LFO, but both things are giving me issues so i can't promise this will happen. if it does anyone who already bought will get that stuff. either way the price is going up because whats there already is a lot.

-tim

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor 
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 879

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media