Main Forums >> Production - Mixing, Mastering, Gear & Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Kevin Nolan

anybody know how to buy Adobe Audition CS6 ?
      #1034006 - 18/02/13 10:39 PM
I use Adobe Audition CS5.5 on OSX and want to upgrade to version CS6

However, more than an hour later on the Adobe Web site and I can find no means of buying or upgrading to Audition CS6.

If anyone has done this I'd be grateful for pointers on how you did it - I'm completely lost.

Thanks!
Kevin.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Trevor Johnson

Re: anybody know how to buy Adobe Audition CS6 ? new [Re: Kevin Nolan]
      #1034011 - 18/02/13 11:19 PM
The problem (I think) is that Adobe want to push people to Creative Cloud. Also, their website is less navigable and intuitive as it once was.

If you go to Adobe Audition and click on the far right tab 'Buying Guide' underneath Adobe Audition CS6 , the first thing that appears on the right is the Creative Cloud option, then underneath, but not simultaneously (at least not in Firefox/Windows) will be a dialogue box for upgrade or full purchase, where you can state platform, etc..

Hope this is some help.

Trevor

James PerrettModerator

Loc: The wilds of Hampshire
      #1034071 - 19/02/13 10:15 AM
The last time I bought a copy of Audition, I ended up buying it from Amazon. I see that they have CS6 but they don't make it obvious that you can buy the Mac version from them as the headline for the product only mentions Windows. If you go to the product page you can select the Mac version from there.

James.

--------------------
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration.
http://www.jrpmusic.net

johnny h

#1034092 - 19/02/13 11:55 AM
Be careful if you really want to buy Adobe Audition. When it was called Cool Edit it was a great piece of software. Fast, uncluttered, stable.

Its not any of those things these days.

Kevin Nolan

#1034114 - 19/02/13 01:04 PM
Thanks a million for the pointers. I eventually found it - boy they do not make buying from them easy.

Re. questioning buying Adobe Audition, even today it is a stunning piece of software - and I use the word stunning, meaning it. I've used it on PC since Audition Version 1-3 and not use CS5.5 on Mac.

What I love about it is its production capbilitie - but most especially the dozens of excellent effects, channle strip features and restoration tools. Bundled with it at the quite reasonable proce is what you have to pay high hundreds or even thousands of euro for with other equivalent packages.

I've just used it to restore recordings made in a school to be used in a theatre production - and between deconvolvong the 'room noise' to removing ceiling pips and pops (in an old prefabricated room where the recording were done)- it has delivered a pristine final product. Tryly amazing. I love this software for what it does - and in going from Adobe V3 on PC to CS5.5 they even removed the poor attempt at MIDI - leaving it a focused, exquisitely featured audio production tool.

Shockingly - witht the Mac version at CS5.5 - you cannot easily build CD track lists - so hence the need up upgrade to V6.

but I read the detailed system requrements and there are no know issues installing from 10.6.8 to 10.8.2 - so CS6 is definitely ready for OSX.

I cannot recommend Adobe Audition highly enough - for what it does.

thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
Kevin,

desmond

Re: anybody know how to buy Adobe Audition CS6 ? new [Re: johnny h]
      #1034117 - 19/02/13 01:50 PM
Quote johnny h:

Fast, uncluttered, stable.

Its not any of those things these days.

I disagree - I actually think it's a great bit of software.

James PerrettModerator

Loc: The wilds of Hampshire
      #1034126 - 19/02/13 02:45 PM
Quote Kevin Nolan:

Shockingly - witht the Mac version at CS5.5 - you cannot easily build CD track lists - so hence the need up upgrade to V6.

CS5.5 was a downgrade on every platform as it was hurriedly released to meet a deadline. Apparently CS6 restores most of the missing features but Audition 3 seems to be the one to use if you are on a PC and want everything.

James.

--------------------
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration.
http://www.jrpmusic.net

Trevor Johnson

Re: anybody know how to buy Adobe Audition CS6 ? new [Re: James Perrett]
      #1034208 - 19/02/13 11:32 PM
I came up through Syntrillium Cool Edit/Cool Edit Pro and have stuck at Audition 3, even though I regularly upgrade my graphic/photographic Adobe software to stay current.

At least I am pleased Audition was coded for the Mac (version CS5?) as it indicates that Adobe will continue to develop it. I use Audition for scientific as well as audio purposes and it is an excellent 'toolkit'. I will wait and see if CS7, when that arrives, provides a good reason for me to upgrade.

Trevor

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
5 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts 
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: *
Thread views: 1176

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media