Main Forums >> Production - Mixing, Mastering, Gear & Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Skerrick

Loc: Sydney NSW
this is one for the heads...
      #1034041 - 19/02/13 04:03 AM
so guys, ive been doing this as a relaxation technique at work, having this playing through one of my headphones throughout the day.

open: www.rainymood.com
and then open: http://www.earslap.com/projectslab/circuli - and click a few random times inside the box... (or read the instructions)

^ have both of these going at once, on your home stereo, headphones or whatever; circuli in particular is blowing my mind right now.. wish there was a way to record it into my music somehow...

hope you guys enjoy this!! it chills me the feck out.
just thought a few people might relish the opportunity to meditate on this.

--------------------
www.soundcloud.com/skerrick

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Evie McCreevie

Loc: Dublin
Re: this is one for the heads... new [Re: Skerrick]
      #1034109 - 19/02/13 12:51 PM
That's really nice... and very clever.

And if you overload your BB connection (by opening a picture-heavy site) you can get some glitchy stuff too!

mick.n

Loc: It's grim up north.
      #1034120 - 19/02/13 02:21 PM
very nice indeed.

Skerrick

Loc: Sydney NSW
      #1034236 - 20/02/13 08:56 AM
haha glad you guys enjoyed. its gotta be my favourite thing to listen to when im chilling at the moment. so goddamn relaxing!!

--------------------
www.soundcloud.com/skerrick

Nathan

Loc: lincolnshire government experi...
      #1034513 - 21/02/13 12:26 PM
I like rain, streams, becks, waterfalls or any other white noise-y type sounds as they tend to mask intrusive noises, envelop you and help you either concentrate or relax (a pedestal fan helps me sleep on hot summer nights when the windows are open and the wildlife won't; it's the noise masking as well as the cooling).

Not sure how much of the blippy, bubble stuff I could take, but it certainly gives you something to attach your mind to if you want to stop thinking for a while and clear your clutter out

If you like this, perhaps you should get a recorder and a good waterproof mic and go and record some similar noises -rain, thunder, wind-noise, bubbling becks and streams, waterfalls, crashing waves, dragging shingle, swaying trees, wheat and barley fields, creaking boats or windmill sails, etc.

You could then layer them with birdsong or animal calls, other natural or fauna noises, wind chimes, perhaps some nostalgia stuff (for me gulls in Whitby), and then some really gentle or etherial synth pads. Bung 'em in all random, or gate the bubble app and generate MIDI from it to trigger stuff -I'm sure there are random MIDI generator plugs out there somewhere.

Laquer it all with etherial reverb stuff from Valhalla Rooms and Shimmer, don't lose your sense of balance.

Get someone to check on you every few days to make sure you're eating, drinking, still breathing

>

--------------------
planet nine
lincoln, uk.

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
1 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts 
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 954

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media