Main Forums >> Production - Mixing, Mastering, Gear & Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Džoni

Loc: South Africa
Adam Hall Monitor Isolation (ECO Series) -- anyone know *anything* about them?
      #996071 - 04/07/12 08:30 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking into getting some monitor isolation pads, and I was initially thinking of going for the Auralex Acoustics MoPADs; I phoned my local music store to see if they had stock, but the sales guy also told me they have the Adam Hall ECO monitor isolation pads (SPADECO2 - http://www.adamhall.com/en/Adam_Hall_Stands_PAD_ECO_Series_-__Monitor_Isol ation_Pad_SPADECO2.html), which he claimed are "better and cheaper".

Now, I'd never heard of Adam Hall at all before, and Googling (as well as forum and site searches here) have returned pretty much zilch. Does anyone use these or know anything useful about them? Are they indeed "better" than the MoPADs?

Any input is appreciated!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
James PerrettModerator

Loc: The wilds of Hampshire
Re: Adam Hall Monitor Isolation (ECO Series) -- anyone know *anything* about them? new [Re: Džoni]
      #996102 - 04/07/12 11:40 AM
Adam Hall are well known for cases and hardware. Since they use lots of foam in their cases I guess branching out and offering different grades of foam for isolation would be sensible for them.

James.

--------------------
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration.
http://www.jrpmusic.net

Richie Royale

Loc: Bristol, England.
Re: Adam Hall Monitor Isolation (ECO Series) -- anyone know *anything* about them? new [Re: Džoni]
      #996105 - 04/07/12 11:56 AM
I use the Universal Acoustics Vibro Pad, but I can't compare them to anything else. They seem to do the job and I used the spare pieces under my sub (not in the studio) and the foam seems to be holding up fine under the weight. I have the powered AE22s (in the studio), which aren't exactly light either.

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale
http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

Džoni

#996444 - 06/07/12 08:12 AM
Thanks for the input!

I've decided to err on the side of caution and go with the Auralex. To their detriment, Adam Hall have no real online presence or reviews, so I have absolutely no idea how good or bad they are.

Cheers!

The Red Bladder

Loc: . ...
      #996445 - 06/07/12 08:27 AM
No on-line presence?

AH have a huge website and have been selling acoustic treatment products for decades and are also the company behind several fairly familiar products and were once owners of Fane, Warfdale, and others and still own Palmer, makers of DI boxes, splitters and cable testers.

I have been buying from them since 1979 and they used to even do some MI stuff, including Ultimate Percussion and 3rd Generation. They now distribute Faital Pro, Eminence Speakers, BMS Loudspeaker, Audac, Neutrik Connectors, Amphenol und K&M Stands, as well as their own brands Palmer and Liquid Dynamics.

Džoni

Re: Adam Hall Monitor Isolation (ECO Series) -- anyone know *anything* about them? new [Re: The Red Bladder]
      #996467 - 06/07/12 09:37 AM
Sorry, let me rephrase: (just about) no online presence with their monitor isolation products.

This I say especially in comparison with Auralex, which has hundreds of (mostly positive) reviews.

Džoni

#996622 - 07/07/12 01:43 PM
I'm putting this on here if it ever proves useful to anyone:

I went to the music shop and had a look at both the Auralex and the Adam Hall. I couldn't perform an acoustic comparison between the two as they were both in their packaging, but the Auralex is noticeably denser and firmer than the Adam Hall, for what it's worth.

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
1 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor 
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 2828

December 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for December 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Blog | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media