Main Forums >> Recording Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Gelled_Fringe

Re: Reaper new [Re: tex]
      #428223 - 01/03/07 01:23 PM
Quote tex:

Well I'm looking forward to tumbling prices after Reaper upsets the market and blows the myths away. The lower prices will mean that he software is too cheap to steal so dongles will go out the window too.
If one man can do all that then I reckon any of the big boys only have 5 bod's max working on software. That's why all the updates and bugfixes take so long to arrive and 64 bit seems to surprise them so much after 4 years.
One famous company hasn't said a peep for 6 weeks now since Vista's sudden release on the market made them drop all their doughnuts and sploot coffee everywhere. I'm not going to advertise them, poor darlings.
I have no high hopes of any new product as they never finished any of their old product in 15 years trying and I don't think they're up to new fangled ideas like having good customer relations. They're just too old.

hilarious post, and ball-achingly on point

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
tex

Re: Reaper new [Re: marsnic]
      #428308 - 01/03/07 03:38 PM
Quote:

Why would a company want to produce a finished product when they can charge you for the next version?

Because it's a great way to go bankrupt while they're all out playing golf laughing at the dumb bunnies who bought the last bugload they couldn't be arrsed finishing.
Corporate yumour. Arf Arf. Until something like Reaper comes along and tells the world the Emperor is knakd.

--------------------
Success is round the corner. It's also round the bend.

Alphajuno

Re: Reaper new [Re: Koed]
      #428357 - 01/03/07 05:30 PM
Quote Koed:

To add to the portability question.
I went over to my girlfriend the other night and brought along Reaper on an USB stick and the latest mixes of our little private project.

Sounds intresting..

grahawk

Loc: Berkshire
Re: Reaper new [Re: Doublehelix]
      #428399 - 01/03/07 07:51 PM
Reaper looks good. Unfortunately I get no playback despite making sure all my audio and playback settings are correct.

maaszy

Re: Reaper new [Re: grahawk]
      #428459 - 01/03/07 10:17 PM
Quote:

Reaper looks good. Unfortunately I get no playback despite making sure all my audio and playback settings are correct.

methinks you are missing something somewhere. Check you have an output selected in master track I/O, also the tracks you are playing are outputting to master/parent or routed properly elsewhere. This isn't a problem I have seen on the reaper forums over the past few months.

mumblinstevedubya

Loc: East Sussex
      #428926 - 02/03/07 07:42 PM
downloaded Reaper last night.
will have a further look this weekend.
very easy to use so far, worked straight away.

The girl next door

Loc: Ex-Pat from Cheltenham.Now liv...
      #429715 - 04/03/07 11:40 PM
Also downloaded Reaper yesterday..We love it,Its what Logic 5.5.1. users have been waiting for...

--------------------
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic

pipelineaudio

Re: Reaper new [Re: The girl next door]
      #429740 - 05/03/07 02:30 AM
Please add yourself to the reaper users' map if you guys get a chance and are enjoying reaper

http://www.frappr.com/reaperusersmap

The Oracle Of The

#429750 - 05/03/07 06:20 AM
Hello,

I hope you won't think I am too weird, but.................

I have tried Reaper and like it a lot but there is one thing that really bugs me. I really hate the icon on my desktop for the program and the splash screen when it starts up. I find it creepy!!!! I mean, after all it's a picture of the grim reaper and I just don't like it.

Is there a way to change that? Apart from that, I think it's a great program.

Regards

Koed

Loc: Delft,The Netherlands
      #429839 - 05/03/07 11:56 AM
You can just disable the splashscreen in the preferences and delete the desktop icon
Without it being a breach of warranty or ULA.

The girl next door

Loc: Ex-Pat from Cheltenham.Now liv...
Re: Reaper new [Re: The Oracle Of The Frozen Fish]
      #429899 - 05/03/07 01:52 PM
Quote Astral Fridge Magnet:

Hello,

I have tried Reaper and like it a lot but there is one thing that really bugs me. I really hate the icon on my desktop for the program and the splash screen when it starts up. I find it creepy!!!! I mean, after all it's a picture of the grim reaper and I just don't like it.

Regards

Shall we also change the watershed of Doctor Who?? or Eastenders??

--------------------
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic

numnutz

Re: Reaper new [Re: Gelled_Fringe]
      #429916 - 05/03/07 02:21 PM
Quote Gelled_Fringe:

Quote tex:

Well I'm looking forward to tumbling prices after Reaper upsets the market and blows the myths away. The lower prices will mean that he software is too cheap to steal so dongles will go out the window too.
If one man can do all that then I reckon any of the big boys only have 5 bod's max working on software. That's why all the updates and bugfixes take so long to arrive and 64 bit seems to surprise them so much after 4 years.
One famous company hasn't said a peep for 6 weeks now since Vista's sudden release on the market made them drop all their doughnuts and sploot coffee everywhere. I'm not going to advertise them, poor darlings.
I have no high hopes of any new product as they never finished any of their old product in 15 years trying and I don't think they're up to new fangled ideas like having good customer relations. They're just too old.

hilarious post, and ball-achingly on point

+1

--------------------
Num

Jadoube

Loc: Calgary, Canada
      #430033 - 05/03/07 05:24 PM
Just to chime in with my unscientific subjective 2 cents worth, I played around with REAPER for about 3 hours this weekend. I did a little mix of the demo song.

First impressions were very positive. I really liked the routing matrix. What a breath of fresh air after Cubase SX 3's convoluted learning curve. (You have to use "Aux Sends" to group stuff to say, a compressor? WTF??) Anyway, I feel that the way the REAPER routing matrix works alone brings a significant improvement to my traditional hardware console oriented workflows. It's like a big old desk, only better! Less wires and the patchbay never fills up... :-) Is this really as great as it seems to me? I can't say. I don't have enough real experience with all the other fine DAWs out there. I can say I like it 100% better than the Cubase SX 3 way. (I am relatively new to mixing 100% in the box. I usually take DAW outs to a hardware console.)

I also enjoyed the wide open 'track' architecture with regards to plugins, eq, and whatnot. Setting up some templates could be tedious... but I will gladly spend the time to make things run the way I like... if things actually run the way I like. So far this seems to be true.

All plugins ran as expected... includes UAD1 in my case.

I heard some audio farts at the head of the track while mixing that were annoying, but didn't show up in the mixdown print. I didn't take the time to seriously track it down and debug it as I was having too much fun mixing. This would be unacceptable if I was trying to overdub on the top of the track.

Overall I would sum up by saying the application was surprisingly transparent to my work flow. That is, I could work how I naturally wanted to work as opposed to having to adapt to how the application wants me to work. That is very surprising and perhaps it's a quirk of luck... but I don't think so. Justin (the programmer of REAPER) seems to be aware of these issues in a way that appeals to me. Next weekend I will try importing my own projects and crankin out some mixes.

To conclude, I bought a license... great job Justin and company! I am very enthusiastic with where this app is headed and it seems more than workable where it is right now today. Folks should give it a spin and man, the price is right!

--------------------
David

Edited by Jadoube (05/03/07 05:25 PM)

MsM

Re: Reaper new [Re: The Oracle Of The Frozen Fish]
      #430092 - 05/03/07 07:27 PM

Hello,

Regards

I actually had the same reaction. (And much more creepy than either Dr. Who or Eastenders for me ) Good to see the tips from Koed.

Reaper seems like a nice DAW, from the short session I have tried it. Using Cubase SX3 now, haven't upgraded to C4, not sure I will.

M.

The Oracle Of The

Re: Reaper new [Re: MsM]
      #430113 - 05/03/07 07:55 PM
Quote MsM:

Hello,

Regards

I actually had the same reaction. (And much more creepy than either Dr. Who or Eastenders for me ) Good to see the tips from Koed.

Reaper seems like a nice DAW, from the short session I have tried it. Using Cubase SX3 now, haven't upgraded to C4, not sure I will.

M.

I'm glad it's not just me then. Though I discovered that you can change the icon and as Koed explained, you can disable the splash screen.

DrBob

Loc: Belgium
      #430513 - 06/03/07 04:54 PM
I tried reaper this week-end. I'm glad to report that it worked without problem with 3 UAD1 and 1 powercore element, the 4 of them in a magma chassis (PCI to PCI). The interface is an EMU1820m, on a P4 2.8GHz w/ G Ram and an ASUS P4P80 MoBo. I could go down to a latency of 10ms, with the UAD's filled to 85%.

--------------------
dB Studio - recording, mixing, transfer
www.dBStudio-Liege.net

Stevedog

Loc: Mercia
      #430518 - 06/03/07 05:00 PM
Just added myself to the official I use Reaper crowd.. Once I've finished my present project I'm going to see how well i get on with it, and if it is the one to replace what i use right now..

--------------------
nibbled to death by an Okapi http://www.soundclick.com/tubilahdog

Scottdru
Cool Dude

Loc: NYC: isle off the coast of Eur...
Re: Reaper torture test new [Re: Doublehelix]
      #430662 - 06/03/07 10:26 PM
Just a little update/news, for people who haven't been keeping close tabs on the Reaper forum. A couple of guys did some rather hardcore stress tests using Reaper on a quad core system using Pro Tools hardware for I/O, and also did some tests on the ReaMote system (including over a wireless network!).

If you're interested in further detail, the discussion is posted in this thread, but here is an overview:

Quote:

Ok, well, I'm a very long time PT user(LE and HD) and the other day MattP insisted I give REAPER a shot. I definitely tortured it all day today on my Quad Opteron rig. Pretty impressive.

-I had 600 tracks with SSL Channel strip on every track(buffer of 1024)and not a prob. 30% CPU left.

-I recorded on 165 audio tracks all at the same time with the buffer at 64(no plug-ins inserted). Not a problem. :-)

-I recorded a ton of different tracks of various media all in the same session. Pretty cool. I did all of it like FLAC(a fave of mine for years next to Monkey's Audio), AIFF, WAV, OGG, MP3 etc.

-I put a 60 track PT session into Reaper. These were consolidated tracks from the archived PT session. I was surprised how fast this session opened in Reaper. Pretty cool.

-I tortured ReaMote. I did the tests by networking my Quad and Dualcore laptop via firewire. This feature was VERY easy to setup and was amazing. Not that I would need to do this with the Quad. And again, with the buffer at 64, I had no problems. MattP did further tests with ReaMote and was able to get great results on a wireless network. :-)

Pretty sweet!

--------------------
Scott
--Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Stoney

Loc: London
      #430801 - 07/03/07 09:58 AM
Getting quite excited about this now. For 2 reasons:

1. The obvious stuff: functionality, rapid development, support, etc etc

And, possibly more importantly:

2. The "sticking it to The Man" aspect. I love that this isn't made by some massive corporation, but by a single guy (or small team) who are passionate about the same geeky digital audio stuff I am - And that it's blatantly going to show up all the corporate owned developers. It outclasses most/all of them already, purely in terms of providing what customers want.

Fantastic.

thedogboy

Loc: South Africa
Report back on Reaper used for compositional work session new [Re: Doublehelix]
      #430865 - 07/03/07 11:56 AM
I attempted to use Reaper for a session last night. I was trying to replicate the Cubase Studio setup I use for compositional sessions.

I run two Terratec EWS 8-in 8-out cards, to a total of 16 input and output busses (and 4 additional digital busses, which I don't use). The cards are slaved and appear as a single ASIO card in the driver. Additionally, I use 2 USB midi keyboards, and a midi keyboard and midi drum kit attached to the Terratec cards. The Terratec midi outs go to a drum sampler and an XV5050.

It was a relatively small setup: audio input channels for vocals, guitar, keyboards(stereo) and FX(stereo) and midi inputs for 3 keyboards, routed to a XV5050; and a Virtual Drummer instance.

I found the configuration quick to set up, but I found my playback exhibited a number of audio artifacts, most notably digital clicking on most tracks. I have not had time to confirm that the clicking is in the recording or the playback, but it appeared to me that the audio clicks were repeatable, and I therefore suspect they were in the recording. Other than the clicking, the audio sounded clean - there was no peaking or distortion.

Has anybody else had artifacts in recording, or should I try to diagnose my signal paths? I have never had these types of artifacts in Cubase.

-n.

Stoney

#430868 - 07/03/07 12:01 PM
Sorry, I can't answer that, but it does bring to mind another question: how is the summing?

Scottdru
Cool Dude

Re: Report back on Reaper used for compositional work session new [Re: thedogboy]
      #430897 - 07/03/07 12:36 PM
Quote thedogboy:

Other than the clicking, the audio sounded clean - there was no peaking or distortion.

Has anybody else had artifacts in recording, or should I try to diagnose my signal paths? I have never had these types of artifacts in Cubase.

I've not run into those kinds of problems so far, especially not ones that are repeatable, or that don't go away with maybe a change in the latency settings or something.

It could also come from a plugin that isn't talking to Reaper well. I usually keep the performance meter and one FX window docked in the Docker. If you go into the Preferences, there is an option to select "Only one FX Window at open a time" (or something similar). If you do this, you can hit the FX button for any of the channels, and the FX Window will display all plugins, etc. that are running in that track, and it will also display how much CPU the selected plugin and the whole track are using. So if you are experiencing stuff like this and it is related to a plugin, you can isolate it quite quickly.

--------------------
Scott

Dom46

Loc: London SE1
      #430954 - 07/03/07 02:05 PM
Ran Reaper for the first time last night. The wheezing old office Athlon (750mHz) I'm still using refuses to play ball with a lot of modern bloatware, but Reaper ran fine straight off. I was getting the occasional click and pop, but I'd guess that's just the shitty hardware.

Some people have complained about the "unfinished feel" of it, doesn't look very "pro" etc...I find this an appealing feature and will watch its development with interest. I've been considering which DAW to go for when I get a decent machine in a couple of months, and Reaper has pushed itself to the forefront in a matter of days.

Surely a lot of its efficiency and simple workflow comes from there being only one lead developer? What a talent.

Great steer guys, thanks.

Colin J Morris

Loc: Ireland
      #431000 - 07/03/07 03:37 PM
I also, with a tremendous amount of scepticism, downloaded Reaper last night. I re-recorded (as accurately as possible) a track I'd already recorded in SX3.

To my shock..

1. It took less time (workflow wise) than Cubase
2. It sounds identical
3. The plugin management is magic
4. The track management is sooooo simple
5. The docking feature is so sweet

I have a question -and this may already have been asked - What is wrong with Reaper? Because I can't find anything. Or to put it another way, what do you get with Cubase that you don't with Reaper.

This is eerily too good to be true.

--------------------
=http://www.colinjmorris.com

Stevedog

#431011 - 07/03/07 04:05 PM
Quote:

Or to put it another way, what do you get with Cubase that you don't with Reaper.

A load of attitude that it's always your fault when something goes wrong from the "support staff"..

--------------------

Colin J Morris

Loc: Ireland
Re: Reaper new [Re: Stevedog]
      #431019 - 07/03/07 04:13 PM
Point taken!!

Seriously though, apart from the well documented horrendous customer experience from Steiny, if the two products were the same price. What would sway someone who knew nothing about either company to one product or the other??

--------------------
=http://www.colinjmorris.com

caveman82

Re: Reaper new [Re: Colin J Morris]
      #431037 - 07/03/07 04:52 PM
i've been using reaper for about 9 months now. it's good to see it getting some coverage.

i used to dabble in making electronic music, but i'd never really finish much as i'd always get frustrated from failing to get to grips with numerous technicalities of the programmes i'd use (logic being one of them).

i eventually gave up with the electronic music, and reverted back to playing guitar. since i started using reaper, i use it polish up recordings from the rehearsal studios in addition to mixing down and mastering a few of my friends work. i think it's a great prog, real simple to use, and light on the cpu. great for the hobby recordist like myself and many others...

it's good to hear of a company with a short supply chain doing well, it's a great benefit for the producers to be closer to the consumers. i think their constant improvements, is a sign that when it comes to the size of a organisation, bigger doesn't always make better!

Scottdru
Cool Dude

Re: Reaper new [Re: Stoney]
      #431099 - 07/03/07 07:19 PM
Quote Stoney:

but it does bring to mind another question: how is the summing?

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6684

--------------------
Scott

Stoney

#431115 - 07/03/07 07:54 PM
Cheers drude.

Actually I take that back. What a cr*p thread.

I get the point though DAW Summing - null.... ok.

Edited by Stoney (07/03/07 08:09 PM)

MsM

Re: Reaper new [Re: Scottdru]
      #431119 - 07/03/07 08:12 PM
Quote Scottdru:

Quote Stoney:

but it does bring to mind another question: how is the summing?

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6684

The part of that thread that I cared to read reminded me of the Cubase forum.

Scottdru
Cool Dude

#431133 - 07/03/07 08:50 PM
Heh . . . yeah, I figured that was pretty much "nuff said" on that particular subject.

--------------------
Scott

Stevedog

#431149 - 07/03/07 09:32 PM
Scott that "Brunette" layout is the canines testicles deffo my default from now on..

--------------------

_Nuno_

Loc: Cork, Ireland
      #432399 - 10/03/07 04:30 PM
After a few weeks going crazy trying to learn my way around reaper I finaly decided to buy the license and use it as my only DAW. Coming from cubase the routing possibilities in Reaper were very confusing in the begining and doing simple things like setting up the multi outputs on battery 3 or just setting up a send reverb was very frustrating, but once you understand the logic behind it it all becomes very intuitive.

There are a few other things that annoy me, like the way the play cursor jumps when you click outside of a media item, but I guess I´ll get used to that. The lack of a wave editor is also a minus....

To me the deciding factor was really the eficiency of the program in what regards CPU resources. It is a night and day difference from cubase. A project that I could only run at 512 samples buffer size with a fireface here runs fine at 128.

It´s really a very nice program

Koed

Loc: Delft,The Netherlands
      #432437 - 10/03/07 08:43 PM
I'm also very happy after a couple of little test projects.
And I'm sure that the little things that bother you know will have dissapeared by the time Reaper hits 2.xx.
That's probably closer than you think

Keef

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Re: Reaper new [Re: Gelled_Fringe]
      #432448 - 10/03/07 09:20 PM
Found this thread which I will share.

To me the look sucks big time! No matter what "theme" I choose, it looks pretty lame Now with that out the way, it seems like a very nice program. I was even surprised that it can open and save Samplitude EDL files, even though the panning seems to be reversed. . A very nice feature since I'm using Samp Pro. This can make it a very good companion for location recording. A couple things i noticed immediately. The program starts up almost instantly. The navigator and Routing Matrix is very useful. However, there are quite a few features that are lacking that makes Reaper not quite measuring up to Samplitude Pro. Maybe they're there and I don't know it.

Does Reaper have object editing (or clip editing)? Can you take an object or clip and simply drag the level of that object up or down like in Samp or Nuendo? Can it go further and have a complete object editor like in Samp, where you can have individual panning, effects, timestretch/pitch shift, aux send, etc. etc. per object? Can Reaper, burn a Redbook CD-R Master? or DVD-Audio? Can you set markers on the timeline and export each section out as wav files? Can Reaper open up an individual wav file and act as a destructive 2-track editor? Can it mix in surround? Well I'm pretty sure it can with the Routing Matrix. Can it edit a file, even before it's finished recording? These are just a fraction of the features in Samp that's not available in Reaper, or at least not that I know of. I may be wrong. Reaper may be up to par compared to some DAWs but I still think it's got a long way to catch up to Samplitude, even though it does borrow a lot of Samp's capabilities such as being able to have multiple file types, sample rates and bit depths in the same session....very nice.

Reaper is definitely on the right track. Get a good GUI design team and implement some more features and it's en route to being a pro application.

#432449 - 10/03/07 09:26 PM
Quote Tootsweet:

Or to put it another way, what do you get with Cubase that you don't with Reaper.

My writing partner uses score editing/printing all the time in Cubase, it's a must-have.
No-ones mentioned score editing, is there any?

pipelineaudio

Re: Reaper new [Re: Keef]
      #432479 - 11/03/07 01:25 AM
Quote Keef:

I was even surprised that it can open and save Samplitude EDL files, even though the panning seems to be reversed.

Can you send me an EDL that is doing the reverse panning? Many samplitude guys were in early on and its working for them, but there's always something, maybe I can get to the bottom of it from your EDL

Quote:

However, there are quite a few features that are lacking that makes Reaper not quite measuring up to Samplitude Pro. Maybe they're there and I don't know it.

Someone must have forgotten to tell that to all the guys who left samplitude for reaper

Quote:

Does Reaper have object editing (or clip editing)?

Of course. REAPER pretty much follows the very quick editing paradigms of Samplitude and Vegas

Quote:

Can you take an object or clip and simply drag the level of that object up or down like in Samp or Nuendo?

of course: +infinity to -inf per event, pre fx

Quote:

Can it go further and have a complete object editor like in Samp, where you can have individual panning, effects, timestretch/pitch shift, aux send, etc. etc. per object?

Not as easily as Sam can. Check the reaper forums on this subject, its pretty deep and there are good reasons for this....BUT apply FX to Selected Items as New Take is a way around for now. However Justin is looking at ways around the disadvantages of per object editing as it exists in sam (such as ram use per plug, or barring that, the loading and unloading strain)

Quote:

Can Reaper, burn a Redbook CD-R Master?

Yes
Quote:

or DVD-Audio?

I dont think so. If this is important to your work though, put in a request, youd be AMAZED at how quickly things get implemented, remember this app is a year old. The coder simply KICKS ASS!!!

Quote:

Can you set markers on the timeline and export each section out as wav files?

Not sure, but you are welcome to hit s at the beginning and end of each event, control or shift select each event and then right click to open in external and youll have your exports

Quote:

Can Reaper open up an individual wav file and act as a destructive 2-track editor?

No, we figured there are specific two track editors out there that could do the job better, right click an event to open it in any of them

Quote:

Can it mix in surround? Well I'm pretty sure it can with the Routing Matrix.

Each track in reaper has 64 internal track channels so the plumbing is there. If surround is important to you make a request.

Quote:

Can it edit a file, even before it's finished recording?

Im not sure I understand the question

Quote:

I still think it's got a long way to catch up to Samplitude, even though it does borrow a lot of Samp's capabilities such as being able to have multiple file types, sample rates and bit depths in the same session....very nice.

Actually if we were to go by history, that would be samplitude borrowing from vegas I think The OG reaper guys were mostly Vegas nuts, the sam guys came soon and then the MIDIots and such

Quote:

Get a good GUI design team

Hopefully it will be more skinnable soon, but many of us LIKE the way it looks just fine.

Quote:

and implement some more features and it's en route to being a pro application.

errr... I would argue that its plenty "pro" as pro were using it in pro studios even in beta

but in order to make it more how YOU want it, you need only make a request and a good case for it. You are free to join the developers in realtime chat to explain better as well, the door is always open

pipelineaudio

Re: Reaper new [Re: ...................]
      #432481 - 11/03/07 01:30 AM
Quote Herewego:

Quote Tootsweet:

My writing partner uses score editing/printing all the time in Cubase, it's a must-have.
No-ones mentioned score editing, is there any?

Not yet, reaper is struggling a lot harder to adress the midi needs than the audio ones, but theyre getting there, however maybe you should read this, some guys have a score solution working with reaper, I dont know much about it

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2919&highlight=lily

tex

#432826 - 12/03/07 03:06 PM
Quote Tootsweet:

I also, with a tremendous amount of scepticism, downloaded Reaper last night. I re-recorded (as accurately as possible) a track I'd already recorded in SX3.

To my shock..

1. It took less time (workflow wise) than Cubase
2. It sounds identical
3. The plugin management is magic
4. The track management is sooooo simple
5. The docking feature is so sweet

I have a question -and this may already have been asked - What is wrong with Reaper? Because I can't find anything. Or to put it another way, what do you get with Cubase that you don't with Reaper.

This is eerily too good to be true.

What you get with Cubase is a lot less money in the bank for an unfinished untidy product. With Cubase you get unco-ordinated programming and support.

--------------------
Success is round the corner. It's also round the bend.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
1 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: ****
Thread views: 43122

December 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for December 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Blog | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media