Main Forums >> Recording Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
baron_de

Loc: Cornwall
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Studio Support Gnome]
      #274772 - 28/03/06 02:57 PM
just to say that known fraudster tomasl11@yahoo.com is on eBay again, attempting to sell Moog Voyagers...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Moog-Minimoog-Voyager-Analog-Synthesizer-Mini-Moog_W 0QQitemZ7402725607QQcategoryZ72447QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Moog-Minimoog-Voyager-Analog-Synthesizer-Mini-Moog_W 0QQitemZ7402731388QQcategoryZ72447QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Peter Conz Connelly

Loc: Tyne & Wear, UK
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: baron_de]
      #274797 - 28/03/06 03:46 PM
What's his general history? His eBay history seems good!

baron_de

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Peter Conz Connelly]
      #274810 - 28/03/06 04:23 PM
having two of them seemed dubious to me... so i googled his address and it turns up on a brace of fraudster lists.

one of the listings has now been removed by eBay themselves.

then there's the price... the fact that he puts his email address on the listing... FB is from sellers... and doesn't reply when i ask to pay COD ;-)

i'd say 'be careful'... no?

...bugger, have i just done myself out of a bargain..?

...double bugger, am i in court for libel..?

Peter Conz Connelly

#274819 - 28/03/06 04:46 PM
Madness!!!

demon dave

#274955 - 28/03/06 09:44 PM
seen this last week, thought it was too good to be true

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7401167074&rd=1&sspag ename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&rd=1

i sent an email to him about shipping costs and i got a message back directing me to email his personal email for a response which i ignored. then i got an email from an "ebay partner" which i never opened. then.. i got a message from ebay in my ebay account saying...

Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from downsa through the eBay email system (for example, you may have sent an email to this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member through Contact eBay Member).

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so that the other party can obtain your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to be cautious about the email you received from this member.

Please keep in mind, sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions. We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information on steps you can take to ensure that your transactions are successful:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/isgw-fraud-ov.html

Should you have paid for this item, please write with details through our "Contact Us" form found on the page below:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/contact_inline/index.html

Please select "Report problems with other eBay members > Fraud concerns for buyers > You paid for an item but never received it"

If you have paid for the item through PayPal, you may find the following page useful:

/csg/p?www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pbp-info-outside

Regards,

Trust & Safety Department

Now i see the item is back under a different name and location..........
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Digidesign-Control-24-Board_W0QQitemZ7402828577QQcat egoryZ23792QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fuji Ed

#274964 - 28/03/06 10:04 PM
Quote Conz:

What's his general history? His eBay history seems good!

His account has been hijacked and used to list fake auctions.

Look at sellers other auctions and see that a wide range of items, desirable to many types of people have been power listed for a 1 day auction. Scammer is trying to lure people interested into offline sales with his invitation to email him.

It's essential to contact sellers through eBays internal messaging system.

Also essential to look at feedback, selling patterns and current auctions when considering buying off anyone. If something looks suspicious, confirm that it's not before sending payment. There's lots of scams out there!!!

baron_de

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Fuji Ed]
      #275417 - 29/03/06 06:02 PM
Intesteting to see how these things "work". So it's a hijacked good history.

But good news! His buyer backed out and I've still got a chance for a cheap Voyager!

>Hello,

>I ended my auction early, since a customer convinced me
>that he will buy my item for sure today, while he had the
>money in hand.
>But in the last email he told me that he can`t buy my item >anymore. I don`t know what to think..but I reported him to >eBay.
>Are you interested to purchase my item for US$ 1600?
>I will cover all the shipping and insured fees. You will >receive the item in Max 2-3 business days at your door. >You must know that I have asked in my auctions to be >contacted in my email address because I am carefully with >my auctions since I had multiple problems in the past with >nonpaying bidders so this is not the first time when I >meet with this problem.

I will be glad to hear from you as soon as possible!

Best Regards,

>>I am interested in this item, can I have details of >>shipping to UK, please.

>>Also, I need to pay Cash-On-Delivery - is this possible?

>>Thanks!

...ho hum...

Forum AdminAdministrator

Loc: Cambridge
SOS Readers Ads Scammer new [Re: Studio Support Gnome]
      #277981 - 04/04/06 09:11 AM
Seems like quite a few readers ads advertisers are being approached by someone using the email address geo_willis07@myway.com and sending them a variation of the typical scammer First Contact email. See example below:

Dear seller,
I 'm interested in purchasing your advertised [your product will appear here] and i will like to know the price if is okay by me.if I can pay with a cheque drawn in your location. If this is okay with you do get back to me immediately for me to arrange the payment. Concerning the shippment, my shipper will come and pick it up from your location as soon as we seal this transaction. Do get back to me immediately with your Full Name, Contact Address and
Phone Number for me to instruct my client to make the payment ASAP. Hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards

Our advice is to proceed no further with such approaches and ignore them, or you might lose your shirt!

Personally, I would ignore any would-be buyer whose email contains reference to a "shipper" and then wait and see how they follow this up. If they are a genuine advertiser, it should become apparent.

Ian G

--------------------
SOS Trade Show videos now screening on Sound On Sound TV

Wotif?Chris

Loc: Derbyshire / Charente
      #281414 - 11/04/06 07:26 PM
Hi all,

I have this one too. Typical bad English, send me your address and I send round some nice peolpe who will save you on your house-moving costs. Yeah right !

Just a thought, if you do get this one, remember they do not know your email address as it is sent through the system. If you reply, you will be bombarded with mulitple "phishing" emails.
Also, if you are a PC user watchout as they will send you one or two choice hidden applications that clock your key activity etc to get passwords.
The apps are hidden in "document" files and on the PC they are hidden/ disguised, not so on the Mac as they are quite easy to see.
they usually look innocent enough, like "Here are those files you requested"
'data.doc'

Best advice is to bin all such mail.

--------------------
Producer / Synthisist. "Sound Engineers do it with special effects"

Conny

#282045 - 12/04/06 08:34 PM
can anyone with a more trained eye tell me if this ebay offer is authentic; it seems too good to be authentic... http://cgi.ebay.com/MACKIE-D8B-DIGITAL-mixer-custom-patch-bay-snake_W0QQit emZ6621571199QQcategoryZ50QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

--------------------
My other signature is funnier

Peter Conz Connelly

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Conny]
      #282183 - 13/04/06 07:53 AM
Quote connie:

can anyone with a more trained eye tell me if this ebay offer is authentic; it seems too good to be authentic... http://cgi.ebay.com/MACKIE-D8B-DIGITAL-mixer-custom-patch-bay-snake_W0QQit emZ6621571199QQcategoryZ50QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Best thing to do is throw a few questions at the seller like, "can I view /try the goods before I bid?", "can I pay cash and collect personally?", etc. If they refuse any of these, steer well clear...

I remember seeing an auction for a Fairlight, with no pictures, although they were available upon demand, so I requested them... They were pictures of a Synclavier (pics were actually from Synhouse a Sync restorer, who I know), so I played with the seller for a little while. In a nutshell, he was adamant I was NOT to see the unit(s) until payment had been made and cleared. He actually started to get irate.

Good luck!
Peter

bakup

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Conny]
      #283013 - 15/04/06 12:33 AM
this item has been removed early from ebay , beware of items
advertised from the bristol area there is a member of this mag with several items for sale in the readers adverts,if you want to read an interesting bit of infomation search for: Knowhere Contact uk: Mangotsfield, the person named here is we believe at it again,

Mark III

Loc: UK
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: bakup]
      #292455 - 06/05/06 09:58 AM
Here is an email I got today regarding an SOS readers ad I have placed.

Dear seller, I'm interested in purchasing your advertised Item,and i will like to know the price if is okay by me.if I
can pay with a cheque drawnin your location. If this is okay with you
do get back to me immediately for me to arrange the payment. Concerning
the shippment, my shipper will come and pick it up from your location
as soon as we seal this transaction. Do getback to me immediately with
your Full Name, Contact Address andPhone Number for me to instruct my
client to make the payment ASAP. Hope tohear from you soon. Best regards,

Looks like a message from here but with different text to try and fool, I'm certainly not going to reply, plus it's all to vague and pass the buckish..if you know what I mean.

Cheers.

necromunger

#294080 - 09/05/06 03:59 PM
had this on monday and told him where to go

john timms blanch
hi there,how are you doing,however i just contacted my client that the check was sent you 8am this morning with an error on payment,also i will like to notify you that he issue a check of 1500 pounds to you intead your asking 150,there was an over payment of 1350,and i will kindly like you to cash the check immediately you receive it and help have the excess fund send back to him via western union.i hope this is acceptable.Anticipating your quick respond.God bless you.

Telefonic

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: necromunger]
      #294399 - 10/05/06 08:51 AM
Did anyone see the huge SSL E-series on eBay recently, sat at £200 for days but sold last minute for £8000 odd. Love to know how the buyer got on, the guy had no feedback, it was a private auction etc etc.....

Forum AdminAdministrator

Scammers: close down their email account new [Re: baron_de]
      #295155 - 11/05/06 09:37 AM
We received this useful email from a reader, so we are passing on his tip to aid others:

Thanks for your warning regarding the cheque/shipper scam that currently operates. 1 day after placing my ad with you I received this mail which was then followed by the exact pattern you laid out. Having recognised it I contacted the MET as my local Police force and it turns out that there is some limited action that they can take to at least have the fraudsters e-mail account closed down (I realise this is small, but every little helps)

Potential victims need to obtain a reply e-mail directly from the 'buyer' (rather than through your site) and then forward that message with the internet headers pasted in to this address - fraud.alert@met.police.uk . Below is an excerpt from the e-mail I got from the MET.

'To find the Internet Headers you need to look on the original e-mail that was sent to you. I have attached a Web link which explains how to find them. http://www.johnru.com/active-whois/trace-email.html or if using a Macintosh http://www.mind.net/hpage/omacheader.html

Once you have found the Internet Headers you need to copy and then paste this information into your message to us. This then enables us to trace the origin of messages and then if possible close the Website or E-mail account down.

Please note that without this information there is little we can do to help stop this situation being repeated again and again.'

On no account should a suspicious seller give out home address details (even if they really want to see a fraudulent cheque) as this could lead to burglary and their goods disappearing.

I hope that this info can be passed on so that as many of these fraudsters can be stopped, or at least hindered, as possible.

--------------------

Forum AdminAdministrator

SOS Readers Ads Scam Alert new [Re: Studio Support Gnome]
      #307316 - 05/06/06 10:19 AM
The following email reads like a potential scam, and seems to have been sent to lots of advertisers in Readers Ads, so I'm p[osting it here as a warning to TAKE CARE. Personally, I'd give it a wide berth...

Dear Sir/Madam,
H & S International Limited is an european textile company.We produce and distribute clothing materials such as batiks,assorted fabrics and traditional costume worldwide.We have reached big sales volume of textile materials in the Europe and now are trying to penetrate the UK market. Quite soon we will open representative offices or authorized sales centers in the United Kingdom and therefore we are currently looking for people who will assist us in establishing a new distribution network there.
The fact is that despite the UK market is new for us we already have regular clients also speaks for itself.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US?
The international money transfer tax for legal entities (companies) in UK is 25%, whereas for the individual it is only 7%.There is no sense for us to work this way, while tax for international money transfer made by a private individual is 7% .That's why we need you! We need agents to receive payment for our textiles( in money orders,banker's Draft,check or bank wire transfers) and to resend the money to us via Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer.This way we will save money because of tax decreasing.

JOB DESCRIPTION?
1. Recieve payment from Clients
2. Cash Payments at your Bank
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
4. Forward balance afer deduction of percentage/pay to any of the
offices you will be contacted to send payment to(Payment is to forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer).

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
10% from each operation! For instance: you receive 7000GBP via Banker's Draft or money orders on our behalf. You will cash the money and keep GBP 700GBP (10% from GBP7000) for yourself! At the beginning your commission will equal 10%, though later it will increase up to 12%!

ADVANTAGES
You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to 3000-4000 GBP monthly depending on time you will spend for this job.
You do not need any capital to start.You can do the Work easily without leaving or affecting your present Job.The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become managers. Anyway our employees never leave us due to our excellent work condition.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS
18 years or older
legally capable
responsible
ready to work 3-4 hours per week.
with PC knowledge
e-mail and internet experience (minimal)
And please know that Everything is absolutely legal, that's why You have to fill a contract!
If you are interested in our offer, please respond with the following

details in order for us to reach you:
NAME
CONTACT ADDRESS
PHONE NUMBERS

Thanks for your anticipated action.And we hope to hear back from you.
YOU ARE TO SEND YOUR REPLY TO MY ALTERNATE/PRIVATE EMAIL:
sobat_tech_uk@yahoo.co.uk
Very Respectfully,
Mr.
President,
H& S International Limited
102 Broadway,
Cowbridge,
CF71 7ER, Wales
United Kingdom
Phone:447024022091
Fax: 447005808027

--------------------

Peter Conz Connelly

#307319 - 05/06/06 10:28 AM
I got this over the weekend for 3 of my items in the SOS ads column. It read EXACTLY the same for all 3, so looks like a scam to me...

Hello seller,

I am an engineer based in ireland.I saw your advert on the internet, and i must tell you that i am really interested.I want to know the present working condition of your item.Please do go ahead and tell me the present condition ,and the {least price} that it will be sold for. Get back to me quickly to avoid further delay in the purchase,as my shippers are ready to come for the pick-up.

Get Back to me Via My Private Email Address: engr_garry_roland@yahoo.co.uk

Regards,

Garry Roland

If he's genuine, then I apologise, but the email doesn't seem very personal at all and has characteristics of the regular scams we've all come to know and hate!

Cheers,
Peter

Forum AdminAdministrator

#307323 - 05/06/06 10:38 AM
This Gerry Roland has emailed LOTS of SOS sellers over the weekend too, so I would ignore such contact (any mention of a shipper and steer clear IMHO !!!!).

ian G

--------------------

Mr Sister

Loc: Dingly Dell
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Forum Admin]
      #307451 - 05/06/06 03:12 PM
Quote Forum Admin:

This Gerry Roland has emailed LOTS of SOS sellers over the weekend too, so I would ignore such contact (any mention of a shipper and steer clear IMHO !!!!).
ian G

Yes i thought as much,I had 12 ads in the SOS ad pages and i had an email regarding all of them with the same text from this guy,so thought it was far too hoky,given that he replied exact,when most people tend to be short and sweet when enquiring

Heres the email cut and pasted from my mail box,sounds remarkbly similar to Conz

Hello seller,
I am an engineer based in ireland.I saw your advert on the internet, and i must tell you that i am really interested.I want to know the present working condition of your item.Please do go ahead and tell me the present condition ,and the {least price} that it will be sold for. Get back to me quickly to avoid further delay in the purchase,as my shippers are ready to come for the pick-up.
Regards,
Garry Roland

===============================================

Fizmo100

Loc: Cheshire
      #307675 - 06/06/06 12:17 AM
I've had the same email - definately a scam. Not decided whether to string the guy along for a bit. Some people must be desperate to reply to what looks like the majority of adverts on this site!

--------------------
If I ever saw an amputee being hanged, I'd just yell out letters...

Forum AdminAdministrator

#307811 - 06/06/06 10:49 AM
Here's a follow-up email that this Garry Roland sent to another SOS reader who replied to his initial approach:

With thanks I acknowledge the receipt of your mail and the contents were well noted...I am happy the Item is still available for sale and price you placed is okay with me. I am prepared to offer you an extra £200 Extra to secure the sale to me, so the total balance to be paid to you will be £500.

I am actually buying this as a gift for a Neighboring Church in Africa for rehearsal an their upcoming harvest next month. I have already arranged with my shipper for a pick-up at your location after payment as been confirmed by you, I’ll handle the cost however. Pick-up will only be done when you have money in hands ok?

Please let me have your Full Details such as:
Your Full Name
Contact address and Post code including your mobile and home/office phone number where i could get you anytime i feel the call is needed so i can have my banker issue the payment {BANK DRAFT} to be sent to you as quickly as possible...

Hope i can trust you on this sales, cause i am buying here online for the first time and i hope it goes well for us...And also i will be sending more than the asking price due to the shipment Cost cause i will want my private shipping agent to come for the pickup of all my items in the UK...You will be sending the remaining funds to my shipping agent through via western union or money gram so he can come for pick up immediately okay !!!!!

I await your mail later today..!!!!!!!

Best Regards...........

Engr Garry Roland

Quote Conz:

I got this over the weekend for 3 of my items in the SOS ads column. It read EXACTLY the same for all 3, so looks like a scam to me...

Hello seller,

Regards,

Garry Roland

If he's genuine, then I apologise, but the email doesn't seem very personal at all and has characteristics of the regular scams we've all come to know and hate!

Cheers,
Peter

--------------------

Forum AdminAdministrator

Nigerian scammer jailed new [Re: Forum Admin]
      #308301 - 07/06/06 07:34 AM
The police unfortunately cannot follow-up every internet scammer, but (as this news story from the BBC shows) they do thankfully seem to be having a go and succeeding at jailing some of these scamming ba***rds!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/3594043.stm

One down, thousands to go... Stay vigilant.

Ian G

--------------------

Peter Conz Connelly

Re: Nigerian scammer jailed new [Re: Forum Admin]
      #308323 - 07/06/06 08:10 AM
Quote Forum Admin:

The police unfortunately cannot follow-up every internet scammer, but (as this news story from the BBC shows) they do thankfully seem to be having a go and succeeding at jailing some of these scamming ba***rds!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/3594043.stm

One down, thousands to go... Stay vigilant.

Ian G

That's made my day! Thanks for the link!

Kind regards,
Peter

Mr Sister

#309684 - 10/06/06 07:49 AM
Recieved another what i think is a scam,I had the same reply for 4 bits of gear(I apologise to the person if this is genuine which i very much doubt given the duplicate )I have ommitted the guys Phone number just incase,but seeing as the person used the same wording (apart from the **** which was where he mentioned the gear i was selling and the listed price)

Its got to be a hoax,this is not the kind of normal reply that you get when someone enquires (genuinly)

Anyone else had an of these???

"Hello, am interested in your ******** which you posted for sale on the internet. Do get back to me with the lastest offering price.i will want you konw if is still is good condition. I will be looking forward to your response.I can be reach via e-mail johnsonyoung_1@yahoo.co.uk or phone
Regards

Peter Conz Connelly

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Mr Sister]
      #310118 - 12/06/06 07:53 AM
That sounds like a scam to me. These scammers always seem to ask "latest price" and "present condition", even though you state in the ad the price and condition... Well, I do in anyway.

Cheers,
Peter

--

#310195 - 12/06/06 11:27 AM
A bit of advice here to avoid buying anything from either "Jarl Wholesale" or "Jarl Audio" on eBay (or the web). Although they initially appear to be UK based they seem to be a front for a Chinese counterfeit goods operation. A Sennheiser EW100 radio headset kit that I bought was shipped direct from China and turned out to be imitation kit with Sennheiser logos, badges and stickers on and not at all what was shown in the advert. I couldn't even see if it works as according to the stickers it is the wrong frequency range for the UK.

The company have not responded to my emails.

I have informed both eBay (no response to date) and John Willet - who is informing Sennheiser in Germany of this lot.

sywater

Loc: Da Elephant 'n' Castle
      #315894 - 26/06/06 03:58 AM
Anyone want a Roland MKS-80 for a bargain......from er, China

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROLAND-MKS-80-MPG-80-SUPER-JUPITER-RARE_W0QQitemZ170 001403165QQihZ007QQcategoryZ623QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quaver

#330686 - 27/07/06 01:45 PM
Pretty sure we got another Scammer drifting the Reader ads Received this Email today

Hello,
Having read through the details of your advert in the listing.I will be much enthusiastic in saying that i will be eager to purchase your "xxxxxx" at the reasonable retail best offer price of £xxx.Please,i will kindly want you to get back to with with more pics,details including the present condition and defects which might have been excluded in the listing.I will be more happy to hearing from you again and having the transaction close up as soon as possible.Hope to read from your prompt and positive response.
Regards.
N.B:I will be making the payment with a certified bank cheque drawn from UK bank.

johnmikel1983@yahoo.com

I apologise if this IS a genuine punter,but sounds too Hokey for my liking and very much worded like someone whos trying to scam its not the Usual sort of query from a genuine buyer,Anyone else had anything

baron_de

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Quaver]
      #330702 - 27/07/06 02:09 PM

Of course it is.

If i'm wrong, i would like you please to get back with me about this and will be happy to hear with you on it.

carlmeanwell

#337169 - 10/08/06 11:59 PM
Absolutely hilarious. I would refuse anyone business based on them being unable to use correct punctuation and grammar.

carlmeanwell

#337172 - 11/08/06 12:01 AM
I'm going to die a poor man.

chrismaaaaan

#350234 - 06/09/06 09:30 PM
I see these tw@ts all the time punting out fantoms and extremes et al for stupid money, why dont we all form a bidding cartel (which there are loads of anyway) and bid it up to 1,000,000 pounds straight away. Ebay ignore to a point but if they see regular occurances of said million they close down accounts if fee's dont get replied to as they are terrified of fraud allegations..

But if you are tw@t enough to think you will get a fantom x8 for £150 you deserve everything you get!

Lets fleece the fleecers, bid em up to a million+

Chris..

saxsmith7

Loc: United States
      #353270 - 14/09/06 02:07 AM
Another thing to watch for: check the seller's history. If it has been dormant for a while....

Danger Will Robinson....

I saw a Kyma and an Apogee up from an account that hadn't been used for over 3 years. You can't check their items to see if they had been buying or selling shoes, colored golf balls, or whatever.

(also watch for 1-day and 3-day ads...)

best to all... Steven

semtex1974

#355602 - 19/09/06 11:25 AM
I've recently been scammed by an e-bay user called name removed for legal reasons.So do not trust this e-bayer at all.I paid £101 for a cd player which paypal accidentally took 2 payments from bank for so I payed £202,then I was refunded by the very annoyed seller like it was my fault.I clicked the mouse once and paypal sent 2 payments so its their fault.The he refused to send me the ce even though I had paid for it.

Now after name removed ignoring countless e-mails me and paypal have sent him asking for him to send the cd player or to refund my money,he still has my £101 and is being given 9 more days before action is taken by way of the police.I have looked on e-bay and he has now un-registered from e-bay in the hope that he cannot be traced and will be able to keep the £101 of my money.But he is a verified paypal user so the idiot has all his details including address and phone number on the paypal database which means he will not get away with it and after 9 days,the police will be called by me pressing charges against him for fraud.

I don't know whether or not this is the kind of thing that this 'e-bay scam' section of this forum is for but if it is I wanted to make everyone aware of name removed on e-bay as being a fraudster and thief.

Semtex - general heads-ups are useful to alert other readers, but there are always 2 sides to every story and your comments may land you in legal hot water, and us, so I am removing them as requested by the other party - Forum Admin

This fraudster's e-bay name is name removed so do not trust him.The worst part is he had a feedback score on e-bay of 100% then ruined it all when he decided to steal my money.

We have been informed that you have been refunded both amounts, so your comments are no longer justified. If this is incorrect, get in touch directly with webmaster@soundonsound.com, but for legal reasons please do not post here about this incident - Forum Admin

Edited by Forum Admin (05/11/07 11:32 AM)

Mr Sister

#363794 - 06/10/06 11:38 AM
Seems we have another scammer trawling the Ads...but by the sounds of it,the scammer maybe thinks I'm selling a car???

Goodday,
I was fortunate to spot your advert on the net and I Like to know if it is still availabe for sale . if available,please get? back to me with the following enquiries: are you the first owner? any accident? last price? present condition? pics? where are you based? What is the reasone you want to sell it and made of payment is BANK DRAFT

cheekyjack

#363837 - 06/10/06 01:16 PM
Hello,
I want to buy Hypersonic VST, so just checked out on 'Froogle'...someone on Ebay claims to be selling it 'for PC only' for 10 quid.

This is so far off the 'usual' retail price I thought I'd better let everyone know, and ask if anyone else knows about the seller? Seller's name = linforddelivery91. Private seller, claims to have 20 Hypersonic v2.0 packages in stock, presumably new. Dodgy or not people????????

Cheeky

tomafd

Loc: uk
      #363842 - 06/10/06 01:27 PM
Sounds a little iffy to me- what with all the headaches we get with official software, in terms of correct drivers, updates, etc , I'd be wary of buying anything that didn't come from an official distributor/shop- you may end up with something that either won't work (and no support from the seller), or, worse, something that screws your whole system up.

I reckon music software is in the same state as music CDs- if you want more good software to be designed, or good music made, you have to be prepared to put your hands in your pocket and pay for it. Buy the software, and buy the music. Ripping off either software designers or musicians isn't going to help any of us.

--------------------
http://anotherfineday.bandcamp.com/ http://anotherfineday.co.uk http://apollomusic.co.uk

Sponge23

#364571 - 08/10/06 07:08 PM
Has anyone heard about these as being scams:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mackie-Digital-X-Bus-X-200-High-Definition-Digital-M ixe_W0QQitemZ140040147782QQihZ004QQcategoryZ22669QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mackie-Onyx-4880_W0QQitemZ140040151499QQihZ004QQcate goryZ22669QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im assuming it must be a scam because the prices are so crazy!

Anyone know?

Mr Sister

#371554 - 23/10/06 03:38 PM
Another Scammer

Dear seller,
I 'm interested in purchasing your advertised item,and i will like to know the price if is okay by me.if I can pay with bank transfer. If this is okay with you do get back to me immediately for me to arrange the payment. Do get back to me immediately with your Full Name, Contact Address and Phone Number for me to instruct my client to make the payment ASAP. Hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards,

Getting Peeed off now,This is the 3rd one this month!!!!

I stopped using Ebay because of these losers,now i use SOS as a more "safer and genuine selling place,and still get tossers annoying me!!

Can't the mods terminate there accounts????

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
2 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: ***
Thread views: 553379

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media