Main Forums >> Recording Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Peter Conz Connelly

Loc: Tyne & Wear, UK
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Studio Support Gnome]
      #849916 - 29/07/10 01:53 PM
I've just had an interesting response from a seller on eBay, selling an Emu Vintage Keys Plus. When I asked them if they had any pics, they replied "don't have pics...sorry". They're selling a SH!T load of music stuff, worth 10,000's. I was a bit caught off guard, I have to admit... so won't be making a bid on that item.

--------------------
Composer, Songwriter, Producer, Sound Designer
www.peterconnelly.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Peter Conz Connelly

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Peter Conz Connelly]
      #849939 - 29/07/10 02:39 PM
Quote Peter Conz Connelly:

I've just had an interesting response from a seller on eBay, selling an Emu Vintage Keys Plus. When I asked them if they had any pics, they replied "don't have pics...sorry". They're selling a SH!T load of music stuff, worth 10,000's. I was a bit caught off guard, I have to admit... so won't be making a bid on that item.

Follow up: I replied saying:

"OK, thanks for your reply. If you can be bothered to take some and upload them I might consider bidding. Thanks, P."

Their reply was... wait for it...

"I am not bothered"

My hunch would be they're dodgy so will share their eBay name in case anyone else is looking at any of their items: carmen7221

P

--------------------
www.peterconnelly.com

Peter Conz Connelly

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Peter Conz Connelly]
      #850151 - 30/07/10 01:01 PM

Follow up: I replied saying:

"OK, thanks for your reply. If you can be bothered to take some and upload them I might consider bidding. Thanks, P."

Their reply was... wait for it...

"I am not bothered"

My hunch would be they're dodgy so will share their eBay name in case anyone else is looking at any of their items: carmen7221

P

It seems this seller is far too good for us mere peasants, check their latest reply out:

"for a stingy 150 quid you want pictures...don't you want a HD movie with this rack? It is in very good condition and by the way...after playing it again...I think for this sort of change is not worth selling is it? So, it is not for sale anymore."

two words, arrogant c**t

P

--------------------
www.peterconnelly.com

Kwackman

Loc: Belfast
      #850238 - 30/07/10 04:47 PM
If you check out his auctions, in some of them he states he's leaving the UK for good in 5 days....
Not exactly confidence inspiring?

--------------------
Cubase, guitars.

Chevytraveller

Loc: London
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Kwackman]
      #850243 - 30/07/10 05:18 PM
Quote Kwackman:

If you check out his auctions, in some of them he states he's leaving the UK for good in 5 days....

Well at least that means we are less one tosser

--------------------
MBP 15", Motu 896, X-Station, LogicX, Reason7, Korg legacy, ACE, Alchemy, Emulator II, E-Synth, Obie-4V, Evolver MEK, Waldorf Pulse and Blofeld, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-S

Monotron

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: ainternational]
      #850431 - 31/07/10 07:01 PM
Quote ainternational:

This may or may not be genuine

Well, I just had this come through regarding an ad for an MS6:

> My name is Peter Chamberlain from Sweden...I am contacting you regarding your advert you place on website that you are looking for the above subject...I have it in very good condition and if still interested,Let me know and i will forward you details of the item and i will also need your shipping address and telephone number to calculate the shipping cost to your destination.My mode of payment is Via Paypal,Western union,MoneyGram..Bank wire transfer..Let me know which method you prefer and i ship the next day after payment has been receive..My phone number is +46704029617..Feel free to call me anytime for further discussion or email me back thanks and hope to hear from you soon >

These tossers must think we were born yesterday. I think it's always worth getting them to send pics with copies of your email or the advert next to the item.

ainternational

Loc: Amber Valley
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Monotron]
      #850435 - 31/07/10 07:36 PM
Germany, Sweden... Mr Chamberlain gets around a bit.

Was going to post an ad warning people to beware of him, but if he's so dim as to continue using the same name, maybe we'd be better off not letting him know he's been rumbled? What do the SOS people think?

ainternational

#850436 - 31/07/10 07:39 PM
Quote ainternational:

Germany, Sweden... Mr Chamberlain gets around a bit.

Was going to post an ad warning people to beware of him, but if he's so dim as to continue using the same name, maybe we'd be better off not letting him know he's been rumbled? What do the SOS people think?

On second thoughts, he probably only reads the wanted ads so I will post to warn others

gnarl

Loc: Northern England
      #850438 - 31/07/10 08:09 PM
Thank you for this post. He just replied to my wanted add for a GR33. After reading through the thread, I have not tipped him off and just replied that I had already purchased it.

The text in the post is exactly the same as posted by Monotron.

--------------------
Corridor Etiquette
I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.

Raystrack

Loc: Malvern, Worcs.
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: gnarl]
      #850480 - 01/08/10 07:35 AM
Thanks for this post about Peter Chamberlain. He has responded to my request for an SM81 mike with the same generic wording as your responses. There again if he is genuinely selling a lot, he may have a template - he included specs and photos on request

My only concern was his gmail address ( I tend to be itchy about gmailers) but when I requested photos he has sent them straight away and they're obviously taken with a mobile. The price is right and he checked post and shipping costs against my address.

I was about to pay via Paypal as the safest means but they didn't recognise his email address - not sure what to do now if he sorts out things with Paypal.

--------------------
Logic Pro X - iMac 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 6 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM - OS X 10.9.1 + MOTU 8PRE
Mac Mini 2012 i7 2.6GHz quad core 1TB+500GB SSDs

Guy7

Loc: Leicestershire
      #850482 - 01/08/10 08:22 AM
My advice is walk away. He is a scam. I have put a couple of Wanted Ads on the SOS site. On two occasions I received a reply from this guy. Neither of the things I was looking for were run-of-the-mill stuff. But low and behold, Mr Chamberlain had both of them!!

It is a scam. Do not give your hard earned away. I have been scammed out of £300 once. Never again. And believe me, when you have been scammed you feel sick and bloody angry!!

--------------------
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.

ainternational

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Guy7]
      #850488 - 01/08/10 10:16 AM
Don't do it.

He offered me a TR-808 for £600 (about 2/3 - 1/2 the going rate), with photos, but he referred to it as a TR-606. He also replied to my ad for an S1000.

If there's just one scintilla of doubt about an online transaction, it's better to leave it be: there's plenty of genuine sellers around and nothing's that rare that you should feel you must proceed (I've been trying to buy an 808 for 6 months now) - be patient. My 2p worth is that he'll get back to you saying there's a temporary problem with his Paypal account and can you pay by bank transfer or Western Union. My understanding is that Paypal's not that safe: you pay, the seller swiftly whips the money out of their account - Paypal can only refund you if the money's still in the seller's account (if someone can clarify this, I'd be grateful)...

Exalted Wombat

#850494 - 01/08/10 10:54 AM
Quote ainternational:

My understanding is that Paypal's not that safe: you pay, the seller swiftly whips the money out of their account - Paypal can only refund you if the money's still in the seller's account (if someone can clarify this, I'd be grateful)...

If someone wanted to take the trouble to empty his account and run every time a transaction was disputed, he could get away with ONE scam. Or there's the Chinese method of flooding eBay for a few weeks with suspiciously cheap memory sticks etc., taking as many orders as they can, sending out fake items and then disappearing. eBay's system might be able to get your money back, but really you have to admit you gambled, and you lost.

Hairy Ears

Loc: UK
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Exalted Wombat]
      #850527 - 01/08/10 04:00 PM
Fortunately you can get your money back from Paypal after a fraudulent transaction, as a while ago somebody got hold of my credit card details and used it through Paypal, but I got the money back.

--------------------
* Soundcloud *
* Bandcamp *

Peter Conz Connelly

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Kwackman]
      #850662 - 02/08/10 09:44 AM
Quote Kwackman:

Yeah, I didn't see that until after this thread... How blatant it all looks now, seeing that.

P

--------------------
www.peterconnelly.com

Peter Conz Connelly

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Raystrack]
      #850664 - 02/08/10 09:47 AM
Quote raystrack:

My only concern was his gmail address ( I tend to be itchy about gmailers)...

I'm a gmailer, it's pretty much my primary address... 'cos I can pick it up anywhere. I know you can with others but I've had this one since Gmail first started, so it's kinda stuck with me.

P

--------------------
www.peterconnelly.com

turbodave

Loc: derbyshire uk
      #850673 - 02/08/10 10:13 AM
+1 for gmail....don't be gmailist!!

--------------------
My head hurts!

vinyl_junkie

Loc: Kent, UK
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: turbodave]
      #850677 - 02/08/10 10:26 AM
Quote turbodave:

+1 for gmail....don't be gmailist!!

What's so dodgy about having a g-mail account? I would of thought the email of choice for scammers would be something like hotmail

Any way I always wanted to see a kind of star rating system similar to ebay on SOS reader ads, I have been buying and selling on SOS since 2003 and it would be nice if any one who never brought anything of me before would know I have sold and brought a few things and have many happy people who haven't screwed over or received dodgy goods...when ever I buy things I always have in the back of my head...what if? Although most of the time the genuine people you can spot a mile off well most any way

Guy7

Loc: Leicestershire
      #850679 - 02/08/10 10:31 AM
That said.......

I started a thread here relating to small Firewire soundcards. I received a PM from someone on this forum saying they has a Motu Ultralite I could have for free!! He was getting rid of loads of gear because he was moving abroad. He didn't want any money for it just asked me to give a bit of money to charity to 'keep the karma flowing'. I didn't even have to pay for postage.

** ALARM BELLS **

Too good to be true = usually is

I gave the guy my work address as I was weary of giving my home address away under the cicumstances.

Low and behold, a few days later I received a fully working Motu Ultralite.

You see, there are some very genuine people about. Unfortunately, there are more scumbags so spotting a good one is getting harder.

--------------------
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.

ainternational

#851273 - 04/08/10 07:31 AM
Possible scammer advertising on SOS:

I replied to an ad for a Pioneer EFX 1000 for sale via SOS: got a reasonable reply:

Hiya..Cheers for mailing about my EFX1000 unit. Still have it for sale if you are interested.
I have attached a few pics to this mail. Paypal is also fine
Thanks
Alan

The pics weren't great and alarm bells started ringing when I replied to an ad a day or two later for a very cheap pair of NS10s and found it was from the same seller (just registered on SOS)... He didn't reply this time and now has two further ads for a PCM80 and a TLM103 (both cheap).

Looks suspicious: have informed Ian Gilby.

If I'm wrong, no doubt he'll get back to me and I'll remove this post: in the meantime, beware!

benniferj

Loc: Camberley, Surrey, UK
      #861523 - 15/09/10 05:17 PM
Have a wanted ad up for an 01v96 at the moment.

Just got approached by a Polish fella trying to sell me one. Shame he used photos I recognised from a recent ebay auction. Beware the Polish contacting you at the moment!

You'll probably get something generic like I did:

"From: marcinmazur@polandmail.com

Hello Friend,

Hope you are doing fine..My name is Mazur from Poland..How you still interested in your posted advert..Let me know thanks"

The eBay auction that finished recently that he got the photos from...

Watch out!

kierownik

#864759 - 29/09/10 05:37 PM
Hello everybody!
Sorry for my not too good english. I'm unfortunately victim of scammer. I wanted to buy blu-ray OPPO 83SE and gave adv. in polish hi-fi forum. He sent me response that he had one but his name was Peter Chamberlain.

"My name is Peter Chamberlain from London...I am contacting you regarding your advert you place on website that you are looking for the above subject...I have it in very good condition and if still interested,Let me know and i will forward you details of the item and i will also need your shipping address and telephone number to calculate the shipping cost to your destination.My mode of payment is Via Paypal,Western union,MoneyGram..Bank wire transfer..Let me know which method you prefer and i ship the next day after payment has been receive..My phone number is +447024029617..Feel free to call me anytime for further discussion or email me back thanks and hope to hear from you soon"

I was stupid and I believed him. I payed money by PayPal. It was about 18 July. There was no such an informations in net about him, probably it was beginning. Of course I didn't get item and money back. He all the time was promissing that he was honest.
Now I'm angry more beacause he uses my personal name. My name is Marcin Mazur. I live in Poland. Mr. Chamberlain ( surely it is also not his name) USES MY NAME to find next naive people. He even created new e-mail address using my name. He only left his own phone number +447024029617. I know that I was stupid and naive and I lost my money but it is terrible when You see your own name using by scammer. I don't know what to do now...

Phil O

Loc: Scotland
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: kierownik]
      #864776 - 29/09/10 06:14 PM
I take it that you have looked into Paypal recovery procedures? Paypal is not like Western Union. I believe there are certain steps that can be taken in such circumstances.

kierownik

#864796 - 29/09/10 07:23 PM
Unfortunately it is rather too late. It is 45 days in PayPal for these procedures. I didn't find any info in net about Mr. Chamberlain when I was paying my money. He gave his word of honour that he was honest. Then he promissed to give my money back. I found different posts of him about one week ago. When I wrote to him about this he stopped contact with me.

ainternational

#893724 - 10/02/11 10:31 AM
Have had three replies to wanted ads in SOS as follows:

How you still interested,I have it still in good working condition and in perfect order. Good price is accepted, if you are interested in buying from me. Let me know your price as well as the your shipping contact address for shipping to your home. And i will get back to you with details. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
Alberto Jara
Calle de las Huertas 34,
23512, Madrid, Spain,

The first, which seemed ok was then followed by a message from:

jsantonio96@gmail.com

Thanks for your Email and i have attached a Pics of my items for you to see and still in great Condition and Perfectly OK,still in Great Condition and Reflexion Filter - approx size 390mm x 310mm x 200mm Includes adjustable mic-stand clamp fitting Packed weight approx 4.7 kg And i will be asking 160euro and i will need to know your Complete home address and phone Number to calculate the shipping cost to your doorste,thanks

The pics were generic ones from Google.

Beware this scammer everybody

Monotron

#898862 - 04/03/11 02:16 PM
Yep - yet another scammer here. I recieved the exact same email from jsantonio96@gmail.com. I (as I usually do with poorly written ingerlish emails) asked for photo's with a piece of paper showing today's date.

Silence...

Quote ainternational:

Have had three replies to wanted ads in SOS as follows:

How you still interested,I have it still in good working condition and in perfect order. Good price is accepted, if you are interested in buying from me. Let me know your price as well as the your shipping contact address for shipping to your home. And i will get back to you with details. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
Alberto Jara
Calle de las Huertas 34,
23512, Madrid, Spain,

The first, which seemed ok was then followed by a message from:

jsantonio96@gmail.com

Thanks for your Email and i have attached a Pics of my items for you to see and still in great Condition and Perfectly OK,still in Great Condition and Reflexion Filter - approx size 390mm x 310mm x 200mm Includes adjustable mic-stand clamp fitting Packed weight approx 4.7 kg And i will be asking 160euro and i will need to know your Complete home address and phone Number to calculate the shipping cost to your doorste,thanks

The pics were generic ones from Google.

Beware this scammer everybody

Kwaidan

#912897 - 07/05/11 10:24 AM
Beware of Eduardo Callado/Peter Westwood (seems to be using the same wording and alias names)

This one reads SCAM

Hello.

I am contacting you regarding your wanted advert, How you still
interested in buying this item.. I have it still in good working
condition and in perfect order. Good price is accepted, if you are
interested in buying from me. Let me know your price as well as the
your shipping contact address for shipping to your home. And i will
get back to you with details. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
PETER WESTWOOD
Passeig Vilanova, 58,
Sitges, Catalunya,
Spain

Collie

#913702 - 11/05/11 12:57 PM
Seems Mr Calado is still trying to scam,i had this yesterday through an ad I Posted

Good day how are you doing still interested,I have it and still in
good working condition and in perfect order. Good price is accepted,if
you are interested in buying from me. Let me know your price as well
as the your shipping contact address for shipping toyour home. I will
need your email address so that i can forward you pictures and
details+price once i hear from you. Thanks and hope to
hear from you soon. Best regards
best regard
C/ Camilo Castilla nº5 -1º izq. C.P. 31591
Corella ( Navarra ) Spain,
Spain

Eduardo Callado
e.calado123@gmail.com

Emmadiago

Loc: Canada
      #913807 - 11/05/11 10:10 PM
Hi everyone, I newbie and i very happy join in this forum.
I hope can be friends with youa all members, Thanks.
I like this thread many members very cooperate.

--------------------
"Welcome In My World and smile"

turbodave

Loc: derbyshire uk
      #913810 - 11/05/11 10:19 PM
de plane!! de plane!!

--------------------
My head hurts!

Mike Stranks

Loc: Oxford, UK
      #914035 - 13/05/11 08:11 AM
Beware EBay Trader: stageandsounduk. Real name: Roger Fauske. Location: Stroud, Glos. Also works as a music manager/agent and radio presenter in Stroud.

Getting a reputation for selling things, taking the money and then not dispatching the item and ignoring all communication. I'm currently going through EBay resolution with this person and hoping I'll get my (paypal) money back.

F-studios

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts.PETER WESTWOOD new [Re: Studio Support Gnome]
      #916764 - 29/05/11 12:55 PM
HI GEAR LOVERS OUT THERE TO ALL OF YOU WHO SPEND YOUR DAYS AND NIGHTS DREAMING OF THAT FANTASTIC GEAR YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE TO MAKE YOUR LIFE COMPLETE AND TO TAKE YOUR RECORDINGS TO ANOTHER LEVEL IM GOING TO PASTE A CONVERSATION I HAD WITH THE CON ARTIST PETER WESTWOOD FROM ENGLAND HOPE YOU ENJOY;)

REGARDING EMU SP 1200 REISSUE FOR BUYING:

Hello.
get back to you with details. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
PETER WESTWOOD
62 BLACKBROOK LANE
BROMLEY ENGLAND BR2 8AY, RH12 4DT
England

hi man nice to hear from you please send me some pictures of it and tell
> some details of it
> and also tell me how mush you want for it and also wich model is it?i get
> back to you sir during the day!cheers

2 attachments (total 44.3 KB)

Download

Download
View slide show (2)
|
Download all as zip
Nice working condition,works fine,very clean condition,all pads works
fine,comes with sound disk and power cable..it work perfectly well and
solid..there is no dent or scratch on it..Let me know how much are
willing to offer including shipping and insurance to your doorstep..I
will need your address and phone number for shiping thanks and hope to
hear from you soon

> Hi mannice to hear from you im going to be totally sincere with you !i got
> two separate offers from the states so i really would like you to give your
> best offer including shippingaloso i wanna know how long time you had it
> what shape its in more in detail what i understand its the screen that
> usually loosees its good finish for seeing and the pads loose their skill
> and feeling!Also wich model is this as there has been several modelsbut also
> is my main quesion what is the power line of youre gear in sweden is 220
> and also how did you find my ad i mean you in england and me in sweden;)
> if a good price is giving its really inresting comparing to from the states!
> greeting
>

Thanks for your email...it is 220V and i got your advert on
(BLANK)..my wife understand a little Swedish..The model 7030..The EMU
look clean and excellent..The screen work well and clear...I will be
asking 1200euros including shipping and insurance to your
doorstep..This is my best offer..if still interested,I will need your
shipping address and phone number for shipping and also payment via
paypal or western union..Let me know which one you prefer thanks and
hope to hear from you soon

>
> hej man listen up!now i tell you this if you put out the price of shipping
> and insurance and give be your price just for the emu sp 1200 and if you
> are willing to meet me up in england i could be willing to fly over come to
> england and meet you up the airport try it pay it and over the day fly back!
> how about that by the way i would like to hook up in facebook or msn that
> would be nice! then we talk more!cheers fike;)
>
>Thanks for your email..OK,flying to England is not a problem..I will
always welcome you anytime..We can talk tomorrow on msn..I have a
yahoo id..I will add you through there and we can have a chat..Hope
that sound good to you..Thanks

>also i have to ask why do you use pictures from ebay from a guys sp 1200 sale in the states?

I am online now..you can come online..i just buzz you

Best regards
Alberto Jara
Calle de las Huertas 34,
23512, Madrid, Spain,

PETER WESTWOOD
Passeig Vilanova, 58,
Sitges, Catalunya,
Spain

PETER WESTWOOD
62 BLACKBROOK LANE
BROMLEY ENGLAND BR2 8AY, RH12 4DT
England

YOU STUPID MUTHER [ ****** ] IF YOU TOUGHT YOU COULD [ ****** ] WITH ME
YOU DONT THINK I UNDERSTOOD WHO YOU ARE CONTACTING ME FROM NOWHERE AN
TELLING MY WIFE CAN SWEDISH HAHAHAHA
BUT LISTEN THE INTERPOL IS AFTER YOUR ASS AND WHEN THEY THEY FIND YOU THEY WILL RAPE YOU SO HARD PLUS EVERYONE
ELSE STANDING IN THE LINE WHO YOU TRYED TO [ ****** ] WITH THAT YOU NEED A NEW [ ****** ]!
TAKE CARE UNTIL THE DAY WE MEET UP YOU SEE ME IN THE LINE;)

Peter Conz Connelly

#923314 - 29/06/11 11:39 AM
These past few months the only responses I've had to my SOS Ads are via scammers... they're so blatantly obvious too, I just don't get how they think they can trick us into dealing with them!!! Has anyone else seen this trend or is it just me!?!?!

Cheers,
P

--------------------
www.peterconnelly.com

DaleSmith

Loc: Hull, UK
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Mike Stranks]
      #924240 - 03/07/11 04:04 PM
Quote Mike Stranks:

Beware EBay Trader: stageandsounduk. Real name: Roger Fauske. Location: Stroud, Glos. Also works as a music manager/agent and radio presenter in Stroud.

Getting a reputation for selling things, taking the money and then not dispatching the item and ignoring all communication. I'm currently going through EBay resolution with this person and hoping I'll get my (paypal) money back.

wow.

I never read this post before. I just had a problem with the very same guy. I bought a 15m snake from him. didn't turn up. 3 emails. no reply. I managed to track him down on Facebook. contacted him there. He said DHL had posted it to the wrong address, and he would send another one he happened to have.

I got it 3 weeks later. Was very close to contacting Ebay to get my money back.

SafeandSound Masteri...

Loc: London UK
      #927274 - 17/07/11 10:27 PM
Some forums have a sub title you can select from a drop down box when you post with a more specific topic.

If you had one of those on the forums i.e.

mics
guitar
mastering
etc. etc.

All posts could reside in 1 forum then the webmaster could add a "show only title : mastering" button for example, is it possible?

cheers

SafeandSound

Jennifer Jones
Web Editor, Support & Social Media

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Potential Scammer Warning new [Re: Studio Support Gnome]
      #931160 - 29/07/11 11:44 AM
This person has been reported to us by several readers, so beware

Good day how are you doing still interested,I have it and still in good working condition and in perfect order. Good price is accepted,if you are interested in buying from me. Let me know i will email you some pics and details thanks

Best regard
Jose

C/ Camilo Castilla nº5 -1º izq. C.P. 31591
Corella ( Navarra ) Spain,
Spain

Contact Me via Email jrramon6 AT gmail.com

--------------------
SOS Web Editor, Support & Social Media
Friend SOS on Facebook | Follow SOS on Twitter

Kwaidan

Re: Potential Scammer Warning new [Re: Jennifer Jones]
      #940297 - 12/09/11 03:27 PM
Here we go again

hello,Good day,My Name is FERNANDO GARCIA,if still interested in the above Subject,i will email you email you some details and price,

FERNANDO GARCIA SAS,
P.O.BOX 528 VITORIA, SPAIN 01080

Contact Email.. fg1736@gmail.com

Mike Stranks

Loc: Oxford, UK
      #942533 - 22/09/11 11:17 AM
... probably a "shutting the stable-door" job here, but anyway...

EBay Trader SHAHHEN ABDULLAH worked a clever scam with hookey audio software, but managed to issue registration codes that were valid for about six months... Box, CD, printing etc all looked absolutely OK. Also got 100% positive feedback!!

Then when the software stops working EBay and PayPal don't want to know as it's outside their 45-day cut-off. That also means, that they won't be after him for the money. Of course, he's "No longer a Registered Trader" and absolutely no trace through Google.

Apparently well-known to Acoustica, who have had numerous contacts (included mine) of the "Why is my software asking for registration codes?" variety.

Ah well... my first 'fingers burnt'/lost money in about 350 EBay transactions. The very few other 'iffy' ones have all been sorted through EBay/PayPal

wilzeckron

Loc: Arizona
      #948136 - 20/10/11 09:48 AM
Thanks for the warning guys!

Edited by zenguitar (20/10/11 11:02 AM)

Kwaidan

#971371 - 21/02/12 10:54 AM
Heads up for a new scammer frequenting SOSreaders Ads

get back to you with details...Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
AGUSTIN MUÑUMER
VILLA DE PLENCIA 10,4ºC,
LAS ARENAS-VIZCAYA,48930
SPAIN

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
2 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: ***
Thread views: 473701

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media