The government's UK copyright law site outlines the IPO and Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, the principal legislation covering intellectual property rights in the United Kingdom and the work to which it applies.

Main Forums >> Music Business
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
RejoicingVoice

Recording Musician Network starting
      #1018172 - 12/11/12 03:24 AM

Just opened today: The Recording Musicians' Network , a free, quality website to connect and collaborate on creating new songs. It is based on the concept of "track sharing," where recording musicians from various geographical locations are hired to contribute an instrument layer to someone else's project. Members can form virtual bands, post audio samples of what they have to offer, and browse other available musicians and project invitations.

A valuable tool for artists, producers, engineers, and recording musicians, from professional level to serious students. It is a God-glorifying atmosphere of non-denominational believers.

Visit RecordingMusicians.net to learn more & join today!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
narcoman

Re: Recording Musician Network starting new [Re: RejoicingVoice]
      #1018182 - 12/11/12 09:33 AM
shudder.

Dynamic Mike

#1018236 - 12/11/12 01:14 PM
Much like the Christian Minger dating agency, it's yet another example of selective exclusivity. No problem though, we already know who has the best tunes...

--------------------
Disclaimer: The views or opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the poster by the time you read this.

duesenberg

Re: Recording Musician Network starting new [Re: Dynamic Mike]
      #1018242 - 12/11/12 01:58 PM
Rejoicing Voice, this looks like a great site - praise be! I applaud your determinedness to create a forum for God fearing sould to congregate and share in the musical bounty of the Lord. I've just been browsing the Terms of Service as posted on the site - could I clarify a couple of things with you?

'This is a non-denominational network of God-fearing, Scripture-obeying musicians.' - This being the case, can you assure me that there is a mechanism in place for weeding out aspiring members who are not intent on living by the word of our Lord? For instance, I, for one, would be aghast to find after the fact, that I had been collaborating with a bluegrass viola player who bore tattoos upon her skin, contrary to Leviticus / chapter 19. Similarly, perhaps there is a way to ensure that members do not break the Sabbath whilst undertaking work sourced through the site? As a Scripture obeying musician, I worry greatly about this teaching being flaunted.

Any thoughts you'd care to share with us would be hugely welcomed.

GlynB

Loc: Lancashire, UK.
Re: Recording Musician Network starting new [Re: duesenberg]
      #1018257 - 12/11/12 02:59 PM
Quote duesenberg:

I had been collaborating with a bluegrass viola player who bore tattoos upon her skin, contrary to Leviticus / chapter 19.

Er, do you have any pictures, please?

--------------------

duesenberg

Re: Recording Musician Network starting new [Re: GlynB]
      #1018268 - 12/11/12 04:35 PM
Certainly GlynB - it's this kind of misguided interpretation of our Lords word that I fear I may encounter:

No doubt the bearer intended it to honour Our Fathers Son, Jesus Christ, but it is entirely contrary to the teachings contained within the Old Testament.

GlynB

Loc: Lancashire, UK.
      #1018379 - 13/11/12 12:19 PM
Christ on a bike!

I wish i hadn't asked now!

--------------------

oggyb

Loc: Leeds, UK
Re: Recording Musician Network starting new [Re: GlynB]
      #1018382 - 13/11/12 12:27 PM
Quote GlynB:

Christ on a bike!

Looks like a swearing T-Rex to me.

--------------------
Composer;
www.ogonline.org

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 3241

November 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for November 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media