Main Forums >> DIY, Electronics, Studio Design & Acoustics
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
tony_c

HR824 mk2 wall mounts
      #1018250 - 12/11/12 02:25 PM
Hi there

does anyone have their Mackie 824 mk2 mounted on the wall?

When I'm not mixing (ie when Mackies are not on proper stands) I want to have them wall mounted so that I can still use them for background music in the house.

The mk2's come with "omnimount" mount points on the bottom (a bit like VESA holes for display panel mounts) however the manufacturer of the mounts (omnimountpro) don't sell the part I need in the UK ( http://www.omnimountpro.com/Product/Audio_and_Security_Mounts/Audio/WB_Ser ies/60-0_WB/ )

Does anyone have any suggestions for wall mounting these monitors?

I've emailed the mackie UK distributor, if I get any good suggestions i'll post back.

thanks for reading

Tony

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
tony_c

Re: HR824 mk2 wall mounts new [Re: tony_c]
      #1021655 - 30/11/12 09:16 PM
i ended up getting 2 Btech CRT wall mounts from ebay, the mounting bolts on the bottom of the mk2s are M8 bolts..so I drilled the plates of the CRT mounts (10mm to give a bit of play) and bolted them on...will post pics later if i get chance

T

ef37a

Loc: northampton uk
Re: HR824 mk2 wall mounts new [Re: tony_c]
      #1021685 - 01/12/12 07:28 AM
Quote tony_c:

i ended up getting 2 Btech CRT wall mounts from ebay, the mounting bolts on the bottom of the mk2s are M8 bolts..so I drilled the plates of the CRT mounts (10mm to give a bit of play) and bolted them on...will post pics later if i get chance

T

I have my Tannoy 5As wall mounted (Maplin brackets) but did not trust the 3 point fixing onto my old walls (no matter where you drill at least one hole goes into mortar!)
I made up some panels of 15mm MDF about 300x400mm and drilled 1/2 doz holes for fixings and then spread "No Nails" on the backs before screwing them home. The brackets are then fixed with chunky 6mm thick selftaps thru' the MDF and into the wall...Ain't goin' nowhere!

Re-decorating that wall is going to be a headache but that's for my kids to worry about!

Dave.

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 2838

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media