Main Forums >> PC Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ef37a

Loc: northampton uk
Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Chaconne]
      #1031091 - 29/01/13 09:20 PM
Quote Chaconne:

Can I just say something on this that is not meant in anyway to continue somekind of 'war'.

I changed over to Windows recently, and surprise surprise - my music is just the same.
Anyhow, what made me switch is that I realised I am just not a Mac person. I tried, but the always needing adaptors - constant upgrade pressure etc drove me up the wall.
I like clunky laptops that have VGA ports, I like being able to easily swap out and get parts, I like it when old stuff still works and still connects - I'm just not the kind of 'always able to afford "you dont need that now" move on - minimal kind of guy'. I tried to 'i' my life and didnt like it.

Its the same reason you see windows machines in labs and used by hobby engineers - they are cheap, just as relaible once properly configured - and basically just tools - not necessarily lifestyle statments.

All I'm saying is, if you think you are this kind of person, there is no need to feel inadequate now you will be on the 'windoze' side of the wall. Just go with what feels comfortable with you - there is no better, just different solutions.

Yeah. If they are good enough for Sheldon Cooper they are good enough for me!
Dave

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Hugh RobjohnsAdministrator
SOS Technical Editor

Loc: Worcestershire
Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: ef37a]
      #1031103 - 29/01/13 11:28 PM
Quote ef37a:

Dave

Spot on!

hugh

--------------------
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Skerrick

Loc: Sydney NSW
      #1031112 - 30/01/13 01:06 AM
Quote ef37a:

Quote Chaconne:

Can I just say something on this that is not meant in anyway to continue somekind of 'war'.

I changed over to Windows recently, and surprise surprise - my music is just the same.
Anyhow, what made me switch is that I realised I am just not a Mac person. I tried, but the always needing adaptors - constant upgrade pressure etc drove me up the wall.
I like clunky laptops that have VGA ports, I like being able to easily swap out and get parts, I like it when old stuff still works and still connects - I'm just not the kind of 'always able to afford "you dont need that now" move on - minimal kind of guy'. I tried to 'i' my life and didnt like it.

Its the same reason you see windows machines in labs and used by hobby engineers - they are cheap, just as relaible once properly configured - and basically just tools - not necessarily lifestyle statments.

All I'm saying is, if you think you are this kind of person, there is no need to feel inadequate now you will be on the 'windoze' side of the wall. Just go with what feels comfortable with you - there is no better, just different solutions.

Dave

MACINTOSH: used frequently by hipsters in cafes.
PC: POWERS THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER.

nuff said.

--------------------
www.soundcloud.com/skerrick

hollowsun

Loc: Cowbridge, South Wales
Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Skerrick]
      #1031115 - 30/01/13 01:52 AM
Quote Skerrick:

MACINTOSH: used frequently by hipsters in cafes.

And top pro programmers writing code for various flavours of Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, embedded hardware OSs and so on, people who do this for a living.

Quote Skerrick:

PC: POWERS THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER.

Wrong again.

The WWW/interweeb was created at CERN by Tim Berners-Lee on one of Steve Jobs' NeXT computers which, of course, went on to become OSX Macs. Computers of various flavours are in regular use at CERN. But the very vehicle you use to vent your pet hate was created on what was (effectively) a Mac. Oh, the irony!!

I really don't understand your attitude and why you persist in trolling this 'thing' you have against Macs. If you're going to, at least get your facts straight first.

But if PCs give you a large hardon collider, enjoy!

So you you're pleased with your PC(s) and the price you paid for them (more than I paid for my Macs) - I couldn't be happier for you.

--------------------
Website / Music Lab Machines / Blog

Skerrick

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Sossij]
      #1031118 - 30/01/13 03:03 AM
chill out i was making fun of a stereotype - and youre obv a mac user, didnt mean to offend you..

--------------------

Skerrick

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: hollowsun]
      #1031119 - 30/01/13 03:57 AM
haha man chill out im not trolling.. everyone is entitled to their opinion, and i was giving mine to the OP. no insult/offense intended.
also, this price ting you speak of? ive been through it.. i got 2 pc's (desktop and laptop) each with better specs than the top of the line mac (respectively) for $2100 for the pair, custom made - i picked every part. (and thats in australian dollars - works out to about 1400 or less in GBP for the pair.. i doubt you got two or even one mac at that price... but to each his own.)
anyway, ill stop bothering you and hopefully next time we speak its about soemthing a little more relevant and interesting.
Peace.

p.s. were pc's really created and designed on macs? i think thats what youre saying, but theyre such different systems... i dont know the history, but i swear the systems and hardware were designed separately by separate people..
i dont know man, just doesnt sound plausible to me, but like i said, im not well and truly informed so im no authority on the subject.
have a lush day!

--------------------

hollowsun

#1031120 - 30/01/13 05:20 AM
Quote Skerrick:

works out to about 1400 or less in GBP for the pair.. i doubt you got two or even one mac at that price... but to each his own.

Ah! Right. Ozzie dollars.

What I paid for my Lab's 2 x 3GHz Dual-core Intel Mac refurb (with warranties) and the family Mac Mini comes to about the same as you paid for yours. Both go like sh!t off a shovel and satisfy everyone here. All the peripherals are non-Apple thus confounding the notion that you HAVE to buy into Apple for EVERYTHING once you commit to the brand - that's nonsense

Quote Skerrick:

p.s. were pc's really created and designed on macs? i think thats what youre saying

I didn't say that at all ... just having bit of fun that the WWW was created at CERN (home of the Hadron Collider which you claimed/implied uses nothing but PCs while Mac users are nothing other than style toss bags who just hang out at coffee shops) using a Steve Jobs' NeXT 'puter which was to become the modern Mac.

In fact, there's an amusing story there...

Jobs visited, Berners-Lee had his WWW demo all up and running to show but Jobs ran out of time and had to leave before he had a chance to see Berners-Lee work in action. But the web was created on what was to become the modern Mac!!

I have no argument with you, Skerrick, except when you put about nonsense. I really couldn't give a toss what you use - could be a Commodore or Atari for all I care (and I know quite a few who do ... still ... and master to cassette ... seriously ... and more power to their elbow if that's what they want to do!) - but please don't put about misinformation when (I suspect) you have no real experience of Macs and are just going on (similarly misinformed) rumours and misinformation.

Forums are wonderful things but they can be a such a source of silly, misinformed 'Chinese whispers' with a fair dose of "Send three and fourpence - we're going to a dance" (if you know that old joke/apocryphal story!

--------------------

Skerrick

#1031122 - 30/01/13 06:53 AM
i have no argument with you my man!
i have had plenty of experience with macintosh (keep in mind im talking at a consumer level - not a programmer level) and thus have made my decision and stick by pc, but like i said, to each his own.
im not 'putting about misinformation' at all. im recounting experiences and making observations.
what i meant about apple making their own market is that for example, they made firewire. creating a HUGE new generation of devices and connections.. but correct me if im wrong... does apple OWN firewire?
like, if you develop a firewire device; does apple get some of your profit because youre using something they've designed/patented? and although they arent always mac brand devices, for decent mac gear i always see larger than life pricetags (which more often than not is due to the material and design costs of making something to fit in with the apple decor, eg; brushed aluminium, curved, highly machined alloys etc)

anyway imma shake your hand and walk away from this one, cos im stubborn and im not necessarily disagreeing with you, but im not agreeing either hahah!
if macs werent good no one would use them, theyre good machines.. dont get me wrong.
theres just so much related jargon on so many levels that i choose not to bother.. but again, thats just my opinion/preference.
*shakes hand*
Peace.

--------------------

Skerrick

#1031123 - 30/01/13 06:55 AM
ALSO,
i wanna know more about those plugins on your musiclab site.. you make these?

--------------------

hollowsun

#1031126 - 30/01/13 07:50 AM
Quote Skerrick:

ALSO,
i wanna know more about those plugins on your musiclab site.. you make these?

Yes. Of course. Designed and sculpted here in the musty corridors of HS Towers (on a Mac, obviously ( ) but for PC as well)

They're not "plugins" as such but are for Kontakt 4.2.4/Kontakt 5 and you will ideally need the full version of one of those.

They will work with the free Kontakt Player (which isn't actually a 'free' Kontakt Player as such but more of a demo for Kontakt) but with restrictions, the most notable of which being the timeout after 15 minutes or so.

But if you have a full version of the most recent versions of Kontakt on your PC(s) there, please form an orderly queue

--------------------

SOS Technical Editor

#1031135 - 30/01/13 09:47 AM
Phew, I was getting worried there for a moment, but a warm rosy glow is coming over me again...

Can we move on to something new now... please?

hugh

--------------------

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

Loc: Manchester
Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Hugh Robjohns]
      #1031140 - 30/01/13 10:17 AM
Quote Hugh Robjohns:

Sure thing,

I have cue cards for analogue vs digital effect chains, summing mixers, vinyl vs cd or best flavour of crisps...

hollowsun

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Pete Kaine]
      #1031142 - 30/01/13 10:28 AM
Corduroys or moleskin trousers? That's the big question.

I favoured the corduroy but have lately been swayed by the moleskin (*). But they are equally jaunty and fetching, has to be said.

(*) They're not real moleskin for those of vegetablist and animal rights tendencies - it's a type of sturdy, brushed cloth

--------------------

robinv

#1031143 - 30/01/13 10:29 AM
Quote Pete Kaine:

or best flavour of crisps...

Did you have any of those christmas pudding flavour crisp from Tesco's Finest range over christmas? They were awesome and weird all at the same time.

--------------------
Molten Music Technology - Computers for doing music on

OneWorld

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Chaconne]
      #1031146 - 30/01/13 10:59 AM
Quote Chaconne:

I agree. I cannot think of any occasion when I have listened to a piece of music and been able to say to myself - that's made on a Mac/PC. But I can tell the difference between a Fender and a Gibson.

I suppose the Mac/PC issue is more important to engineers, but to, musicians?

I bought a used Quad core PC, 2 SATA drives 8 gig ram, Gigabyte board. Total cost approx £400, Totally reliable and stable, running Cubase 5, Reason 5, Kontakt 5

OneWorld

#1031148 - 30/01/13 11:00 AM
Quote Pete Kaine:

Quote Hugh Robjohns:

Sure thing,

I have cue cards for analogue vs digital effect chains, summing mixers, vinyl vs cd or best flavour of crisps...

Yep!

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: robinv]
      #1031205 - 30/01/13 03:48 PM
Quote robinv:

Quote Pete Kaine:

Did you have any of those christmas pudding flavour crisp from Tesco's Finest range over christmas? They were awesome and weird all at the same time.

No, I did not. How am I only hearing about this now?!?!?

They do sound rather interesting, if not rather wrong. I suspect I'm going to have to set a reminder for Decemeber now if I'm going to experience them for myself.

I've been mainly snacking on bags of Wasabi flavoured Tempura Seaweed over here as I've finally found a Manc shop that stocks them. Awesome, however I imagine my waist line is going up accordingly.

--------------------
ScanProAudio & 3XS Audio Systems
ScanProAudio Blog

Exalted Wombat

#1031239 - 30/01/13 08:12 PM
Quote ef37a:

If they are good enough for Sheldon Cooper they are good enough for me!
Dave

Sheldon Cooper has a PC.
Carrie Bradshaw has a Mac.

Best argument yet!

Richard Graham

Loc: Gateshead, UK
Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Exalted Wombat]
      #1031246 - 30/01/13 08:46 PM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote ef37a:

Dave

Sheldon Cooper has a PC.

Best argument yet!

I have no idea who these people are. How does the choice of Mac or PC influence the music they make?

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

Martin WalkerModerator
Watcher Of The Skies

Loc: Cornwall, UK
      #1031258 - 30/01/13 10:12 PM
Quote Pete Kaine:

Quote robinv:

Quote Pete Kaine:

No, I did not. How am I only hearing about this now?!?!?

They do sound rather interesting, if not rather wrong. I suspect I'm going to have to set a reminder for Decemeber now if I'm going to experience them for myself.

I had some Christmas pudding flavour cheese over Christmas - very rich, but still very cheesy

Martin

--------------------
YewTreeMagic

Skerrick

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Richard Graham]
      #1031287 - 31/01/13 12:32 AM
Quote Richard Graham:

Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote ef37a:

Dave

Sheldon Cooper has a PC.

Best argument yet!

I have no idea who these people are. How does the choice of Mac or PC influence the music they make?

hahahah theyre not musicians man!! ever seen the big bang theory?

--------------------

Pete Kaine
Scan Computers

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Martin Walker]
      #1031329 - 31/01/13 10:15 AM
Quote Martin Walker:

I had some Christmas pudding flavour cheese over Christmas - very rich, but still very cheesy

I had a nibble of that at a tasting session during the last set of xmas markets and concur, althrough I don't think I could handle too much of it personally.

--------------------
ScanProAudio & 3XS Audio Systems
ScanProAudio Blog

johnny h

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Richard Graham]
      #1031345 - 31/01/13 11:28 AM
Quote Richard Graham:

Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote ef37a:

Dave

Sheldon Cooper has a PC.

Best argument yet!

It has no correlation whatsoever. But its still by far Womb's most coherent argument against Apple so far.

The most pertinent point is the 'sticky' posts in the PC Music section. Page after page of motherboard model numbers, firewire chipset issues, bios firmware updates, DPC latency etc. If you enjoy reading that kind of thing then maybe PCs are the right choice. Otherwise you get what you pay for.

Exalted Wombat

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: johnny h]
      #1031352 - 31/01/13 11:46 AM
Quote johnny h:

It has no correlation whatsoever. But its still by far Womb's most coherent argument against Apple so far.

Yes, it does sum the whole thing up rather beautifully!

Quote:

The most pertinent point is the 'sticky' posts in the PC Music section. Page after page of motherboard model numbers, firewire chipset issues, bios firmware updates, DPC latency etc. If you enjoy reading that kind of thing then maybe PCs are the right choice. Otherwise you get what you pay for.

Oh it isn't THAT bad! Though any assumption that your music computer MUST be a laptop should be seriously challenged.

You wouldn't buy your main musical instrument without experience, advice, comparison of student models with professional ones, consideration of whether you want automatic features or not, price comparison... Yet for many people a computer IS their main musical instrument. Why are they so reluctant to learn to play it?

johnny h

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Exalted Wombat]
      #1031354 - 31/01/13 11:53 AM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

Quote johnny h:

Yes, it does sum the whole thing up rather beautifully!

Quote:

Oh it isn't THAT bad! Though any assumption that your music computer MUST be a laptop should be seriously challenged.

You wouldn't buy your main musical instrument without experience, advice, comparison of student models with professional ones, consideration of whether you want automatic features or not, price comparison... Yet for many people a computer IS their main musical instrument. Why are they so reluctant to learn to play it?

How far do you want to take it? You want to make a semi-conductor plant and fabricate your own processors? I don't. Like I don't really care how my washing machine works. As long as it works. I make music, I have shows, I have deadlines.

It wasn't always this way. When I wasn't signed I had all day long to trawl forums for the best value motherboard / cpu combination. Oh how I don't miss those times.

hollowsun

#1031357 - 31/01/13 12:13 PM
Quote Exalted Wombat:

Oh it isn't THAT bad!

I've always had a wry chuckle whenever I've bought some peripheral for my Macs...

For the PC, page after page of "Insert installation CD-ROM, launch installation 'wizard', follow on-screen instructions, go to XYZ, do this, do that, unmount, eject CD-ROM, reboot ... for Win XX, be sure to... " and so on.

And then there's the Mac section...

"Attach device to your computer"

--------------------

The Elf

Loc: Sheffield, UK
      #1031389 - 31/01/13 02:22 PM
Am I the only person here who uses both PCs and Macs and thinks it's no big deal either way? Once you're running a DAW on either it makes no significant difference!

--------------------
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Mike Stranks

Loc: Oxford, UK
      #1031401 - 31/01/13 02:58 PM
Although I worked in IT all my working life - 40 years - I was never in the slightest bit interested in poking about inside the beasts. A tool for a job was, and is, my approach.

I have always bought PCs - either off the shelf or had the current desktop custom-built by a professional contact.

... and everything has always worked first time. I've connected various audio devices, drives, routers etc etc and never had any problem at all.

On the other hand I have acquaintances who seem forever to be fiddling around inside their machines or 'tweaking' the deep guts of the OS. And their machines are constantly crashing, stalling, BSOD-ing etc. So when they say to me "Oh, you need to..." I politely (but firmly) stop then going anywhere near my machines.

Mac or PC - IME if you're not a 'fiddler and tweaker' it's a non-issue. Tools for a job...

SOS Technical Editor

#1031419 - 31/01/13 05:04 PM
Quote hollowsun:

In my experience it often involves entering some secret password or other and watching the spinning beachball for ages...

H

--------------------

SOS Technical Editor

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Mike Stranks]
      #1031422 - 31/01/13 05:12 PM
Quote Mike Stranks:

Tools for a job...

Absolutely -- my mantra too.

hugh

--------------------

hollowsun

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Mike Stranks]
      #1031429 - 31/01/13 06:16 PM
Quote Mike Stranks:

On the other hand I have acquaintances who seem forever to be fiddling around inside their machines or 'tweaking' the deep guts of the OS. And their machines are constantly crashing, stalling, BSOD-ing etc.

My experience too be that Mac or PC (don't get me started on how my ex-mother-in-law can destroy in minutes a Mac that's given solid 24/7 reliability for several years which I've handed down to her simply because she dicks around with it and breaks it! Never again!)

I have found two types - those clever things who really know their stuff and can really optimise their 'puters and those who dick around, poking around in the dark and end up with all sorts of problems and then wonder why it doesn't work! And/or, of course, those (typically PC types because there's just more of it about) who download every bit of rogue s/w they can lay their hands on .... because its's free!

That said, my Mac-switching neighbour never went anywhere near the 'dicking around' area of her PC and didn't download reams of dodgy s/w but was besieged with problems. Now she's switched to a Mac, plain sailing for her - she loves it (and I mean 'loves' it!).

But I agree, they're tools, horses for courses, each to their own, one man's meat is another man's Macintosh and all that. I prefer Macs; I don't like Windows - end of chat. I have no axe to grind and I am quite happy if someone's getting their rocks off on an old Atari or Commodore 64 ... and I know a few who do!!

--------------------

hollowsun

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: Hugh Robjohns]
      #1031431 - 31/01/13 06:36 PM
Quote Hugh Robjohns:

Quote hollowsun:

In my experience it often involves entering some secret password or other and watching the spinning beachball for ages...

Not in mine (generally) but yes, they're computers and not infallible and sometimes play up.

I know you love your TVR but I bet that plays up from time to time. But it's the car you like / love / chose so you live with it. Like everything. You could have chosen a cheaper and more 'sensible' vehicle but where's the fun in that? Overall you like the TVR experience and are prepared to pay for that. Fine and I am not going to cast judgement on your choice of vehicle or blather on about how you could have bought a so-and-so for less that has more options, is cheaper to repair and so on and neither would I advise anyone against buying one given that I have no real experience of one other than driving one once. That doesn't make me an authority on TVRs but somehow, some PC users spend 5 minutes on a Mac, don't get on with it and then feel qualified to (ahem) 'advise' people on their choice of 'puter. Which is arrant nonsense.

We'll have the same thing with the new synths at NAMM - people laying into the MS20, the P12, the Sub-Phatty claiming the MS20 doesn't sound like the original, the P12 doesn't sound like a Prophet 5 and the Moog's not really like a proper Minimoog ... and these simpletons will have played neither the originals or the modern incarnations!

Something about 'opinions' and 'arseholes' and everyone having one springs to mind here!!

As Harlan Ellison said - "We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions"

--------------------

Richard Graham

Loc: Gateshead, UK
Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: The Elf]
      #1031460 - 31/01/13 09:07 PM
Quote The Elf:

Am I the only person here who uses both PCs and Macs and thinks it's no big deal either way? Once you're running a DAW on either it makes no significant difference!

This. Exactly this.

--------------------
"if you don't have much soul left and you know it, you still got soul" - Bukowski

Skerrick

#1031488 - 31/01/13 11:47 PM
wow man i put down the sword and someone else picked it straight back up!

this is simply a mines better than yours situation and everyone has solid reasoning for making the choice they made. the belief system residing in your left brain is one of your strongest human characteristics and when your beliefs are challenged, the same chemicals are released in your brain that would be released if you were in a fight. this makes it very hard to change someones beliefs once they have been formed without solid physical proof etc. this will go on forever and ever and ever cos no one wants to think they just wasted $XXX.XX
take it easy guys, you all make great stuff and youre all very well informed. chill out

--------------------

hollowsun

#1031509 - 01/02/13 02:57 AM
Quote Skerrick:

this will go on forever and ever and ever cos no one wants to think they just wasted $XXX.XX

Cuts both ways and people will defend their cheap PC because they A) 'stuck it to the man' and B) want to convince themselves that they didn't make a mistake by economising and will seek all sorts of methods to claim that their cheapo PC is everywhere as good as a $4,000 Mac super tower.

This whole thing is futile.

--------------------

Skerrick

#1031511 - 01/02/13 03:32 AM
and vice-versa could be said about mac users, but hey, you guys are people too!

--------------------

johnny h

#1031559 - 01/02/13 10:57 AM
Quote Skerrick:

wow man i put down the sword and someone else picked it straight back up!

this is simply a mines better than yours situation and everyone has solid reasoning for making the choice they made. the belief system residing in your left brain is one of your strongest human characteristics and when your beliefs are challenged, the same chemicals are released in your brain that would be released if you were in a fight. this makes it very hard to change someones beliefs once they have been formed without solid physical proof etc. this will go on forever and ever and ever cos no one wants to think they just wasted $XXX.XX
take it easy guys, you all make great stuff and youre all very well informed. chill out

That's very unlikely to be true, Skerrick. Most music is extremely bland and predictable regardless of the equipment used. If you go back to the original post here, you will find it actually makes pretty good sense not to move to a completely different operating system and DAW simply because you had an accident and stepped on your laptop display.

I use PCs and macs and I'm pretty good with both of them so I think I can give a reasonable unbiased opinion. I think if you know what you are doing you can certainly get better value from a PC setup. But a macbook pro is pretty much the perfect music production system these days.

SOS Technical Editor

Re: Was switching to Windows, slowly changing my mind!? new [Re: johnny h]
      #1031562 - 01/02/13 11:18 AM
And since that has brought us neatly back to the beginning I think we'll draw it to a close. Thank you all... Would all the mac-o-philes please return to the Mac Music forum now

H

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 17164

December 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for December 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Blog | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media