SOS Forums >> SOS Support Forum
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
pa28

Loc: u.k. London
Editing Time-Out new
      #1033438 - 14/02/13 01:36 PM
I notice a shpelling mistook on one of my posts and tried to edit it, but it had "timed out" for editing, why the time constraint, as other forums I post on such as on my pilots forum and other music forums, they don't do it, why here?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Hugh RobjohnsAdministrator
SOS Technical Editor

Loc: Worcestershire
Re: Editing Time-Out new [Re: pa28]
      #1033439 - 14/02/13 01:49 PM
The editing time out on these SOS forums is 45 minutes. The reason we have a time-out is specifically so that posts can't be changed 'after the fact', which would affect other people's responses and especially later posts which quote an earlier one. We have set the time-out at 45 minutes because that gives plenty of time (in 99% of cases) to spot and correct errors and typos.

All of the moderators have powers to go into users posts and re-edit the content, so if you do find a serious error with a post after the lock-out period has expired, simply contact a moderator and ask them to correct it on your behalf.

You can alert and message all the moderators simultaneously by clicking on the black SOS button at the bottom of every individual post.

hugh

--------------------
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

pa28

Loc: u.k. London
Re: Editing Time-Out new [Re: Hugh Robjohns]
      #1033440 - 14/02/13 01:55 PM
Thanks for that Hugh, it's not a major problem, but as you have explained if it was, then it can be sorted.

ConcertinaChap

Loc: Bradford on Avon
Re: Editing Time-Out [Re: Hugh Robjohns]
      #1034000 - 18/02/13 09:45 PM
Useful information to know, thanks Hugh. I'd worked out that something like this was going on but it's useful to know the actual time period involved. Could it be added to the FAQ?

Apropos of which some parts of the FAQ are now well out of date, for instance "What is the text that appears below my Username/avatar image in SOS Forum posts?". That should now read "It's something some people have by the luck of the draw and the whim of higher beings. Don't worry about it'"

CC

--------------------
Back away from the concertina and no-one gets hurt
Mr Punch's Studio

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  zenguitar, Martin Walker, SOS News Editor 
Forum Permissions
      You can start new topics
      You can reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 2024

August 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for August 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media