Main Forums >> Recording Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
gipsiad

DJ Audio interface new
      #343594 - 24/08/06 03:05 PM
Are there any other audio interfaces to turn the computer you are using into turntables. I keep seeing the hucules and have done a search for DJ audio interface but have only found the one there must be more out there, there loads of software.
If not are there ways to turn the computer itself into a 2 channel mixer with two audio outs one being the main mix and two being the headphone moniter?
If you know please let me know.
Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
damo.c

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: DJ Audio interface new [Re: gipsiad]
      #343603 - 24/08/06 03:16 PM
Have a look at this. May be just what you want. M Audio Conectiv
I'ts new so I've never tried it myself. If you just want outputs and be able to use a seperate mixer, I use one of these, Firewire Audiophile. It's bus powered, has six outs and is dead reliable.

DARK

Re: DJ Audio interface new [Re: gipsiad]
      #343607 - 24/08/06 03:21 PM
my brother has the hercules and i dont think its an interface but just a controller.........
i think there is a better "pro" model that might have an interface on it but not sure anyway .............regardless there are much better ones.....

if you wana control software like trakto or ableton then the very thing is reviewd in this months mag http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep06/articles/allenheathxone.htm

if you dont mind djing with a mouse then you dont need a controller and any 2in/out interface will do i think and you just need to buy a hardware mixer(most programs have a mixer built in so you could use that)

personally i use serato scratch.......i think its amazing you can go wrong with 2 euro a song and perfect vinyl control(it really is perfect) and their new ttm57sl http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/rane/ttm57 is looking even better

--------------------
alienware area51m7700 3ghz 2gb(so loud but so powerful) cubase sx3, reason3, soundforge, motu 896hd interface

Big_al

Re: DJ Audio interface [Re: gipsiad]
      #343824 - 24/08/06 11:07 PM
Is this what your looking for?

http://www.behringer.com/BCD2000/

--------------------
www.thinkootb.com

gipsiad

Re: DJ Audio interface new [Re: Big_al]
      #344578 - 26/08/06 02:24 PM
wow!!

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 1915

December 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for December 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Blog | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media