Main Forums >> Mac Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Studio Support Gnome
Not so Miserable Git

Loc: UK *but works all over the pl...
Re: Logic 7.2 upgrade - the last word? In response to Paul Dickin. new [Re: jrbcm]
      #502162 - 14/08/07 11:51 PM
Yeah, I live in a world where people expect me to READ the manual.

servicing a number of , what might be best described as "your competitors" in terms of studio support and tech services......

not one of whom missed out on the upgrade....... without me having to chase them about it....

go figure.

--------------------
Don't get the hump when i tell you it's going to be expensive, it's not my fault , you picked the site/building/room â

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
jrbcm

Re: Logic 7.2 upgrade - the last word? In response to Paul Dickin. new [Re: MD_BANNED]
      #502168 - 15/08/07 12:19 AM
Max, you said that one HAS to sign up for email notifications. Well, as I said before, I HAVE a registered legit copy of Logic (bought at v.7), so how come I get no emails from Apple?

Shedua 511

Re: Logic 7.2 upgrade - the last word? In response to Paul Dickin. new [Re: jrbcm]
      #502195 - 15/08/07 05:42 AM
Quote jrbcm:

Max, you said that one HAS to sign up for email notifications. Well, as I said before, I HAVE a registered legit copy of Logic (bought at v.7), so how come I get no emails from Apple?

I second that. IK MUltimedia, Synthogy, Native Instruments and other producers of software I own do send the occasional spam but they also make sure to let me know when new software is avaialble.
I'm aware that the software update is part of OSX but all I recieve from Apple is pure junk. Seriously, I don't think I ever recieved a post of interest and even the announcements for new hardware are +/- a week after it happened on their site.
Seminars and demonstration are also something that I have to find out about by regularly going to Apple stores and see if there are any leaflets about activities (leaflets made of paper! In 2007...) since they fail to let me know of relevant activities in my area.
I really like the Apple hardware and software in general (I've bought some rotten apples from time to time, but tstill...) and I have positive experience with customer service, but the mailing list is a waste of my time!

--------------------
Ciao, Francesco, Oslo, Norway

Studio Support Gnome
Not so Miserable Git

Loc: UK *but works all over the pl...
Re: Logic 7.2 upgrade - the last word? In response to Paul Dickin. [Re: Shedua 511]
      #502298 - 15/08/07 09:37 AM
a possible solution.

FROM THE APPLE LOGIC SUPPORT FORUM

Quote:

Re: I can't find Logic Pro 7.2 Crossgrade
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 12:08 PM

I also had someone on the phone today from the support department. If you give them your support ID, which is on the original box, they send you a copy of the crossgrade. I had to pay 65 E for this. It's the same as if you would report the loss of the disc.....

It would seem that you need to call Support NOT Apple store, NOT sales, NOT anything else.....

and should then be able to obtain the upgrade at something resembling the original price...

although how long for is anybody's guess.

--------------------
Don't get the hump when i tell you it's going to be expensive, it's not my fault , you picked the site/building/room â

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: *****
Thread views: 12075

September 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for September 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media