Main Forums >> Apps and Other Computers/OS
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
David EtheridgeModerator

Atari Music.net
      #785434 - 07/11/09 09:28 AM
Hi folks,
regular Atari watchers will have noticed that I removed the posting on AtariMusic.net recently; this was because some ***** decided to hack into and delete the entire site.
However, Donovan (the guy behind the site) is not so easily put off, and it's back on track.

Here the latest news from Donovan:

On Jan 1st, 2010 a fabulous social networking portal dedicated to Atari based musicians opens at http://www.AtariMusic.net. The Atari Music Network will unite and support the numerous Atari based musicians and music software developers scattered around the world into one global community. Users will find updated news, product reviews, software downloads, instant worldwide Ebay power searches, and featured articles about outstanding 'active' Atari music community members. If you use Atari for composing or sequencing using MIDI, chiptuning with the YM2149, or even circuit bending with synthcart and the 2600 game console , you will find something relevant to your art here. By joining www.AtariMusic.net, you are helping to encourage and support the remaining Atari hardware and software developers to update their products or place their abandoned commercial software into the public domain. The Atari Music Network will also archive and preserve any and all Atari music software for years to come. Excited? You can join the Atari Music Network before it's official launch by joining the Facebook Group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=205513878661 and by becoming a Fan on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atari-Music-Network/194030228974[/url] Both the Facebook Page and Group will become integrated components within the Atari Music Network domain! So don't forget to bookmark http://www.AtariMusic.net for Jan 1, 2010! Spread the word! - Donovan

Now normally I wouldn't include links to Facebook for obvious reasons, but this is all about Atarians connecting with each other PLUS having a failsafe against the site beign hacked and deleted again.
(Obviously someone out there feels threatened by the prosepct of an Atari revival?
)

See you there soon,
Best wishes,

Dave.

--------------------
Lots of Ataris which keep on going, 12 Kurzweil 1000 modules, a bunch of hardware synths. Still recording to tape -the old ways are best.....

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
David EtheridgeModerator

Re: Atari Music.net new [Re: David Etheridge]
      #800020 - 02/01/10 08:53 AM
Hi again folks and a happy new year!
AtariMusic. net went live yesterday and here's the latest pres release from Donovan, the man behind the site:

From sequencing Tangerine Dream concerts in the 80's to tearing up the dance floors at the 2010 Blip Fest, Atari's reputation as a music monster machine has persisted for a quarter of a century. The secret behind its success is clear: Atari was perfect from the beginning – it didn't need to change. For MIDI enthusiasts, the Atari was and still is the ultimate bridge between man, music, and machine. For chip musicians, the Atari's untapped, sonic color palette has yet to fill the canvas of 8-bit pop. The Atari Music Network strives to be at the forefront of the Vintage Digital Music Revolution.

The Atari Music Network (AMN) aims to:

• Stimulate social networking between Atari musicians and developers on AMN's ♫ Official Forum, Facebook Group, and Twitter.
• Encourage Atari developers to update, market, and resell ex-commercial Atari software or release it into the public domain.
• Provide free promotion and dedicated profile pages for musicians and developers to promote their albums, events, and news.
• Advocate and sponsor Atari based musicians in the MIDI & 8-bit music scene.
• Catalog and review all known Atari music software and hardware.
• Collect and offer hard to find Atari warez (abandonware only).
• Collect and offer sysex sound banks and software utilities for MIDI synths.
• Provide automated worldwide Ebay power searches for popular Atari products.

(MAIN SITE) http://www.atarimusic.net
(FORUM) http://www.atarimusic.net/atari-music-network
(FACEBOOK) http://www.atarimusic.net/index.php/network/facebook-group
(TWITTER) https://twitter.com/AtariMusicNet

Go and have a look now and sign up -the more Atarians come on board the better for us all!

See you there soon,
Best wishes,
Dave.

--------------------
Lots of Ataris which keep on going, 12 Kurzweil 1000 modules, a bunch of hardware synths. Still recording to tape -the old ways are best.....

Edited by David Etheridge (16/02/10 07:38 AM)

Neo-Classical Guitar...

Loc: Bradford, West Yorkshire
      #800116 - 02/01/10 03:52 PM
I signed up yesterday and was very impressed. I'll certainly contribute whenever I am able to and I wish the site every success.

NCGM

--------------------
Footloose and fancy free...gizz a job!

mal7921

Loc: Huddersfield U.K.
Re: Atari Music.net new [Re: Neo-Classical Guitar Man]
      #814807 - 25/02/10 09:10 PM
I'm there now too.

As an added bonus, I set up my Falcon's this week in the studio with Cubase Audio and Logic. All the MIDI gear has now been moved from the iMac onto the Cubase Audio Falcon, with another smaller setup going on the Logic Falcon in the near(ish) future.

It's been a long time coming, but it's good to be back home on an Atari or two again

--------------------
The website and the Atari bit

AtariMusic.Net

#829794 - 26/04/10 07:48 PM
Updates from AMN
--------------------------

Are you a chiptune and/or vintage MIDI synth musician?

Introducing AMN Live!

AMN Live! is a free, professional publishing tool designed to help you promote your 8-bit chiptune or vintage MIDI synth music to a targeted, global audience. Within minutes, you can create an artist's profile and begin adding albums and songs for others to listen, rate and comment on. You can include cover art, profile pics, and discography data as well as written reviews, lyrics and chords for every song you add! You can even associate your music with other registered artists for cross-promotion and collaborative projects.

AMN Live! was designed to get your music heard and appreciated! That's why AMN Live! integrates social bookmarking with Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and many other major sites. There's also built-in SEO tools to help search engines index and rank your content higher.

Even though the service is free, the Atari Music Network is the only chiptune and vintage MIDI community that pays out of pocket for Facebook and Google ads – so your music has a much better chance of getting noticed!... See More

You don't have to be an Atari user to join either! The Atari Music Network welcomes chiptune and MIDI musicians from the Commodore, Amiga, Spectrum, Nintendo, PC, and Mac communities to join!

Join the Revolution of Vintage Digital Music!

http://www.atarimusic.net/

--------------------
Creator of the Atari Music Network http://www.atarimusic.net

David EtheridgeModerator

#836388 - 27/05/10 05:23 PM
Hi folks,
it's all a bit confusing at the moment, as AMN appears to have disappeared from the face of the planet.
I'm trying to find out what's happened, and as soon as I get any more info, I'll let you know.

Dave (in investigative mode).

--------------------

mal7921

#837657 - 02/06/10 06:25 PM
I managed to get in touch with Donovan last night and am looking to try and give the site another chance at life. This isn't going to be easy though.

I've been offered the code and contents to upload and use, and am looking at a number of options.

More info at Atari-forum.com (And here when I know more).

--------------------

David EtheridgeModerator

Re: Atari Music.net new [Re: mal7921]
      #842186 - 24/06/10 04:11 PM
Well folks,
much to my surprise I've found a working AMN link:
http://www.atarimusic.net/atari-music-network/

and it all seems to be there, but I don't know how active it's been recently.
Hope this helps,
Best wishes,
Dave.

--------------------

mal7921

#843731 - 02/07/10 11:38 AM
Atari Music Network is now back online and at the usual address (www.atarimusic.net).

It's been a while in coming (Back), but it's here at last. Everything comes to those who wait...

--------------------

David EtheridgeModerator

Re: Atari Music.net new [Re: mal7921]
      #910606 - 26/04/11 12:40 PM
Hi folks,
there have been a couple of hiccups on the AMN site recently, but thanks to Malcolm Ramage (boss behind AMN) things are just about back to normal.
Here's his latest message:

Hello, Yesterday I informed you of some issues that arose after the site was moved to a new more powerful server, which sadly resulted in most of the site being inaccessible. The issue was caused by a synchronisation issue between the databases that keep the site running, and as all the articles and links are held in one of these databases, anything beyond the front page was pretty much unavailable. The forum was online, but you had to access it directly and not from the home page. This was resolved by around 4pm UK time, however the AMN Live! player was unable to play media as it could not locate the mp3 files. This appears to be almost resolved, with most media being playable and more tracks coming back online as the servers file structure is re-indexed. I hope everything will be finished within the next few hours.
Best regards, Malcolm Ramage --
http://www.atarimusic.net
http://malcolmramage.com

So now you know!

Best wishes,

Dave.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor, TESTER33,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: *****
Thread views: 18172

December 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for December 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Blog | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media