Main Forums >> Production - Mixing, Mastering, Gear & Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
gryfyx

Loc: Mumbai, India
Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: Martin Walker]
      #867888 - 13/10/10 03:48 PM
Quote Martin Walker:

Hah - thanks for the compliment AS

Send me a PM and I'm sure we can work out a solution that doesn't involve credit cards

(EDIT - AS - just spotted you have Leylines by AES Dana - one of my all-time favourite albums )

Martin

Finally Martin.

Martin, it’s been quite a long time that we've known each other and still you seem to know so little about me. The compliment that you are referring to is, my dear friend, actually a true expression of what I felt the first time I got curious and clicked on Yewtreemagic link and found out about your work, and listened to the demos. Martin I am more introvert than it seems. I feel you are badly underrated. You need to market your music more so it’s less underground and set limited to a certain cult, and here I'm considering all the praises that all those magazines have put across for your work. Though I like originality more than popularity. What I would seriously like to do, if get the chance is that I would luv to collaborate with you in future. But considering my condition and acumen in music I guess it’s a rarity that may take a lifetime. And lifetime is a time that’s too short for anyone. My entire urgency towards things, everything in life actually, has a meaning that I hope doesn’t frustrate people whom I’ve known in this lifetime. And through my perplexing linguistics I sense the mystics of pleasure that I derive with a childlike slyness and quite enjoy the bliss. And I sincerely hope no one ever comprehend this.

Well, I got a bit driven there, and now will straight away go to shoot a PM before you change your mind.

*Edit* - By the way It wasnt just The Greenwood only that hooked me up. All those four albums were grand.

Thank you, Martin, for all the support.
And thank you everyone else to make this thread a lovely conversation.

--------------------
SoundCloud

Edited by AuralSerenity (13/10/10 04:13 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: The Elf]
      #867892 - 13/10/10 03:51 PM
Quote The Elf:

But will you love me tomorrow?

Why; Is it Thursday tomorrow?

Well in that case -

--------------------
SoundCloud

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: Richie Royale]
      #867908 - 13/10/10 05:24 PM
Quote Richie Royale:

To me Electronica is electronic music that isn't usually dance orientated, but I guess it is a very broad genre. DJ Shadow or Aim are definitely not what I would describe as electronica; I would call it Hip Hop or Trip Hop, although the latter term is not one I tend to use, I prefer downbeat.

I mention dance music as lots of electronic music - house, techno, drum and bass, has fairly well defined genres, whereas electronica tends to be stuff that is designed to be listened to rather than danced to. Ambient is a genre, but I think it suitably falls into electronica generally, even though some of it is not made by electronic means (synths).

It's all music at the end of the day!

I feel bad that I failed to notice this earlier. Rich, you are richer than I previously commented and thought. 100% agree with you on your view. Electronic music is infact a shape changing evolving genre. To be frank its so variable that its not a genre by the definition of the word 'genre'.

Like world music should more accurately be termed as folk music, but as folk music would make it sound more like a proper noun they devised the term world folk music, and later just world music. Similarly electronic music is more of a fancy term in reality, and accurate definition of any particular electronic shall reside in the designation of the subgenre that goes down the hierarchy as if their is no limit.

Ambient to Psybient to Illbient makes hell lot of difference to the aficionados. But as you said, Rich, it's all music at the end of the day, genre should only be referred to present an idea and not the whole meaning to the music. For many years, when I too was suffering from this syndrome of genre identification, I used to get stuck when it came to distinguish one from its other close relative. Guys, there is actually no event horizon lying in the borders of musical style, and many a times you'll be involuntarily pulled into many other various styles in the same song. To clear these opinions I would recommend more listening sessions and purposeful observation of the musicality in the various styles.

By the way, Rich, I fear of being called a hypocrite 'cause I prefer to call it downtempo instead of downbeat. Hahaha.

--------------------
SoundCloud

Spiked Lunch

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: gryfyx]
      #867919 - 13/10/10 07:31 PM
Good post!! Lots of stuff for me to check out!

Radiohead - Kid A
Benge - 20 Systems <= Synth bible in CD form
Coil - Black Antlers
Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts <= this is fantastic!!
Nine Inch Nails - The Slip
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Blindoldfreak - 1
John Frusciante - A Sphere In The Heart Of Silence
How To Destroy Angels - How To Destroy Angels(Trent Reznor, Mariqueen Maandig, Atticus Ross)
Daniel Johns & Paul Mac - I Can't Believe It's Not Rock
Death In Vegas - The Contino Sessions
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - White Luna
Portishead - Third
Thom Yorke - The Eraser

The above is all music that is largely electronic based and I listen to on a regular basis.

--------------------
my music

franciskimberley

Loc: UK
      #867929 - 13/10/10 08:51 PM
Lost connection and double posted!

Edited by francobidanco (13/10/10 08:55 PM)

franciskimberley

Loc: UK
      #867933 - 13/10/10 08:53 PM
Amen to Richie Royale and the previous post by Aural Serenity. Electronica can mean a lot of different things to different people, and to me it's like this:

Shamen - Boss Drum, En-Tact, Arbor Bona Arbor Mala
DMX Krew - Any release
Dam Funk - Any release
Jimmy Edgar - XXX
Gosub - Watchers From The Black Universe
Cylob - Any release
Depeche Mode - Speak and Spell
Dopplereffekt - Infophysix
Kraftwerk - Tour De France
Comtron - Follow The Money
Datassette - Datassette LP
Ullrich Schnauss - Goodbye
Sebastien Tellier - Sexuality
Erland Oye - Unrest
Spirit Catcher - Any release you can find
Kris Jupiter - Jupiter/Micropacer
Deejay Punk-Roc - Spoiling It For Everyone Else
Les Rythmes Digitales - Darkdancer
Orbital - Green Album
Thom Yorke - The Eraser
Chris Clark - Empty The Bones Of You
Burial - Burial
Mount Kimbie - Crooks and Lovers
James Blake - Klavierwerke EP

Also totally worth mentioning are the artists that have come from a more traditional hiphop background but are going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay leftfield with their music. You might hear the genre called "Wonky Beats" or "Wonk" or "Beat Scene" or some other stupid name but it's essentially electronica with a staunchly hiphop outlook on arrangement and production style. There are loads right now but the two that stick out for me are:

Flying Lotus - Los Angeles, Cosmogramma (I didnt like that but lots of people did, worth checking)
Bullion - Young Heartache EP

Some classics, some future classics, but all "electronica" to me.

I could write for days so I'll stop.

--------------------
www.hungrybearmastering.com
www.bookofsound.com

chew_rocket

#867934 - 13/10/10 08:59 PM
Quote AuralSerenity:

Quote chew_rocket:

DNTEL - Life is Full of possibilities
Mum - Go, go smear the poison ivy

Very interesting. I just checked their tracks in youtube after your recommendation and frankly I'm completely blown. Very experimental. Many many thanx.

Your very welcome!

you might also like:
B.Fleischmann
Lali Puna
Matmos

hollowsun

Loc: Cowbridge, South Wales
      #867949 - 13/10/10 10:03 PM
I see no-one's recommended Blackout Crew.

Is there an aversion to a banging donk here?

--------------------
Website / Music Lab Machines / Blog

Dan Bo

Loc: Oxford
Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. [Re: gryfyx]
      #867964 - 13/10/10 11:22 PM
Nice to see some names of some excellent artists on this thread. I was going to recomend some of the usual suspects:

Apex Twin - come to daddy ep, ventolin, i care because you do, etc
Richard D James - Richard D James album
Aurtechure - inculabula
Amon Tobin - Bricolage, Permutation and Supermodified are great examples of his work
DJ Krush - It has to be his early stuff tho though to fall into this catagory.

others:
Funki Porcini - Hed Phone sex, and "Love Pussycats and Carwrecks"( the 1st track on this album is a real listener)
Plastikman - Artifakts and Musik are very good and fairly similar while "Consumed" is fantastically foreboding
Sqaurepusher - Selection 16
Luke Vibert/Wagon Christ - Might be a little Hip Hoppy but littered with some nice electonica

ooohhh and can we count:- The Smokers Delight?? - their self named second album and next album "Car boot Soul".

Very nostalgic thread this

Dan

--------------------
Two interesting facts about me: 1)My Knob is the length of two Argos pens 2)I'm banned from Argos

jellyjim

Loc: uk
      #867968 - 14/10/10 12:13 AM
I think electronica is anything that goes beep where the beep is made by something electronic and you're meant to listen to the beep more than dance to the beep but you can do that too if you like. The beep may even be a sample but it's still essentially a beep. Well it's many beeps played 44.1 thousand times a second, for example. Anyway I digress. In electronica these beeps are more typically arranged in the studio or sequenced by other electronics that don't go beep. Instead they tell the beeps when to beep. Sometimes the beeps are played live by humans but it's uncommon. Some bands, such as Pink Floyd, use elements that we might describe as electronica but as this isn't their primary aesthetic so I wouldn't call them electronica per se.

Which brings us on to rock which is a form of music that generally doesn't beep. It has more of a sort of roaring and stamping sound.

I like both and heartily recommend Avant Hard by Add N To X which Q magazine described as the greatest rock album ever without any guitars on it. It's got synths instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avant_Hard

--------------------
Original artwork and unique devices inspired by vintage technology http://www.thisisobsolete.com

Edited by jellyjim (14/10/10 12:14 AM)

Dan Bo

Loc: Oxford
Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: Dan Bo]
      #867997 - 14/10/10 05:40 AM
* my penultimate line should have read:

ooohhh can we count Nightmares on Wax?? - Smokers Delight and Car Boot Soul are very cool albums.

Damn the post edit time

Dan

--------------------
Two interesting facts about me: 1)My Knob is the length of two Argos pens 2)I'm banned from Argos

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: Spiked Lunch]
      #867998 - 14/10/10 05:50 AM
Quote Spiked Lunch:

Nine Inch Nails

--------------------
SoundCloud

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: franciskimberley]
      #867999 - 14/10/10 05:58 AM
Quote francobidanco:

Amen to Richie Royale and the previous post by Aural Serenity. Electronica can mean a lot of different things to different people

Quote francobidanco:

Shamen - Boss Drum, En-Tact, Arbor Bona Arbor Mala
DMX Krew - Any release
Dam Funk - Any release
Jimmy Edgar - XXX
Gosub - Watchers From The Black Universe
Cylob - Any release
Depeche Mode - Speak and Spell
Dopplereffekt - Infophysix
Kraftwerk - Tour De France
Comtron - Follow The Money
Datassette - Datassette LP
Ullrich Schnauss - Goodbye
Sebastien Tellier - Sexuality
Erland Oye - Unrest
Spirit Catcher - Any release you can find
Kris Jupiter - Jupiter/Micropacer
Deejay Punk-Roc - Spoiling It For Everyone Else
Les Rythmes Digitales - Darkdancer
Orbital - Green Album
Thom Yorke - The Eraser
Chris Clark - Empty The Bones Of You
Burial - Burial
Mount Kimbie - Crooks and Lovers
James Blake - Klavierwerke EP

Quote francobidanco:

I could write for days so I'll stop.

Aww, just give us a few days to go through all this that's listed and then please, please do come back with more.

--------------------
SoundCloud

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: chew_rocket]
      #868000 - 14/10/10 06:01 AM
Boy they are so offbeat, how did you ever managed to find them all?

--------------------
SoundCloud

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: Dan Bo]
      #868001 - 14/10/10 06:12 AM
Quote Dan Bo:

Nice to see some names of some excellent artists on this thread. I was going to recomend some of the usual suspects:

Apex Twin - come to daddy ep, ventolin, i care because you do, etc
Richard D James - Richard D James album
Aurtechure - inculabula
Amon Tobin - Bricolage, Permutation and Supermodified are great examples of his work
DJ Krush - It has to be his early stuff tho though to fall into this catagory.

others:
Funki Porcini - Hed Phone sex, and "Love Pussycats and Carwrecks"( the 1st track on this album is a real listener)
Plastikman - Artifakts and Musik are very good and fairly similar while "Consumed" is fantastically foreboding
Sqaurepusher - Selection 16
Luke Vibert/Wagon Christ - Might be a little Hip Hoppy but littered with some nice electonica

ooohhh and can we count:- The Smokers Delight?? - their self named second album and next album "Car boot Soul".

Very nostalgic thread this

Dan

Dan Bo, I dont know about others but I am absolutely delighted to be in your company. I know how it impacts on all of us to realize that how mysteriously we missed upon Plastikman, Funki Porcini and Squarepusher till now. Luv you for bringing them on.

and

Jazz has been more of my wife's indulgence, but when it comes to Nightmares on Wax, I'm total game.

Here I dont know what was the reason but Dan your post for some reason reminded me of 'Molotov Cocktail'. Frankly I didnt appreciate them much, but still maybe the word nostalgic led to a deja-vu.

--------------------
SoundCloud

jellyjim

#868004 - 14/10/10 07:16 AM
Prefuse 73
Flying Lotus

(glitch-hop strictly speaking)

--------------------
Original artwork and unique devices inspired by vintage technology http://www.thisisobsolete.com

Andy W

#868013 - 14/10/10 08:26 AM
Excellent choices all. I'd recommend Planet Boelex -

http://www.boelex.org/

particularly the Suunta album.

jellyjim

#868024 - 14/10/10 08:52 AM
Just spotted this in my inbox from some Amazon spam

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-Tune-Label-Month/dp/B0045G64BY

You need an Amazon account but it's an album of choice DRM-free Ninja Tunes cuts for the princely sum of £0,000,000.00

--------------------

jellyjim

#868025 - 14/10/10 09:13 AM
I've been listening to some more experimental/avant garde stuff recently that you might be more likely to call electronic music in the traditional sense rather than electronica which does seem to imply something specifically cultural. It's challenging at first but like the best Jazz (Coltrane, Mingus) it'll reward you with some unique aural experiences. I like listening to some of the really odd stuff on my iPod and going and doing something normal like shop or washing up or just walk amongst people. Everything is normal apart from this totally surreal soundtrack burbling away in the background! The other cool thing about this stuff is that not all of it is coming from labels, I'm just finding a lot of it on the net especially through the always brilliant Matrixsynth.

Anyway here are the artists

Franck Vigroux's "Camera Police"
Tim Love Lee's "Against Nature"
Tobor Experiment's "Tales from Dione"

and a guy who keeps popping up on Matrixsynth called "Ether^ra" .. he's just doing a load of improvs but he's got a really nice feel for it (and a Serge modular the lucky b'stard!) this i particularly like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I367bdFDKKI&feature=player_embedded

Spreading the net a little further what I like in the electronica I do like I hear in some jazz and more recent classical music - i can't explain it but they seem connected (to my ears at least)

Coltrane, Mingus, Bartok, Philip Glass etc

--------------------

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: Andy W]
      #868031 - 14/10/10 09:25 AM
Quote Andy W:

Hi Andrew, I'll be truthful.

At first go I was turned off. I even set my expectations in such a way that nothing about boelex, one man army project, could ever appeal to me. I clicked on the myspace play button and started reading about the project. I came back to SOS with utter discontentment and thought of not replying as nothing about that site or music project boelex seemed appropriate to the league of the references in this thread.

BUT, then all of a sudden my speakers were pure beauty. I checked the myspace and saw the song Suunta being played. I was so much impressed that I checked almost all the songs and they are still being played as I'm writing. I immediately felt ashamed of my biased view that I had some moments back. In the beginning I even doubted this to be a self promotion.

Andrew, there are a very nice set of melodies in Suunta. Hail. Suunta is very much my style.

Thanx for this truly rare and beautiful recommendation. I'm at complete awe.

Until coming week my mind is going to be exploded by all these recommendations in this simply beautiful thread. Only with few anomalies.

Thanx Andrew.

--------------------
SoundCloud

Edited by AuralSerenity (14/10/10 09:30 AM)

gryfyx

#868037 - 14/10/10 09:45 AM
How about Sunn O))). The drone music can be cool too (I know that lot of people are allergic to it).

--------------------
SoundCloud

jellyjim

#868070 - 14/10/10 11:33 AM
Quote AuralSerenity:

Quote Andy W:

Hi Andrew, I'll be truthful.

At first go I was turned off. I even set my expectations in such a way that nothing about boelex, one man army project, could ever appeal to me. I clicked on the myspace play button and started reading about the project. I came back to SOS with utter discontentment and thought of not replying as nothing about that site or music project boelex seemed appropriate to the league of the references in this thread.

BUT, then all of a sudden my speakers were pure beauty. I checked the myspace and saw the song Suunta being played. I was so much impressed that I checked almost all the songs and they are still being played as I'm writing. I immediately felt ashamed of my biased view that I had some moments back. In the beginning I even doubted this to be a self promotion.

Andrew, there are a very nice set of melodies in Suunta. Hail. Suunta is very much my style.

Thanx for this truly rare and beautiful recommendation. I'm at complete awe.

Until coming week my mind is going to be exploded by all these recommendations in this simply beautiful thread. Only with few anomalies.

Thanx Andrew.

Yes that's all rather lush especially Suunta - reminds me of early Future Sound Of London

--------------------

MarkOne

Loc: Bristol, England, Earth, Perus...
      #868092 - 14/10/10 12:08 PM
Any of you come across the sonic madness that is Tara Busch?

--------------------
New album 'Fantasy Bridge' available now!
Making of Fantasy Bridge Diary

Martin WalkerModerator
Watcher Of The Skies

Loc: Cornwall, UK
Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: MarkOne]
      #868121 - 14/10/10 01:13 PM
Indeed I have, although I wouldn’t have described her work as madness, but rather tasteful

While we’re on the subject of more experimental stuff, I’d recommend Jason Corder (OffTheSky), whose web site is: www.offthesky.com

My favourite album of his is ‘Gently Down The Stream’, which you can audition here at Shopsonic (a wonderful resource for ambient music as long as you have a credit card )

www.shopsonic.com/product_details.php?id=304

Martin

--------------------
YewTreeMagic

onesecondglance

Loc: Reading, UK
      #868150 - 14/10/10 02:12 PM
anyone who likes electronica is welcome to peruse the offerings of the doubledotdash!? collective as linked in my sig. it ranges from banging to blissful.

--------------------
hourglass | random thoughts | doubledotdash!? collective

Spiked Lunch

#868201 - 14/10/10 04:50 PM
.... I also have some modular synth action om my link if anyone fancies a listen....

Tara Busch is pretty cool although I don't own any of her stuff - I probably need to rectify that.

--------------------
my music

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: MarkOne]
      #868210 - 14/10/10 05:25 PM
Quote MarkOne:

Reminds me of Bat for Lashes. Quite erotic in pieces, and that's not mad at all.

--------------------
SoundCloud

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: Martin Walker]
      #868214 - 14/10/10 05:32 PM
Quote Martin Walker:

While we’re on the subject of more experimental stuff, I’d recommend Jason Corder (OffTheSky), whose web site is: www.offthesky.com

Wow, thats cool. I almost got scared when I clicked on that link, I least expected my subs to go active. I seriously jumped at that sound. But that's a very interesting one Martin.

Quote Martin Walker:

My favourite album of his is ‘Gently Down The Stream’, which you can audition here at Shopsonic (a wonderful resource for ambient music as long as you have a credit card )
www.shopsonic.com/product_details.php?id=304

--------------------
SoundCloud

gryfyx

#868219 - 14/10/10 05:54 PM
What the hell!

So many lovely replies and not a single one spoke about my second favorite in the list. If there is any doubt then clear it as Global Communication - 76:14 is an impeccably beautiful piece of art. There simply isnt any comparison to this album. It took almost a century for me to decide not to put it on the first place. And nothing else but only Substrata comes to that league. Even after making the list I wasnt sure if I did the right thing for 76:14.

By the way guys, check Chevy Martin. My stoopid cousin made the video and posted it today for me. He likes this track a lot. Chevy is also one of my favourite lounge musician, and my cousin told me there isnt a single link of this song on the web so he made this video and posted it. So guys check this out. Frankly, as some people had funny issues with Pink Floyd being in the list that I made. I guess if they consider the Pink Floyd to be out then Chevy Martin gets that rank without a single frown.

--------------------
SoundCloud

vinyl_junkie

Loc: Kent, UK
      #868228 - 14/10/10 06:43 PM
Quote AuralSerenity:

What the hell!

So many lovely replies and not a single one spoke about my second favorite in the list. If there is any doubt then clear it as Global Communication - 76:14 is an impeccably beautiful piece of art. There simply isnt any comparison to this album. It took almost a century for me to decide not to put it on the first place. And nothing else but only Substrata comes to that league. Even after making the list I wasnt sure if I did the right thing for 76:14.

Great album, but the track 8.07 is a a complete cover of the track Love On A Real Train by Tangerine Dream...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KuNH3C36QE

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: vinyl_junkie]
      #868231 - 14/10/10 06:53 PM
Quote vinyl_junkie:

Great album, but the track 8.07 is a a complete cover of the track Love On A Real Train by Tangerine Dream...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KuNH3C36QE

Nope that's wrong info. The track that you should have mentioned was not 8:07

That's the track 5:23 the 8th track on the album that youre reffering to dear. It was also a soundtrack for one of the GTA game.
And moreover it never was accurately ripped, one can say there are lot of similarities in two. I've been following Global Communication since my kidhood so I followed there history, even how they figured most of those tracks.

--------------------
SoundCloud

Edited by AuralSerenity (14/10/10 07:01 PM)

gryfyx

Re: Favorite electronica collection in your studio shelf. new [Re: vinyl_junkie]
      #868233 - 14/10/10 06:58 PM
You can also check this link of wiki, go down to the notes in bottom.

I even played both the tracks in cubase and did A/B comparison, I would say yes its similar, but calling it a complete cover would be preposterous in accordance with my ears.

--------------------
SoundCloud

gryfyx

#868235 - 14/10/10 07:06 PM
Why the hell we cant edit our post? SOS forum is having a serious issue.

*Edit - I wanted to add "I bought that album in August '94 as per my records and it was released in June '94" I followed the ambient cult through such similar and some other that were mere bootlegs when came and later got known to everyone as a mainstream one. Like Rara Avis, who also has a major impact on me.

--------------------
SoundCloud

Martin WalkerModerator
Watcher Of The Skies

#868241 - 14/10/10 07:19 PM
Quote AuralSerenity:

Why the hell we cant edit our post? SOS forum is having a serious issue.

Sorry about the current lack of editing folks - I reported this earlier on today, and am sure it will be back in action soon.

Martin

--------------------
YewTreeMagic

Martin WalkerModerator
Watcher Of The Skies

#868242 - 14/10/10 07:20 PM
Quote AuralSerenity:

Quote MarkOne:

Reminds me of Bat for Lashes. Quite erotic in pieces, and that's not mad at all.

Tara has done remixes for Bats For Lashes

Martin

--------------------
YewTreeMagic

gryfyx

#868246 - 14/10/10 07:43 PM
That's not surprising Martin, surprising is what I just found out. She has also covered The Cure for "Let's Go to Bed". I would seriously like to listen to that.

--------------------
SoundCloud

gryfyx

#868252 - 14/10/10 08:07 PM
Quote AuralSerenity:

Like Rara Avis, who also has a major impact on me.

As I mentioned Rara Avis, I think it cant go without me putting this link. Oh I love this song.

--------------------
SoundCloud

TheBazmeister

#868299 - 14/10/10 10:32 PM
Tycho.

Richie Royale

Loc: Bristol, England.
      #868356 - 15/10/10 07:53 AM
Yes, the Global Communication album is very good, but there are other albums that I prefer to listen to. I find myself reaching for FSOL more than any other artist.

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale
http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
5 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor 
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 14894

September 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for September 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media