Welcome to the Product & Industry News Forum.
Here manufacturers and distributors in the music technology industry can post PR and information about their products, events, jobs, personnel etc. that would be of interest to the SOS readership - for free!
Individuals may use this forum to promote goods or services, but are also permitted to post in other forums (take care not to post the same thing in more than one place, as this is not allowed). News of other people's products belongs in the Recording & Production forum.
Regular forum users feel free to enjoy reading the news posted here by manufacturers and distributors, and reply to any news stories you wish.
Manufacturers and distributors, as well as independent companies are not permitted to post promotional material anywhere except within this forum and following the guidelines below....
Advertising In Print/Online
If you are interested in making an announcement that offers more colour, graphics and a presence on the Newsstands, you may be interested in getting in touch with SOS to take advantage of one of our magazine Classified ads, available at very affordable prices. Simply get in touch with us by going to http://www.soundonsound.com/information/PrintAds.php.
How to Post
1. Create an account.
2. Make sure you've filled out your Forum Details. The name you choose for your forum name does not need to be your company name - this will be appended to your profile by an administrator, once you have verified your identity.
3. Sign in.
4. Send a message to Sonny Harvey by clicking here. In your message, please give the following information:
Your company name:
Your job title:
Your contact telephone number:
Your email address:
Please make sure that this information is correct, as we will use it to contact you if there are any problems with your account. The information you provide will NOT be shared publicly and will remain confidential. It may be shared with selected members of SOS staff so that they can contact you in the event of my absence (e.g. on holiday).
5. Once Sonny has received your message, he will add a 'title' to your account – it's the bit that appears under your username as shown here:
This will be the same as the 'company name' you provide so that other users can identify that you are a legitimate representative of the company you work for.
6. Begin posting! You may post press releases/information on any of the following:
- new product announcements
- product updates
- special offers
- personnel announcements
There aren't any – apart from our code of conduct which applies to all forum members.
It's worth pointing out a few things though...
- Please be sensible about how frequently you post, and don't try to make your thread more popular by 'bumping' – that is, posting unnecessarily in the same thread in order to make it appear higher on the list. It annoys other forum users. Related to this, you also shouldn't use the other forums to promote the fact that you've posted product news in the Product News forum (although it's acceptable to mention it in passing).
- Please be respectful to other companies and their representatives.
- By all means join in the user discussions that will follow after your initial posts.
Abuse of the forums and breach of these posting rules WILL result in action by the moderation team or SOS staff, and could result in you losing your posting and forum access rights.
This section covers the following topics:
- how to insert pictures
- how to insert other media, e.g. videos/sound files
How To Insert Pictures
SOS does not host any pictures from forum members. You'll need to make sure your picture is already on the Internet somewhere, and then copy its URL. (If you don't have anywhere to keep image files, you can upload them to websites such as DropBox which give you free storage.)
In your post, paste the image URL in between the tags [image] and [/image] like this:
When you create your post, the forum software will pull the image from the URL location you've given and your picture should appear in the post.
The maximum available size for pictures is no more than 800px wide and 800px tall. If you want to include pictures greater in size than this, please instead use a hyperlink to the location the picture is held.
How To Insert Other Media
You can embed other media in our forums. For YouTube videos, for example, click the "share" and then "embed" buttons on a video you wish to include. This will generate some code that should begin with the tag iframe. Paste this code into a post, and your video should appear.
SOS Web Editor, Support & Social Media
Friend SOS on Facebook | Follow SOS on Twitter
Edited by Jennifer Jones (17/07/12 03:37 PM)