Print Thread

Pages: 1
JBleu

'shared library error' message in Pro Tools new
      #890997 - 30/01/11 01:39 AM
Hello,

I am trying to open a Pro Tools session but keep getting this error message:
shared library error. "3<Pro Tools PPC dbg><DAE><DSI><DsiWriteHostRegister>"

I have Pro Tools HD 6.9.2 on a dual 2.7 GHz Power PC GS, 6 GB DDR SDRAM, running on OS X 4.8 . With 2 internal hard drives.

What happened was all was running fine for years, until a few days ago I tried to load Pro Tools 8 (Digidesign install disk from the studio I work at). The disk wouldn't read, so I upgraded the OS to OS X 4.11 & this is when it seemed everything went nuts (computer wouldn't boot, had to boot from install disk & switch boot drives, in which the computer turned on with no problem.

After doing some reading on the Avid forums, I reset the PRam & NVRAM, did a zero erase on the boot drive after backing it up & repaired disk permissions from the 'disk utility' located in the install disk menu. After this, when I tried to launch PT's I received the 'unable to locate Digidesign Hardware' error message that wouldn't go away even tho' everything was on, connected & working fine previously.

I then uninstalled & re-installed Pro Tools from the original install disk & now I'm receiving the 'shared library error' message.

I know this sounds quite complicated, but if anyone here has experience with this type of message (of which I can find NOTHING about it on the Avid support site or forum) I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thanx~!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Phil O

Loc: Scotland
Re: 'shared library error' message in Pro Tools [Re: JBleu]
      #891039 - 30/01/11 11:54 AM
IIRC, the message is most usually associated with a compatibility issue. That said, PT 6.9.2 should be OK on OS 10.4.11.

Is the install disk definitely 6.9.2 and not an earlier version that you updated to arrive at the version you have now?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
1 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 2407

September 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for September 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media