Main Forums >> Production - Mixing, Mastering, Gear & Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Johnny Stecchino

Loc: Roma, Italy
9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more!
      #910676 - 26/04/11 04:24 PM
http://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic-rome-event.asp

Sounds very interesting! and it's in Rome

I'm gonna be there!

--------------------
Pro. violinist who likes some experiments...
https://myspace.com/pagannini/music/song/pagan-nini

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
franciskimberley

Loc: UK
Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: Johnny Stecchino]
      #910683 - 26/04/11 04:49 PM
That looks awesome! Shame, I've already booked my holiday this year and it's my honeymoon... Doubt my fiance would let me swap it for this!

"Hi honey, listen... how does Rome sound?"

--------------------
www.hungrybearmastering.com
www.bookofsound.com

Johnny Stecchino

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: franciskimberley]
      #910918 - 27/04/11 06:29 PM
Oh, franco I wouldn't like to create any hassle with the fiance... take into consideration though that Rome is a very nice city to travel in, but if your woman should wait all day alone it's probably not a good idea...

--------------------

John Willett
Sound-Link ProAudio

Loc: Oxfordshire UK
Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: Johnny Stecchino]
      #910921 - 27/04/11 06:42 PM
Looks *very* interesting.

And you forgot to mention Florian Camerer - he is the top man when it comes to surround (New Year Concert from Vienna) and he is also *the* man when it comes to the new Loudness metering specs.

If you have not heard about this I strongly advise you to get acquainted with it.

I have been to several lectures / seminars on the subject - *most* interesting......

--------------------
John - Sound-Link ProAudio
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Johnny Stecchino

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: John Willett]
      #910971 - 27/04/11 09:23 PM
Hi John,
no I didn't hear about Florian Camerer and will check out, thanks. Are you kinda mocking me using "most" and "very" ? I'm gonna go to this seminar exactly because I DO have a lack of knowledge about the materia, otherwise what's the point? Sorry I didn't understand why using this sarcasm?

--------------------

Urthlupe

Loc: West Midlands, UK
      #911390 - 29/04/11 04:59 PM
Johnny I think you'll find that John did simply mean what he said, that these lectures really are interesting.

Loopy

Johnny Stecchino

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: Urthlupe]
      #911939 - 02/05/11 06:52 PM
Ah, ok, hope that's the case I couldn't understand the point.

BTW anybody who is interested subscription end at 6th of May!

--------------------

John Willett
Sound-Link ProAudio

#912129 - 03/05/11 01:05 PM
Quote Johnny Stecchino:

Hi John,
no I didn't hear about Florian Camerer and will check out, thanks. Are you kinda mocking me using "most" and "very" ? I'm gonna go to this seminar exactly because I DO have a lack of knowledge about the materia, otherwise what's the point? Sorry I didn't understand why using this sarcasm?

Quote Urthlupe:

Johnny I think you'll find that John did simply mean what he said, that these lectures really are interesting.

Loopy

True - I meant exactly what I wrote.

I was certainly *not* mocking at all - I would never do such a thing.

I meant exactly what I said and these lectures look to be extremely interesting and I would recommend anyone who can possibly get there to go.

--------------------

Johnny Stecchino

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: John Willett]
      #912637 - 05/05/11 10:57 PM
No worries my friend John,
I understood I was wrong from what Urthlupe wrote.
Looking forward to participate in the event! Hope to see other forum members there,
Cheers,
Jonathan

--------------------

Johnny Stecchino

#914109 - 13/05/11 12:32 PM
I can not believe it!
TC electronics send me today this mail:

"TC Electronic" <romecalling@tcelectronic.com

Dear 'Rome Calling' participant,

You have applied for a seat at our Audio Seminar in Rome 9-10 June 2011. However, there has been more applicants than we can accommodate at the seminar. Therefore, it has been necessary to do a random pick among everyone who signed up.

Unfortunately, your name did not 'come up from the bowl', but we thank you very much for your interest in the seminar. In fact, we hope that you may still be interested in case we get any cancellations within the next couple of weeks. If this should happen, we plan to offer the seats that become available to those of you who have signed up, but not been picked in the initial drawing.

Best regards"

WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS??? Normally the first people to apply are the first one to get a place, I applied in the beginning of April (yeah, sorry guys I didn't put the advertise immediately, but not because of being opportunities) and they told me to wait for confirmation. Fair enough if other booked BEFORE me, I understand that but this NOT what they said... To me it smell of nepotism...
I wrote back to TC Electronics saying that and wait for they reply now (didn't write about the nepotism, that wouldn't be "political correct" - I hate this term...)
Would love to have a respond of any representative of TC Electronics on the forum (I know there is one but don't know if he/she is connected to this seminar...).
What do you think people?
This seems a strange way to deal with things.
Sorry for my anger but I'm furious! (naively I even asked in advance 2 days off from my employer...)

Best to all of you and peaceful mind
Jonathan

p.s. just wanted to share with friends and release some anger, sorry

Edited by Johnny Stecchino (13/05/11 12:38 PM)

Handlestash

Loc: Ireland
      #914115 - 13/05/11 01:27 PM
I got my place and I applied just yesterday!

Whoop!

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/anthony-wall/sets/audio-reel
http://songsforvoiceandpiano.com/

Handlestash

#914116 - 13/05/11 01:31 PM
Just kidding.

--------------------

Johnny Stecchino

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: Handlestash]
      #914137 - 13/05/11 03:26 PM
Quote Handlestash:

Just kidding.

Ok mate, you gave me some laugh, THANKS; I was like - WHAT ??? (and checked the date - end time was 6th of May) and then so the other one....

--------------------

Handlestash

#914138 - 13/05/11 03:34 PM
That's what I'm here for.

--------------------

John Willett
Sound-Link ProAudio

#914404 - 15/05/11 10:14 PM
Quote Johnny Stecchino:

I can not believe it!
TC electronics send me today this mail:

"TC Electronic" <romecalling@tcelectronic.com

Dear 'Rome Calling' participant,

You have applied for a seat at our Audio Seminar in Rome 9-10 June 2011. However, there has been more applicants than we can accommodate at the seminar. Therefore, it has been necessary to do a random pick among everyone who signed up.

Unfortunately, your name did not 'come up from the bowl', but we thank you very much for your interest in the seminar. In fact, we hope that you may still be interested in case we get any cancellations within the next couple of weeks. If this should happen, we plan to offer the seats that become available to those of you who have signed up, but not been picked in the initial drawing.

Best regards"

WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS??? Normally the first people to apply are the first one to get a place, I applied in the beginning of April (yeah, sorry guys I didn't put the advertise immediately, but not because of being opportunities) and they told me to wait for confirmation. Fair enough if other booked BEFORE me, I understand that but this NOT what they said... To me it smell of nepotism...
I wrote back to TC Electronics saying that and wait for they reply now (didn't write about the nepotism, that wouldn't be "political correct" - I hate this term...)
Would love to have a respond of any representative of TC Electronics on the forum (I know there is one but don't know if he/she is connected to this seminar...).
What do you think people?
This seems a strange way to deal with things.
Sorry for my anger but I'm furious! (naively I even asked in advance 2 days off from my employer...)

Best to all of you and peaceful mind
Jonathan

p.s. just wanted to share with friends and release some anger, sorry

That's a real bummer, I fee from you.

I would write and tell them you applied early and advertised the event free for them by posting on forums and if you had known that by doing this free advertising for them you would be jeopardising your own place you wouldn't have done it.

Ask them why they did a lottery and not first come first served as is normally done.

Be polite and explain and they may squeeze you in.

--------------------

Johnny Stecchino

#914584 - 16/05/11 09:34 PM
Quote John Willett:

That's a real bummer, I fee from you.

I would write and tell them you applied early and advertised the event free for them by posting on forums and if you had known that by doing this free advertising for them you would be jeopardising your own place you wouldn't have done it.

Ask them why they did a lottery and not first come first served as is normally done.

Be polite and explain and they may squeeze you in.

Dear John,
thanks for your suggestions; I already did all of them before writing my "complains" here. Though sometimes I'm a bold head I was very polite indeed, however nobody replies till now...

--------------------

Jeraldo

#914941 - 18/05/11 07:50 PM
Shesh-how very strange!

With tcelectronic involved, one can't expect too much of anything to be done with any forethought or organization. Nor, as it appears here, logic.

I hope they can accommodate you.

That would seem not only logical, but good PR in itself.

I hope you can attend-it would be a terrific group of people to hear!

In any case, you may begin receiving an unending blizzard of email............

Good luck!

Johnny Stecchino

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: Jeraldo]
      #917411 - 01/06/11 11:11 AM
To anyone who is interested to know how the story went,
after writing a second letter and getting this response which actually didn't respond my question at all:

"I am truly sorry that we could not make room for everybody, the interest has really been overwhelming.
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards/Distinti Saluti

Betina Tønnes
Project Coordinator
TCGROUP international"

I called today Denmark and spoke with Betina Tønnes from tc and ask how comes they made this decision to pick up randomaly the audience and not give place to the first people who applied.
The respond was: this is the way we choose I can not give you more information and the organizer will give you the same answer.

No comment... I will leave it to you

Quote Jeraldo:

Shesh-how very strange!
With tcelectronic involved, one can't expect too much of anything to be done with any forethought or organization. Nor, as it appears here, logic.

Hi Geraldo, interesting is there anything specific about tcelectronics with organizing?

--------------------

Jeraldo

#917488 - 01/06/11 02:54 PM
Quote Johnny Stecchino:

Hi Geraldo, interesting is there anything specific about tcelectronics with organizing?

There sure is!!! But I don't have time to write the book that would be required for the details. They display an utter and appalling lack of forethought to everything they do, from product releases, customer "service," and customer relations.

Evidently they've tamed their Harassment Department, aka marketing. Otherwise, you would have been complaining to them and to us by now. Be thankful for that!

Quote Johnny Stecchino:

called today Denmark and spoke with Betina Tønnes from tc and ask how comes they made this decision to pick up randomaly the audience and not give place to the first people who applied.
The respond was: this is the way we choose I can not give you more information and the organizer will give you the same answer.

No comment... I will leave it to you

That certainly presents them in a flattering light.

I'm sorry things didn't work out. After seeing your recent post, I was hoping to read that they had accommodated you, and was going to ask you for a report after it was over.

Too bad for you, and shame on them.

As on some other occasions, they've gotten good (and often free) publicity for a product or event while not meeting reasonable expectations for the product or service.

Jeraldo

Re: 9th-10th of June - "Audio seminar of the year" - Bob Katz,George Massenburg and more! new [Re: Jeraldo]
      #917504 - 01/06/11 03:40 PM
Johnny-PM sent.

Johnny Stecchino

#918208 - 05/06/11 03:31 AM
Quote Jeraldo:

I'm sorry things didn't work out. After seeing your recent post, I was hoping to read that they had accommodated you, and was going to ask you for a report after it was over.

Nothing to do and no serious responds.

The good news are that in the 8th (a day before the seminar in the topic), in the same place there will be a seminar held by Bob Katz http://www.digido.com/italian-seminar-notice.html

I just subscribe myself 2 hours ago - there are still some places left so if anyone is interested you have time till Monday to subscribe!

Looking forward!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts 
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 4681

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media