Main Forums >> PC Music
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Jonesy512

Laptop Audio out processors? new
      #945944 - 08/10/11 01:06 AM
Hi there

I'm after, if such a thing exists, a program I can use to control EQ and other things on my laptop audio out. sort of like a mixing desk.
I have one called AC3 Filter but it doesn't do anything to the overall sound.

Is there such a program?

cheers
Jonesy

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
tim_obrien

Re: Laptop Audio out processors? [Re: Jonesy512]
      #946056 - 09/10/11 02:13 AM
Have you looked into your Sound control panel to see if that is there already?

The big limitation is the 40-cent soundcard built into all computers.
You've really got to replace it with something better if you want to mess with music...

Jonesy512

Re: Laptop Audio out processors? new [Re: Jonesy512]
      #946062 - 09/10/11 07:21 AM
I have a laptop =S so upgrades are very few =S
Ive been looking at external sound cards though

ef37a

Loc: northampton uk
      #946065 - 09/10/11 07:39 AM
Hi Jonesy,
Any DAW software you get will have some form of EQ and other effects such as reverb in it. Reaper is excellent but have a shufty at the free Samplitude Silver and even WMP has a graphic EQ (of sorts!) in it.
But as Tim said, you will be very limited by the internal soundcard (actually playback might not be that bad but for recording, forget it!)so you need an external Audio Interface. If cash is very tight even the Behringer UCA202 is much better than the internal card, approaches CD dynamic range and has at least 1/2 decent, RCA connectors. But you can do much better, especially if you want to record mic or guitar. Beware of older, second hand AI's, some are not so clever on Windows 7. For instance the Em-u 0404usb 2.0 held sway as the top sub £200 AI for some years in XP but I understand there are some issues with W7? look at AIs from Focursrite and Presonus and stay with usb.
Dave.

Jonesy512

Re: Laptop Audio out processors? new [Re: ef37a]
      #946075 - 09/10/11 09:51 AM
Cheers mate i have a Presonus USB box it works a charm and i also use reaper for recording and editing i just thought they may have been a better program similar to AC3 encoder or Realtek HD drivers i could use

humandrums

Loc: liverpool uk
      #946079 - 09/10/11 10:31 AM
if its just for mp3 theres a winamp plugin by izotope that does eq etc, and heaps of other free plugins for it, if your serious about it then yeh as the other guys have said get an external interface and pick what flavour of DAW you want to use, Reaper is good not only because its free but because its a really well thought out and executed bit of software

--------------------
www.humandrums.com
online session drumming at realistic prices

ef37a

Loc: northampton uk
Re: Laptop Audio out processors? new [Re: humandrums]
      #946086 - 09/10/11 10:39 AM
Quote humandrums:

if its just for mp3 theres a winamp plugin by izotope that does eq etc, and heaps of other free plugins for it, if your serious about it then yeh as the other guys have said get an external interface and pick what flavour of DAW you want to use, Reaper is good not only because its free but because its a really well thought out and executed bit of software

Used be a big fan of Winamp but last time I downloaded it it had got fat, lazy and very pretentious!

Dave.

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 3123

November 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for November 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media