Main Forums >> Keyboards & Synthesis
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
Biguana

Loc: London, UK
unrealistically optimistic question new
      #959162 - 15/12/11 03:18 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know of a 19" rack-mounted analog delay with the delay time controllable by a CV input?

Cheers,
Tom

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Biguana

Re: unrealistically optimistic question new [Re: Biguana]
      #959163 - 15/12/11 03:25 PM
Multivox MXD-5 maybe? Can't find a manual.

BJG145

Loc: Norwich UK
      #959164 - 15/12/11 03:39 PM
Crumbs, it's the 21st century y'know...

Richie Royale

Loc: Bristol, England.
      #959166 - 15/12/11 03:56 PM
19" analogue racks discussed in the other place, you would have to research each one to find out about the CV ability.

19" Analogue delay discussion

The Moogerfooger is worth looking at as they can be rackmounted. Two would be very nice (and pricey!)

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfoogers/mf-104z-analog-delay

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale
http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

Biguana

Re: unrealistically optimistic question new [Re: BJG145]
      #959167 - 15/12/11 03:57 PM
Well MIDI would be even better but I already know the answer to that is no!

I just want an analog delay and want to be able to change the delay time on the fly without fiddling with the knobs

Richie Royale

Loc: Bristol, England.
      #959168 - 15/12/11 04:02 PM
http://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man_AMAZE0_Analog_Delay_Tap_Tempo_and_M odul_p/am-amaze0.htm this plus an Analog man pedal? Not rackmount though.

http://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man_ARDX20_Dual_Analog_Delay_p/am-ardx2 0.htm

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale
http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

nathanscribe

Loc: Yorkshire, by 'eck.
      #959184 - 15/12/11 05:19 PM
The Moog has been discontinued for a while, and fetches c. £600 used. One would be an indulgence, two mental.

Does it have to be analogue? By which I presume you mean BBD. The EHX Deluxe Memory Man gives over 1s of delay time and can be controled with a cv or expression pedal. In fact, for cheap, the Memory Boy and DMB can also be controlled externally. Korg, Boss, Ibanez and Yamaha all made analogue rack delays, but you might be limited to the delay time and controls.

If it has to be rack but you don't mind a good lo-fi digital unit, try the Digitech RDS 1900. It's 8 bit, gives almost 2s of max delay time and has various control jacks, including CV in. I have two. They're cheap and good. Also check out the 1/2 rack Boss RDD-10 or 20 - the Microrack range have modulation i/o jacks and can be hooked together or swept via a CV.

Also fun is the Strymon El Capistan. I've not tried any Eventide but they get good reviews. Analogue delay is over-rated, IMO, but if you know you want a particular sound, there aren't very many rack analogues that have total external control. I suppose you could rackmount almost anything if you strap it to a shelf, but Roland also made a rack version of one of their tape echo units - RE-555 I think. Expect to pay plenty, if you can find one.

--------------------
my nerdy synth tech blog

Biguana

#959379 - 17/12/11 01:59 PM
Wow, thanks for all the replies!

Yeah I know the moogerfoogers can be rackmounted but buying multiple moogerfoogers is a little extravagant for me (though I do rather like the sound of the Midi Murf)

Likewise the SRE-555 would be lovely but yeah, just too much money (also it looks enormous - rack mounted moogers isn't a great use of space either)

I think I've found something that meets all my criteria though - Doepfer A-188-1 BBD Eurorack module. I've got three units of space available that I can install some Z-rails in, so that should be cool. Only thing is, I'll then of course have to fill the rest of the eurorack... such a shame... I've just discovered postmodular.co.uk, so that will be fun!

nathanscribe

Loc: Yorkshire, by 'eck.
Re: unrealistically optimistic question [Re: Biguana]
      #959534 - 18/12/11 04:08 PM
I forgot about Eurorack... if you get into that, check out the Muffwiggler forum. When I was planning a first system I got plenty of suggestions and advice there.

--------------------
my nerdy synth tech blog

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 3096

October 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for October 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media