SOS Forums >> SOS Support Forum
        Print Thread

Pages: 1
bdtrigg

June issue in iPad app "unavailable"
      #989317 - 24/05/12 01:36 PM
Be great to get any update from SOS-side on why this is happening again. Happened last month although I couldn't see the issue at all even though others were clearly able to buy it. This month it is visible but says "Issue unavailable". Using iPad 2.

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Jennifer Jones
Web Editor, Support & Social Media

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: June issue in iPad app "unavailable" new [Re: bdtrigg]
      #989371 - 24/05/12 03:29 PM
Hi bdtrigg,

We had a slight problem with the latest issue of the app, May, as the software running the app (which is made by Adobe) had been updated and we had to release an update of the app.

As far as I know there are no problems with the June issue, so please try following these steps to see if they solve your problem:

1) Go to the App Store and check for updates. If there is an update available for the SOS App (v1.2) download & install it. This should fix the issue.

2) If you've tried 1) and are still having problems, please try shutting down the SOS app by pressing the home button twice, then in the taskbar tapping and holding on the SOS app icon until it wiggles, then tapping the 'x' that appears. Then restart.

3) If solution 2) doesn't work, try removing the SOS app completely (on the home screen, tap and hold on the SOS App icon in the main screen, then tap the 'x' that appears. It will ask you to confirm you wish to delete it), then re-installing from the App Store. Once re-installed, try 'restore purchases'.

4) If solution 3) doesn't work, it is a bug in the software and can be fixed as follows: restart the iPad (power-off) then launch the app again. It then should say 'purchased' but as soon you you select restore purchases, it reverts back to 'buy'. Switch the iPad off and on again. Basically - if in doubt, switch the iPad off and on again. This has been confirmed to fix this bug in version 1.2 of the app as well.

You can also email appsupport@soundonsound.com for more help.

--------------------
SOS Web Editor, Support & Social Media
Friend SOS on Facebook | Follow SOS on Twitter

Jennifer Jones
Web Editor, Support & Social Media

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: June issue in iPad app "unavailable" new [Re: Jennifer Jones]
      #989939 - 28/05/12 08:03 AM
Additional steps to take if those above do not work as follows:

Sometimes rebooting the router will help. Sometimes signing out of your Apple ID, restarting the iPad and then signing in again can help. Sometimes a stalled download in iTunes can cause problems.

Check iTunes and see if you have a pending or stalled download in there. If you do, finish that download or delete it if you can. If you can't finish or delete the download on the iPad, do it in iTunes on your computer and then sync the iPad. Then go back to the app store and see if you can connect.

If that doesn't work or if that was not the problem, go to Settings > Store > Apple ID, tap your ID and sign out. Then reboot the iPad, Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Then go back to Settings > Store > Sign in and sign in again and see if you can connect and download.

(Thanks to Biodiode for this advice.)

--------------------
SOS Web Editor, Support & Social Media
Friend SOS on Facebook | Follow SOS on Twitter

Flangipani

#1008935 - 18/09/12 12:14 PM
I am having this same problem with the September 2012 issue. I have tried the above steps but it still doesn't work.

Any other tips?

Flangipani

#1010010 - 25/09/12 02:42 PM
Now having the same problem with October!

zenguitarAdministrator

Loc: Devon
Re: June issue in iPad app "unavailable" new [Re: Flangipani]
      #1010096 - 25/09/12 08:32 PM
Hi Flangipani,

Sorry no one appears to have picked up your problem. Jenny who posted previously in this thread has left SOS for pastures new but there should be someone on the web team checking on this forum regularly in her place.

I've sent an email to someone on the team who should be able to help out with the problems you are having.

And again, very sorry that you've had to wait.

Andy

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Hugh RobjohnsAdministrator
SOS Technical Editor

Loc: Worcestershire
Re: June issue in iPad app "unavailable" new [Re: zenguitar]
      #1010676 - 29/09/12 12:31 PM
Ditto that -- sorry for the delay. Sonny Harvey is our man where this kind of stuff is concerned, and he'll be along shortly...

In the meantime, I believe Adobe has updated the app with some bug fixes, so it would be worthwhile making sure you have the latest version of the app as a starter.

Sorry this seems to be a recurring problem -- I can appreciate the frustration. We will look further into this, but it is genuinely outside of our immediate control as the app and all the licensing side of it is made and run by Adobe via the iTunes site, and the issue content is downloaded from Adobe's site too... So we have to deal with these kinds of problems at arms length, as it were. I'm not trying to make excuses, just to explain why it is harder than it should be to resolve these issues.

Hugh

--------------------
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Flangipani

#1010739 - 30/09/12 12:22 AM
All my apps are up to date. I have also upgraded to iOS 6.

Mike Stranks

Loc: Oxford, UK
      #1011351 - 03/10/12 08:57 AM
Hi Flangipani

Have you had a response to your problem and is it sorted?

Mike
(Forum Mod Team)

axeman_ukl

#1011530 - 03/10/12 08:08 PM
I have this problem every month so far I have to delete the app and install a new one , beginning to get fed up doing this why is this happening ?

SOS Technical Editor

Re: June issue in iPad app "unavailable" new [Re: axeman_ukl]
      #1011900 - 05/10/12 12:36 PM
Sorry for the frustration you're continuing to have. I can't answer your question directly, I'm afraid, but I have requested someone far better equipped than I to respond here as soon as possible.

Obviously, we intend and expect the process of accessing iPad content to work smoothly, just as we hope to respond promptly to comments and complaints in this forum. I can only apologise on behalf of SOS that we seem to have failed on this occasion.

hugh

--------------------

SOS Technical Editor

Re: June issue in iPad app "unavailable" new [Re: Hugh Robjohns]
      #1011954 - 05/10/12 04:07 PM
An update:

I'm told that the problem is not with the SOS content in the iPad version per se, but with Adobe's authoring and delivery systems, and that Adobe has issued several bug fixes already and is presumably still working on others to fix the problems. So checking for Adobe app updates is obviously an important prerequiste in this problem.

I know it's no consolation, but I'm told other magazines that use the same Adobe iPad publishing system are experiencing far worse problems with this download issue than we seem to be! But at least that means that it has Adobe's full attention, and hopefully the problems will be fully resolved soon.

So again, apologies for the frustration, but it is due to matters beyond our control. I hope the irritations of downloading the SOS content at the moment are quickly forgotten when you finally get to enjoy the magazine...

hugh

--------------------

Flangipani

#1012358 - 08/10/12 12:18 PM
The delete and re-install seems to have done the trick...

Hugh, I notice the SOS app in the store hasn't been updated since 16 may. Is that right?

I don't have a separate adobe app installed on my iPad for your app to use. I would have imagined that would just be a component bundled in with your app...?

Pages: 1

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  zenguitar, Martin Walker, SOS News Editor 
Forum Permissions
      You can start new topics
      You can reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating:
Thread views: 8190

November 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for November 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media