Main Forums >> Recording Techniques
        Print Thread

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
ken long

Loc: The Orient, East London
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Kwaidan]
      #971378 - 21/02/12 11:18 AM
Quote Kwaidan:

Heads up for a new scammer frequenting SOSreaders Ads

I am contacting you regarding your wanted advert, How you still
interested in buying this item.. I have it still in good working
condition and in perfect order. Good price is accepted, if you are
interested in buying from me. Let me know your price as well as the
your shipping contact address for shipping to your home. And i will
get back to you with details...Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
AGUSTIN MUÑUMER
VILLA DE PLENCIA 10,4ºC,
LAS ARENAS-VIZCAYA,48930
SPAIN

I would answer:

Dear Agustin,

What a coincidence! I will be in Las Arenas-Vizcaya this spring so we can meet in person and finalise the deal. Looking forward to meeting you.

Kindest regards

--------------------
I'm All Ears.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator     Back to top
Collie

Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: Studio Support Gnome]
      #984352 - 26/04/12 07:04 AM
Hi Guys Seems there's another scammer trolling the SOS Ads received this last night,the same email sent word for word for both my ads

Quote:

Good Day,

I saw your advertisement on the Internet; I'm really interested in buying it as am buying to set up a small scale business. I really love this particular make and feel i can have a good deal for it in my neighbourhood, can you please explain some more about how and who used it. I have already seen on the advertisement, but wouldn't mind knowing more about an advert placed online...

How it was used and kept well is really important for me to know because I am not in a good state of health to come to see it before purchase so, I'd really appreciate a well descriptive description about its present condition and the {least price} that it will be sold for. I would also appreciate if you could send more pictures of it.

Get back to me as soon as possible to avoid further delay in the purchase, you don't need to worry about the delivery to my location because my shipping agent will be ready for coming to receive it once payment reaches you.

You can contact us on this line +44 70359 16387, but it is better if you could send me e-mails because I might be busy to pick my calls......

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible

Best regards

Mr. Mrs. McMail

fatbenelton

Loc: Liverpool, UK
      #984353 - 26/04/12 07:05 AM
Got several emails from Mrs McNeil yesterday in response to some ads I listed - same number and everything..........

--------------------
Jonny

Edited by fatbenelton (26/04/12 07:06 AM)

DaleSmith

Loc: Hull, UK
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. new [Re: fatbenelton]
      #984503 - 26/04/12 06:32 PM
same here!!!!

Good Day,

I saw your advertisement on the Internet; I'm really interested in buying it as am buying to set up a small scale business. I really love this particular make and feel i can have a good deal for it in my neighbourhood, can you please explain some more about how and who used it. I have already seen on the advertisement, but wouldn't mind knowing more about an advert placed online...

How it was used and kept well is really important for me to know because I am not in a good state of health to come to see it before purchase so, I'd really appreciate a well descriptive description about its present condition and the {least price} that it will be sold for. I would also appreciate if you could send more pictures of it.

Get back to me as soon as possible to avoid further delay in the purchase, you don't need to worry about the delivery to my location because my shipping agent will be ready for coming to receive it once payment reaches you.

You can contact us on this line +44 70359 16387, but it is better if you could send me e-mails because I might be busy to pick my calls......

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible

Best regards

Mr. Mrs. McMail

Edited by DaleSmith (26/04/12 06:33 PM)

Peter Conz Connelly

Loc: Tyne & Wear, UK
      #986894 - 11/05/12 12:35 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320904027220?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksi d=p3984.m1423.l2649

I bidded then asked if collection was a possibility but, without explanation, they cancelled my bid and, after I asked why, they told me strictly no collection and PayPal wasn't working so would need to be a bank transfer (I asked nothing about payment).

Could be genuine, maybe a newbie, but I've been using eBay long enough to suspect this could be a rat.

P

--------------------
Composer, Songwriter, Producer, Sound Designer
www.peterconnelly.com

Edited by Peter Conz Connelly (11/05/12 12:36 PM)

mpostor

Loc: S.W. London
Re: Ebay and Readers Ads Scam Alerts. [Re: Peter Conz Connelly]
      #997834 - 14/07/12 03:21 PM
Has anyone got any had dealings with foreign buyers who contact you by phone?

I've got a few bits in Readers Ads at the moment and I've just had a phone call from a Scandanavian country, from a guy with, not other words for it, an African accent.
He asked about one specific item. I told him that it was still for sale and he said that he would have someone in the UK contact me. He then mentioned that he'd seen that I had other stuff and he would see what he wanted from that and that I should expect a phonecall soon.

I've read about the e-mail scams, but I've never heard about anyone using the phone.

At the moment, I'm waiting for the call from the UK guy, but my spider-sense is already tingling.

It could be legitimate, but it's strange enough to get me to post on here.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

SB.

fatbenelton

Loc: Liverpool, UK
      #1073909 - 09/11/13 07:59 PM
The infamous Gary Feeney has been in touch with me in response to some of my readers ads…

He's using the email gary@musictheatre.co.uk and says he's based in Carlisle..

I always do a little checking esp if somebody is asking for the address to come and 'collect'

'Gary' and 'MusicTheatre' leads to this interesting article which outs Gary Adams as the well known fraudster Gary Feeney…..

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/on-the-run-f...

Edited by fatbenelton (09/11/13 08:02 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Rate this thread

Jump to

Extra Information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts,  
Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled
Rating: ***
Thread views: 474989

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media