Main Forums >> Mac Music

Skerrick

Reged: 10/01/13
Loc: Sydney NSW
Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing!
      01/02/13 06:59 AM
Quote hollowsun:

Quote Skerrick:

do you not think its amazing that you can create quality music

It's technically quite impressive I suppose but 'quality music'? In the ear of the beholder. I happen to find it a bit depressing that 'music' has descended into four-bar loops over which people witter.

However, I'm not a 16-year-old looking for a banging night out off my head on cheap, pissy lager and then trying to reproduce those 'beatz' on my mobile phone! My aspirations for musical satisfaction are perhaps somewhat different.

But if simple two chord loops float your boat and you think it's 'genius' or 'amazing' or 'wicked', who am I to argue?

That said, we do live in a world of 'X-Factor' and other lowest common denominator bilge!

WHAT are you talking about hollowsun? thats absolute garbage. youre so negative!
if you wanna be an old fashioned elitist and complain that nothing can sound good unless it comes wired through a heavy steel box the size of an encyclopaedia then go ahead, but being old fashioned is going to ultimately drag you down.
dont get me wrong, analogue gear is great, but who the hell can afford all of it? and who has the space?
realistically a digital DAW is a thing of beauty and innovation, and like it or not, theyre incredible pieces of software that WILL eventually replace a lot of gear and theyre clearly here to stay. simply because you can virtually fit a whole studio into your computer, with a few essential external items. its brilliant!

youre refusing to see the positives and focusing on the negatives.
PLUS (if you were referring to the song i posted, which i believe you didnt even listen to..)
im not making 4 bar loops, if youd actually listened to the song i posted, youd hear its a live recorded piano tune made of three layers of piano, which i recorded individually first, THEN went through and played drums over the tune within the app using the drum pads and kits provided, given the drums are a little soft (which i believe compliments the melody) i did the whole thing from start to finish - including exporting it straight to soundcloud - from my ipad.
if youd actually listened to the tune, youd hear that theres actually no loops in there.
its not made of loops, none of my tunes are tbh. although looping is necessary and saves from repeating chords and melodies on a larger scale production level, the only things i religiously loop are my beats, and i construct them in 16 bar sections, using between 12 and 16 of these 16 bar patterns to complete the beat for a song from start to finish. so even though theyre looped beats, theyre as diverse and interesting as i can possibly make them.
eg; http://soundcloud.com/skerrick/cyclical

im not a 16 year old either, how condescending of you. im 23 years old, working full time with sound engineering and music production as a growing passion on the side.
ive had no parental/financial support, i pay all my own bills, buy all my own gear, live on my own and have taught myself through the likes of forums such as this.
the venom in the post im replying to right now is semi sickening.
im not sure if youre calling me a piece of "lowest common denominator bilge" whereas in your other posts about "mac vs pc" you also made a whole bunch of sly comments and criticisms..

i cant get over how rude youre coming off...

QUOTE: HOLLOWSUN -
"However, I'm not a 16-year-old looking for a banging night out off my head on cheap, pissy lager and then trying to reproduce those 'beatz' on my mobile phone! My aspirations for musical satisfaction are perhaps somewhat different."

what a nasty thing to say.

i actually work for a large english based international wine company and id like to inform you that im drinking appelation du controllee bordeaux, burgundy and rhone reds as well as some of australias greats from regions the likes of the barossa valley, mclaren vale, coonwarra, and margaret river to name a few.
i have currently 33 bottles of wine on the shelf in my apartment totalling about $690 between them. amongst them is a gran reserva 2004 from spain.
"cheap pissy lager" is most certianly not my thing - at all. maybe ill have a little creatures pale ale or a fat yak? even so, youre making rude assumptions based on nothing but a sore soul.

i charge you to maybe reconsider whipping out the sting next time you decide to write such a venomous post.

people are excited about new technology, i personally dont like logging in to check my favourite forum and reading nasty stuff that makes me feel ill.
i respect the users on this site, and dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with a healthy discussion.. but this is me calling you out on your attitude.

im not nasty to you by ANY means mate, so maybe you could not be so nasty to me or whoever that post was clearly directed at.

peace. x

--------------------
www.soundcloud.com/skerrick

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator
Rate this thread

Jump to

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Johnny Stecchino 28/01/13 09:40 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Richard Graham   03/02/13 01:00 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Johnny Stecchino   03/02/13 07:55 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! electrotimba   03/02/13 09:10 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Richard Graham   03/02/13 10:51 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Johnny Stecchino   09/02/13 09:57 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! MonkeySpank   01/02/13 08:23 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! DGL.   01/02/13 08:28 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Skerrick   01/02/13 04:34 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! geefunk   31/01/13 09:25 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Skerrick   01/02/13 02:24 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! geefunk   01/02/13 09:54 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! hollowsun   01/02/13 05:55 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Skerrick   01/02/13 06:59 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! hollowsun   01/02/13 02:29 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Skerrick   01/02/13 11:07 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! hollowsun   02/02/13 04:51 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! desmond   01/02/13 08:30 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Skerrick   01/02/13 11:14 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Johnny Stecchino   01/02/13 01:40 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Tui   29/01/13 08:42 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Richard Graham   30/01/13 08:55 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! ManFromGlass   29/01/13 11:02 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Skerrick   29/01/13 03:21 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! Skerrick   29/01/13 03:18 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! The Elf   01/02/13 10:34 AM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! desmond   28/01/13 10:36 PM
. * Re: Korg iMS 20 - look what this guy is doing! blue manga   01/02/13 10:37 AM

Extra Information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 7571

December 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for December 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Blog | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media