Main Forums >> Recording Techniques

Mbazzy

Reged: 14/07/04
Loc: Gent-Belgium
Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo
      30/11/04 09:43 PM
Thanx for the feedback so far ...

Maybe somemore background on my workflow.
I send a lot of time creating textures/sequences in AudioMulch and Bidule after which they get assembled and multitracked in Ableton Live . So this is pretty much all audio we're speaking here . Not so much midi sequencing à la Cubase etc. . I have always been an audio kinda artist that's how come ...

Now with the advent of Live 4.XX we have the midi sequencing possibility .
Unfortunately good vsti's often equal high horsepower PC's and the faster the cpu's the higher the demands raise on the system for latest cry good vsti's (and in fact vsts as well) ... and that's a kind of trap i'd Like to avoid in som way by using dedicated dsp's.

I like to think that by offloading the kind of synth/sampler to the dedicated dspboard ), I'll make better and longer use of the PC CPU for other tasks/applications. And that's why I'm eyeing the Luna in this setup : in order to use the STS sampler or Modular III , sequenced by Live3 but keeping the PC CPU as much as possible for Live and leaving the synth/sampler side to the Luna DSP.

Same thing on the mixdown/mastering side where I'm looking at the mixtreme : here the DSP can take care of the power needed to have excellent mastering efx where the equalperforming plugins on a PC will tax the CPU accordingly and hitting the cpuceiling much faster of possibilities of the application(s) i'm using.

If I had the money available I'd probably go straight for The Scope Project or Professional , but i have to balance the checkbook and that's why I was thinking about doing it in this -creative- way ....

Basically I would have :

main application ableton playing audio files and midi files , where the midi files would power eg. the Modular III and where all the output would be routed into the Mixtreme for final mixdown ...

--------------------
______http://www.mbazzy.tk_________

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator
Rate this thread

Jump to

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Mbazzy 30/11/04 12:40 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Mbazzy   03/12/04 08:29 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo docformat   02/12/04 01:10 AM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Mbazzy   01/12/04 10:43 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Wurlitzer   02/12/04 12:49 AM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Wurlitzer   01/12/04 10:03 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Mbazzy   01/12/04 09:21 AM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo docformat   30/11/04 10:54 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Mbazzy   30/11/04 09:43 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo akisD28   30/11/04 10:49 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Ivories   30/11/04 10:53 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Ivories   30/11/04 06:25 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo *INACTIVE USER*   30/11/04 08:14 PM
. * Re: Creamware Luna & MixtremePowerpack combo Neo-Classical Guitar Man   30/11/04 06:00 PM

Extra Information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1568

August 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for August 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media