Well, I dunno. I'm new to the Mac world, don't know how they do things, but it struck me that the release of Snow Leopard might be followed not too long after by a bug fixing point release. If you hung around a few weeks (while everyone else gets their drivers sorted ...) then you could go straight to the point release, were there one.
I don't really get your Logic. You can't go straight to a point release, you'd have to install from your retail discs and then download/run the update.
And certainly I intend to wait a few weeks before doing much with it, as I already said, so I can see the feedback and base my install decisions based on that.
I'm too excited by the potential benefits and promises of SL to not want to upgrade, but like any sensible user, I will wait until I can make those decisions based on real evidence, rather than pre-release promises.
Either way, it matters not whether it's sitting on my shelf, or Apple's... *shrug*