Had a quiet day today at work (too quiet), so showed this thread to one of the office girls - longest I've ever known her to be quiet
I knew there was a reason we started this!! LOL
But meanwhile, back in Electric Ukuleleland (and I do have plans in that direction)...
Step one today was to remove the Sellotape and make a start trimming back the new bindings with the chisel.
And all working out so far, so more work with the chisel and then the legendary Stanley knife blade as a scraper. Until it's almost done.
But before I get them totally flush, I want to fix those two little splits around the cutaway. And the first job is to grab a fine paintbrush to get some water into the splits and soften the wood ready to bend it back into shape. And once it's had time to soak in, time to load the splits with glue and get some clamps on. And I'll be honest, it took a good 15 minutes juggling clamps, cork pads, and MDF blocks to get them both neatly pressed into place.
But I finally got it all in place. So tomorrow I can get them finally flush to the back and scrape the sides flush too. Then it'll be time for necks, frets, and bridges.
When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro.