Partly because I'm worth it, but largely because I didn't glue any necks today. And if I glued them on saturday I would want to remove the clamps on sunday, which is a definite no-no.
But what I did do was get out the pillar drill and drill both headstocks to take the tuner bushings. Ruth's was pretty straightforward. But mine needed a little extra effort because one of the original holes was slightly out of place. So to tidy it up, I re-drilled two of the holes all of the way through at the larger diameter for the bushings. Then I improvised with the fret press to partially insert the bushings in those holes before locating the tuners and drilling the pilot holes to mount them.
And then I removed the temporarily fitted bushings without damaging the headstock veneer. So all should be OK when it comes to finishing the headstocks later.
And on monday I will be fitting necks. Then it's time to make some bridges, fit nuts and saddles, and then get started on final finishing. Almost there !!
When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro.