1. Is what i have said above correct about not needing a speaker load when connected to the PA?
2. 18w.... is it going to be loud enough (and is it controlled by the desk volume or the master volume on the amp itself) because im sure i read somewhere that if its through the DI then the only limitation is the desk volume.
3. is it going to distort when it gets turned up too much, as a normal amp obviously would?
4. i use quite alot of pedals, does the amp take pedals well?
5. ill only really be using the clean channel (because of the pedals) so
1. Yes, the redbox has a built in dummy load and XLR out to PA/recording etc.
2-5. Up to you!
There is now the smaller 5w version, but that might not have the clean headroom.
Try one and see, though Guitarist raved when they tried one.