But I do like to use Pages - and keynote. Pages is a lot simpler than Word which means it's easier to use for 90% of your work when you aren't editing someone else's doc or docx. For the other 10% - well, I work in a computer science department so I've picked up LaTeX and I use the file diff built into tortoise svn to work collaboratively. Never crashes, always perfect type setting and everything you need to manage a really big project.
Keynote is just as functional as PowerPoint, a lot prettier and your presentations =really= stand out when you're pitched against the PPT Borg. Which of course is exactly the point of a presentation.