Main Forums >> Musicians' Lounge

Kolakube

Reged: 01/12/09
Loc: Geordieland
Please check out my productions. Comments welcome as long as you say im amazing - haha
      22/04/12 05:41 PM
Hey all,

I mainly write in the style of trance. Ever since I was young I have always been heavily attracted to synths and the sounds they make. From Duran Duran and Human League and on to today's Trance. its fair to say I love synths.

However Trance music is produced to a ridiculously high standard. And its totally studio based. IE you cannot really make it live, nor perform it live without miming or at very least playing previously heavily studio-ed loops and such, you may as well just DJ with CDRs.

So for a change I try and contact my dark side. I write in an experimental drum and bass style and only use hardware and hardly any compression and such. The result is the perfect antidote to trance. Live, spontaneous, raw, rough, warts and all type of music.

If anyone wants to stop by and pay me a visit that would be great. Comments welcomed good or bad but keep it constructive and be prepared to let me hear your work so I know you know what your talking about.

Mind, I must warn you, it seems to be like Marmite. for every 50 that thinks its pure pap, 1 loves it haha. Theres no in between seemingly. So its perhaps very brave of me to put up a few tunes I know no one likes. But then if anyone else does well that's great. Im only to pleased to share my compositions but I warn you its far from mainstream. As said the main reason for these compositions is to unwind from the studio based approach to Trance. And I get this 100%. So all good.

If you like please do subscribe and leave a comment. Also Id love to hear what you do. Not so much talking about mainstream stuff where I can stick the radio on and hear. But stuff that dares to be different that is hard to come by in these days of sheep music sadly.

Soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com/clarktrent

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ClarkTrentMusic/videos

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator
Rate this thread

Jump to

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Please check out my productions. Comments welcome as long as you say im amazing - haha Kolakube 22/04/12 05:41 PM
. * Re: Please check out my productions. Comments welcome as long as you say im amazing - haha Kolakube   22/04/12 07:16 PM
. * Re: Please check out my productions. Comments welcome as long as you say im amazing - haha Folderol   22/04/12 07:08 PM

Extra Information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, Will Betts 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 905

May 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for May 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Digital Editions | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media