- Create an admin account + create an account with standard rights. Use this standard account for your day to day tasks. Make sure after booting the 'choose your account screen' will show up. Give your admin account a high password length.
- Keep UAC on.
- in the rare case you have to log in from the choose-account-screen as an
admin: plug out your network cable from the router (probably easier to reach than the back
of your computer). Do this before loggin in and plug it back in after loggin
Last point sounds hilarious but it works perfectly. It is important to keep the next points in mind:
- windows firewall should be on
- make sure your OS is patched
- be very very careful installing
software from untrusted parties
This is how I always deal with my computer and never gave me any virus, malware or whatever, without the need for a bloated unnecessary virus scanner on my computer.
Edited by WaveOnWave (03/02/13 06:49 PM)