Main Forums >> Recording Techniques

Dr Whom

Reged: 25/02/07
Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE?
      27/11/08 04:56 PM
Quote redleicester:

Quote Dr Whom:

Quote reverend-x:

Quote Dr Whom:

sure, thats all well and good, but that doesnt mean they cant arrange their product line into packages instead of having breakout cables etc seperate from the cards they fit etc etc.. it's a mess from a marketing point of view.

That said though, it's not like they're struggling to sell their products...

how would you know anything about their curent financial status? that's hardly a sensible attitude in the current climate? - remind me not to hire you anytime soon, lol

it's quite simple they just need top arrange the packages in price order - with each package showing the card, cables and breakoutboxes which can go together

it's as simple as that really.

Don't forget Dr W, there are rather a lot of professionals on this forum who work closely with many different manufacturers, so the inside track on sales is fairly likely be easy to ascertain.

If you look at their website, I would have said they were fairly logically arranged by interface type (FW / PCI / PCIe / ExpressCard and so on, and each interface then has its options listed...

Not sure where you're going with this one chap...?

going? eh? we're just talking arent we? does there have to be a 'winner' in a conversation?

well lets see what happens with a collapsing economy going on. I cant beleive RME turnover that much anyway.

so perhaps i'm saying they need to think about encapsulating a broader client base? Name me ONE company that doesnt want to do that?

rme are not Bentley or Ferrari where, yes, selling a small quantity can work thru hard times. As i said, i never met anyone with an rme product. and i bet a web-poll across various music forums of user cards ranked by manufacturer would have them down in the bottom ranking for ownership.

Now you take Hoontech, ok, smaler company initialy, cheaper product line of course (but good & reliable); their early 'Korean designed' website did an 'RME', with everything split into components, it was a nightmare of marketting crapola. and no-one bought

then they redesigned their site with products clearly arranged into 'this goes with this' easy to assess packages.

sales rose quickly & massively and with a short time they were a number-1 seller of a multi i/o pci audio device.

worth a thought.

your round mate

--------------------
You might think that... but I couldn't possibly comment.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator
Rate this thread

Jump to

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? DURDEN 24/11/08 04:44 AM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Dr Whom   28/11/08 10:57 AM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? geefunk   28/11/08 11:26 AM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? * User requested deletion 2 *   28/11/08 12:59 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? adrian_k   28/11/08 11:15 AM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? redleicester   28/11/08 11:04 AM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? dmills   25/11/08 06:45 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Martin WalkerModerator   26/11/08 05:25 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? IvanSC   25/11/08 04:17 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Bob Moose   25/11/08 11:46 AM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Hairy Ears   25/11/08 07:52 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Bob Moose   26/11/08 06:43 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Hairy Ears   26/11/08 08:31 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Rousseau   24/11/08 01:46 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Dr Whom   24/11/08 03:06 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? redleicester   24/11/08 04:06 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Dr Whom   25/11/08 01:53 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? andymcbain   25/11/08 04:17 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Dr Whom   27/11/08 04:21 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? redleicester   27/11/08 04:28 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Dr Whom   27/11/08 04:56 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? * User requested deletion 2 *   27/11/08 08:47 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Rousseau   27/11/08 05:46 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? redleicester   27/11/08 05:24 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? redleicester   26/11/08 12:39 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Dr Whom   24/11/08 01:38 PM
. * Re: SOUNDCARD WITH THE BEST LATENCY, WICH ONE? Martin WalkerModerator   24/11/08 01:24 PM

Extra Information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  David Etheridge, James Perrett, zenguitar, Martin Walker, Forum Admin, Hugh Robjohns, Zukan, Frank Eleveld, SOS News Editor,  

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3893

September 2014
On sale now at main newsagents and bookstores (or buy direct from the
SOS Web Shop)
SOS current Print Magazine: click here for FULL Contents list
Click image for September 2014
DAW Tips from SOS

Home | Search | News | Current Issue | Tablet Mag | Articles | Forum | Subscribe | Shop | Readers Ads

Advertise | Information | Privacy Policy | Support | Login Help

Email: Contact SOS

Telephone: +44 (0)1954 789888

Fax: +44 (0)1954 789895

Registered Office: Media House, Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SQ, United Kingdom.

Sound On Sound Ltd is registered in England and Wales.

Company number: 3015516 VAT number: GB 638 5307 26

All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2014. All rights reserved.
The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers.

Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates | SOS | Relative Media